Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not To Be Taken Seriously

Quote:Note also that Mars is something of a detour from that line (making Ptichka's forced landing something that the Girls simply will not be present for, even if they were to hear about it as it happened)

More importantly, since Ptichka's emergency isn't by any definition of the term an accident, Martian orbit from atmosphere to areosynchronous gets locked down five minutes after the first mayday. Where there's one mine, there's bound to be others.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Quote:More importantly, since Ptichka's emergency isn't by any definition of the term an accident, Martian orbit from atmosphere to areosynchronous gets locked down five minutes after the first mayday.
Aren't both Phobos and Deimos inside the areosynchronous diameter? (Or am I misremembering something from The Fountains of Paradise? It wouldn't be the first time.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Phobos is well inside the radius, Deimos just inside.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Quote:Phobos is well inside the radius, Deimos just inside.
Which means anybody in the Roadhouse at the time was grounded. I hope WWI was still in cislunar space...
--
Rob Kelk

Bump, because I expect a lot of discussion about one scene in Chapter Three of LoGG.

Edit: Which is now in the LoGG thread for your reading pleasure this Labour Day. Enjoy!
--
Rob Kelk

Hey, Rob! How much of the next chapter you got plotted out? IIRC, we wanted Skuld to at least get a chance to see the Midnight, and I think I got an angle to squeeze the Roughriders into this mess.

Quote: Hey, Rob! How much of the next chapter you got plotted out? IIRC, we wanted Skuld to at least get a chance to see the Midnight, and I think I got an angle to squeeze the Roughriders into this mess.
I've got enough of Chapter Four plotted out to know the Midnight and the Roughriders are a better fit in Chapter Five. (Chapter Four is primarily travel and conversation...)
--
Rob Kelk

Ah, yes... Before continuing to read this post, go read Chapter Three first.

I mean it.

Because this post has spoilers for that chapter.

Really.

You're back? Okay, in an effort to dispel a bit of the squick, here's a teaser for Chapter Four.

"Hello, Mr. Scott. Are you busy?"

"I'm never too busy to talk with a friend, and I really hope you're a friend. Relax. Have a seat, if you'd like. I assume you want to talk about yesterday. Would you like a chaperone present?"

As she sat down, Rin-Rin replied, "Only if it'd make you more comfortable."

"Then let's just talk."

"All right." After a moment's silence, she continued. "How should I say this ...?"

After another awkward moment of silence, Noah sighed. "Okay, I'll be rude and ask point-blank. What do you think of me?"

She blushed. "You're nice and all, but you're at least twice my age."

"Flatterer. I'm three times your age. You already know my hormones are telling me to get you into my bed, but my brain says our age difference is too great, and my conscience tells me your first time should be with someone you're already having a real relationship with. And not the way I was imagining, either."

Rin-Rin sighed in relief. "So your fantasy ..."

"... was just a fantasy, nothing more. Although if you want to stay here, I'd be happy to give you a suite and a lab until you grow up, and a job with Sora and Kohran when you're ready to start your career. No strings attached."

"No, thanks. I can't feel the wind here."

And now that they no longer contain spoilers, here are the Acknowlegements to date.

The Drunkard's Walk and Girls Girls Girls fanfic cycles were created by Robert M. Schroeck, and are used with permission.

The Fenspace shared-world setting was created by Sean 'Mr. Fnord' Breen. "Fenspace" is a jointly-held trademark of the Fenspace writers.

"Douglas Q. Sangnoir," "Looney Toons", "The Loon" and any representations thereof are copyright by and trademarks of Robert M. Schroeck, and are used with permission.

"Helene 'Wetter Hexe' Diedmeier" and any representations thereof are copyright by and trademarks of Helen Imre.

"Maggie 'Shadowwalker' Viel" and any representations thereof are copyright by and a trademark of Peggy Schroeck.

"The Warriors", "Warriors' World", "Warriors International" and "Warriors Alpha" are all jointly-held trademarks of The Warriors Group, and are used with permission of Robert M. Schroeck.

"Legion" and any representations thereof are copyright by and a trademark of Edward Becerra.

"Noah Scott", "Leda Swansen", "Naoko Sato", and any representations thereof are copyright by and trademarks of Rob Kelk.

"R. Yoriko Nikaido" is the creation of Rob Kelk, based loosely upon the work of Kozuke Fujishima, Etsuko Kozakura, and Pamela Weidner.

"R. Sora Hasegawa" is the creation of Rob Kelk, based loosely upon the work of Kozuke Fujishima and Ikue Ohtani.

"R. Kohran Li" is the creation of Rob Kelk, based loosely upon the work of Ouji Hiroi, Kozuke Fujishima, and Yuriko Fuchizaki.

"R. Yayoi Fujisawa" and "Stellvia" are the creations of Rob Kelk, based loosely upon the work of Ryou Azuki and Fumiko Orikasa.

"Maico Tange" is the creation of Rob Kelk, inspired by the work of Toshimitsu Shimizu and Sakura Tange.

"R. Safety" is the creation of Rob Kelk, based loosely upon the work of Rei Omishi and Rie Iwatsubo.

"Hermes Universal Deliveries" is the creation of 'Griever'.

"A.C. Peters" is the creation of 'Cobalt Greywalker', and is used with permission.

"Fateful Lightning" is the creation of Kevin 'Feinan' Eaches.

"The Floating Island" is the creation of Aaron 'Acyl' Choo Yilun.

"Blackstone", "J.", "Nezumi", and "Chaos" are the creations of Aaron 'Ebony' Johnson, and are used with permission.

"Buckaroo", "World Watch One", and "Jet Car" are the creations of Aaron 'Ebony' Johnson, based loosely upon the work of Earl Mac Rauch and W. D. Richter, and are used with permission.

"The Professor" is the creation of 'Catty Nebulart'.

"Miyu Glear" is the creation of 'Catty Nebulart', based loosely upon the work of Hajime Yatate and Kiyomi Asai.

"Catty Nebulart" is the creation of 'Catty Nebulart', based loosely upon the work of Sukehiro Tomita and Naoko Watanabe.

"Ryoko Asakura" is the creation of 'Catty Nebulart', based loosely upon the work of Nagaru Tanigawa and Natsuko Kuwatani.

"Sol Bianca" is the creation of 'Catty Nebulart', inspired by the work of Mayori Sekijima.

"Katz Schrödinger", "Kobayashi Maru", and "Uncertainty" are the creations of 'Griever', and are used with permission.

"Trigon" is the creation of 'Griever', based loosely upon the work of Marv Wolfman and George Perez.

"Crystal Paris" is a jointly-held trademark of the Fenspace writers.

"Bob Schroeck" is the creation of Robert M. Schroeck, and is used with permission.

"Kat Avins", in this context, is the creation of Robert M. Schroeck.

"Joe Corcoran" and "Pinafore" are the creation of Logan 'Foxboy' Goodhue, based loosely upon the work of William S. Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan, and are used with permission.

"Delandra 'Dee' vel'deVarn" and "Sylvath" are the creations of Robert M. Schroeck, inspired by the work of Mercedes Lackey, and are used with permission.

"Lisa Vanette" is based loosely upon the work of Hiroaki Gooda, Hidetoshi Yoshida, and Aya Hisakawa.

"Sana Kurata" is based loosely upon the work of Miho Obana and Shizue Oda.

"Margaret Sandra 'Peggy' Banzai" is based loosely upon the work of Earl Mac Rauch and W. D. Richter.

"Skuld Ravenhair" is based upon the work of Christopher Angel, which was based loosely upon the work of Kozuke Fujishima and Aya Hisakawa.

"Rei Ayanami" is based loosely upon the work of Hideaki Anno and Megumi Hayashibara.

"Luna Lovegood" is based loosely upon the work of J.K. Rowling and Evanna Lynch.

"Chalotte Borrible" is based loosely upon the work of Michael de Larrabeiti.

"Makoto Kino" is based loosely upon the work of Naoko Takeuchi and Emi Shinohara.

"Rin-rin Minakami" is based loosely upon the work of Naoto Tenhiro and Sakurako Kimino.

"Bibi Summers" is based loosely upon the work of Joss Whedon and Sara Michelle Gellar.

"Kaolla Su" is based loosely upon the work of Ken Akamatsu and Reiko Takagi.

"Mirai Ozora" is based loosely upon the work of Hiroyuki Kitazume and Yukana Nogami.

"Nancy Makuhari" is based loosely upon the work of Hideyuki Kurata and Michiko Neya.

Lyrics from All My Loving, by The Beatles, written by Lennon/McCartney, copyright © 1963 Northern Songs.

Lyrics from Space Truckin', by Deep Purple, written by Ritchie Blackmore, Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Jon Lord and Ian Paice, copyright © 1972 Mauve Music, Inc. (ASCAP).

Lyrics from Motteke! Sailor-fuku (Take It! Sailor Uniform), originally written by Aki Hata, translation uncredited, copyright © 2007 Kagami Yoshimizu / Lucky Paradise.

Lyrics from Lightning Does The Work, by Chad Brock, copyright © 1999 Warner Bros. Records.

Use of any trademark in this work is not intended as a challenge to said trademark.

The author acknowledges the invaluable assistance of Robert M. Schroeck in his sharing of background information, without which this story would have been impossible.

The author thanks Robert M. Schroeck, 'Griever', and 'Cobalt Greywalker' for providing scenes that feature their characters for this story.

The author thanks Robert M. Schroeck, Aaron 'Epsilon' Peori, Sean 'Mr. Fnord' Breen, 'Catty Nebulart', 'Griever', and 'Cobalt Greywalker' for pre-reading parts or all of this story. Anything you didn't like about the story is the author's fault, not the pre-readers'.

Oh, yes... one more thing... Now that that isn't a spoiler, http://fnord.sandwich.net/fenwiki/doku. ... naoko_sato is on the FenWiki.
--
Rob Kelk

Quote: robkelk wrote:

I've got enough of Chapter Four plotted out to know the Midnight and the Roughriders are a better fit in Chapter Five. (Chapter Four is
primarily travel and conversation...)
Let me know what you got in mind and I'll see if I can't cook up something awesome for you.

blackaeronaut at gmail dot com incase you forgot.

Done.

BTW, if anybody wants their characters to have a cameo in Chapter Four (besides A.C and her crew, Bob, and The Jason), now's the time to speak up...
--
Rob Kelk