Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[meta] Need some characters
[meta] Need some characters
I need a few characters for Legend of Galactic Girls. They're essentially walk-on roles, but I figured I'd offer the chance to create them to anyone
who felt like offering, in case somebody wanted to introduce any of these sorts of characters to Fenspace...

First, a television news announcer, preferably one who's cheerful without being saccharine. (If I don't get anyone here, I'll risk Comrade
Fnord's wrath and use the name "Maico Tange
".)

First-and-a-half, the name of a Fenspace-wide news service.

Second, an officious paper-pusher Browncoat. (Yeah, I know, but somebody has to run the
spaceport...)

Third, a bit-part zwilnick or two.

Thanks in advance...

-Rob Kelk

"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."

Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re:Some Characters
Browncoat guy- Jobsworth
Zwilnicks-Arthur C. Torr and Radcliffe N. Shurt
Re: Re:Some Characters
Thanks.
I think I will go with "Maico Tange" as the announcer... especially since I've already written her up. I hope this is enough to pass the "no (more) fictional characters" rule:

Maico Tange
Open Character, created by Rob Kelk
A cute strawberry-blonde who's apparently in her early 20s, Maico is 5'2" tall and has blue eyes. She has a stereotypical but appealing contralo "anime little girl" voice.
Maico is a freelance interviewer. She prefers "human interest" stories, but will cover other news if she's on the scene when the story breaks. All of her reports are netcast on her website - she makes a living from selling some of her reports to broadcast networks and from website banner advertising.
She's been "up" since 2010, ever since she hitched a ride to The Island on the Galaxy Express 999. Despite everything she's seen in the last few years, Maico is still guileless. Her willingness to trust anyone who hasn't been shown to be untrustworthy has made her many friends, and she likes almost everyone she's interviewed (except for Jon Helscher, with whom she has some professional disagreements).
Maico lives in a one-bedroom apartment in Port Luna, but only spends about half her time in cislunar space. The rest of the time, she can be found almost anywhere in Fenspace that there's a "feel-good" story to be broadcast.

Notable Mundane Attributes:
* Hai? Sorry, Yes? Fluent in both Japanese and English.

Handwavium Attributes:
Apparently none, but there's an obscure anime called Android Announcer Maico 2010 and some knowledgable Fen wonder whether she biomodded herself to be more like that show's lead character. Her appearance is similar to that Maico's, but this Maico is known to be human. (There are no records of a "Maico Tange" before 2010, but that means nothing in Fenspace.)
Quirks:
* It's my trademark: Overuses the phrase "Yes, of course."
* Can I get it without the tax? Perpetually struggling to make ends meet, even by the lax standards of Fenspace. (Many of the people she interviews regularly tend to buy her lunch before or after interviews.)

Faction:
None (Neutral).

Preferred Transport:
Whatever she can find room on. Maico can't afford to be picky about passage.

Edit: She's in the Wiki now. I'll add her to the Characters thread, too...
-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012