Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glossary
Addendum to the Blue Blazers
Rugsuckers: A subfaction of the Blue Blazers, the Rugsuckers are gun geeks and military aficionados that work with the Institute. The Rugsuckers are usually divided among the other teams of Blue Blazers, diffusing their inherent love for all things bang and boom among the more civic-minded Blazers. Rugsuckers serve as sergeants-at-arms and drill instructors, keeping order and teaching firearm and weapon skills and safety to their teammates. The Rugsuckers take their name from the novelization of The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the Eighth Dimension, where the team is described as Buckaroo's elite unit of troubleshooters. The Rugsuckers maintain the Armory, a research and development station in an undisclosed location. The leader of the Rugsuckers is Tico (sort for Ticonderoga), BBI #75.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Re: Addendum to the Blue Blazers
Glorious Leader - Expect a submission of an editted glossary document compliant with your clearly stated revolutionary creed by monday evening!
Nyah~,
WGWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Re: addition
Quote:
C'mon, guys. This is getting a little silly. Let's keep the glossary for defining unfamiliar terms & leave the details to the Gazetteer, okay?
Fair enough. I'll transplant the text to a message there for harvesting by whatever interested parties care to.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Re: Addendum to the Blue Blazers
Quote:
The Rugsuckers take their name from the novelization
Ebony, they also appear in the movie, as part of the strike force assembled to storm Yoyodyne. They apparently run a carpet-cleaning service, judging from the signage on their van, hence their name...
Oh, and given the new directive, this passage as a whole would probably be better placed in the Gazetteer. But I'm using the first line, basically, for a glossary entry.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Glossary
Nargle: Wizarding name for unexpected-asteroid-in-an-inconvienient-place, since fallen into common usage. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Added.
I wonder what we could map "crumple-horned snorkack" to.

-- Bob
---------
I think I may have had some crumple-horned snorkack for lunch... Edit: With a side order of crottled greeps.
(Oh, and "Nargle" is now also in the Wiki.)
-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Pulled from the next section of TABB
Extraordinary Events Agency (EEA) - The British equivalent of the TSAB, this agency was created in 2008 and is affiliated with M.I.5. and the European Space Agency. It has a smaller staff than the TSAB, but acts more like a law-enforcement agency (albeit a British one). When working in Europe, it coordinates with Interpol.
-----------
I noticed that the TSAB doesn't actually have an entry in the Glossary. Does anyone want to put one together?Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Re: Pulled from the next section of TABB
Added. It should also go into the Gazeteer, I think.
Also added another term from your story -- Diaspora.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
I noticed that the TSAB doesn't actually have an entry in the Glossary. Does anyone want to put one together?
I put a bare-bones one together for the wiki a few days ago - I'll post that to its own thread for discussion.
Edit: Sorry, that's a draft Gazetteer entry. Here's a draft Glossary entry:

TSAB - Transrationality Scientific Analysis Bureau. NASA division responsible for analyzing 'wavetech.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Added.

-- Bob
---------
Deletion Announcment
References to the "Slapstick Effect" have been redacted from the Glossary on the grounds that it was never actually implemented in the setting, and
the current thread on weaponry designs implicitly assumes that it doesn't exist.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

(New one, ripped from the headlines so to speak.)

Bouchered: SMOF slang for speaking up at the exact wrong moment and getting saddled with a huge undertaking. After SMOF Stephen Boucher, who became head of the Aussiecon 4 bid committee one night at the bar when he said "I'd like to run a Worldcon."
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"