Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RFC: Splitting Fenspace
Re: reply
is there any way we can view all the subnames of a namespace? I'm thinking of implementing a table like the Teletran One wiki, where we can load places By Location, By Faction, or By Name.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
fnord.sandwich.net/fenwik...p?idx=wiki gives you an index of all pages in a namespace. It's not pretty, but it's functional if you know what you're looking for.
I should also point out that Teletraan-1 is a MediaWiki wiki, which means that it runs *very* differently from the DokuWiki backend we're running. What you want to accomplish might not be possible.---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
I think that'll work. It just means a hand-coded table, which I will drop a preview of in the playground for approvals before I push it onto the places page.
tomorrow. I'm going to bed now so I have a chance in hell of actually getting up at 5am tomorrow. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Any reason why it has to be a table? The only table we've got so far is in the Character Listing, and it's a real pain to update properly...
(Speaking of... if I have time today, I'll put a bullet-list version of the Character Listing start page onto the playground for comments.)

Edit: I had time today. I've also added more names to the Character Listing page (including Wave Convoy and The Jason), and posted writeups of the three known Miranda officers.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I'm just trying to duplicate the functionality from Teletraan One's "Top Level, By Series, By Continuity" setup, only more elegant and less.. stupid-looking.
I have nothing useful to contribute to that, at the moment.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979