Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quick note for them that care
Re: quick note for them that care
Oh, Haruhi is a wonderful character - from a writer's point of view.
Haruhi as a person, however... when contemplating actually spending time with her, Weird Al's song One More Minute comes to mind. It isn't an exact match, but it's close enough.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I thought one of our starting assumptions was that the Haruhi franchise was a *lot* less popular in the Fenspace universe, probably to the point where even someone specifically looking for it would have to work hard to find anything about it. Otherwise I'd be surprised if someone hadn't brought it up... oh, about an hour after the announcement for SOS-Con was sent out.
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Quote:
I thought one of our starting assumptions was that the Haruhi franchise was a *lot* less popular in the Fenspace universe,
That was the case at the start -- phrases like "obscure series" and "nowhere near the hit it was in our timeline" were used liberally at the start. And the thread which led to this whole discussion included an in-world posting by someone claiming to be an intelligence agent pointing people at this "hard to find" series, as I recall. (Which reminds me -- I'm still curious which event(s) from the series were confirmed per that letter.)

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
hm
I'd presume the Baseball game, the locked room murder, and the Concert, or at least the "public consumption" versions of them.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: hm
Well, yes, those too - but a global conspiracy is hard to hide completely, so I imagine that they've gotten at least a few whiffs of that, and given what Yuki let slip in the SOSCon thread I'd expect her to be quite willing to provide demonstrations if need be to be taken seriously.
Ja, -n
(wondering if he's the only one wondering where the lighthearted atmosphere he signed on for went)

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."
Re: hm
Quote:
(wondering if he's the only one wondering where the lighthearted atmosphere he signed on for went)
You're not the only one... I need to write something that puts this thing back on track.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.