Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Technical] 'Reverse-engineered' Biomod
[Technical] 'Reverse-engineered' Biomod
This may have been lost in the Haruhi Question folderol...
At some point during the big squabble between the SOS-dan and the SMOFs, it is revealed that a particular biomod has been reverse-engineered by the Boskone/Reavers/what-have-you.
The primary result of the mod is "catgirling." This change itself is purely physical, no mental changes beyond the eventual adaptation to new facts of life. The Boskone have to do it a different way than was done to "Tabitha" Doe, since Captain Corcoran was able to retreive Tabby's Sleep-teacher.
Primary Boskone behavior modification methods are limited to mostly hardtech and Thionite. Sadly, these folks are usually pretty good at hardtech behavior modification in regards to sex slaves.
Again, most fen are ecstatic that the Reavers are too dim to realize just how combat-capable their "toys" are. Most fen who have seen Tom Dobbs in action are glad the boskone s/he deals with don't get back to the bosses to tell them to train the biomodded as grunts. Nothing like meeting a US Marine Corps veteran of the Second Iraq War who can't be disarmed of 10 nasty knives...
If anyone cares, I do have the specifics thought up for the procedure... just let me know...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: [Technical] 'Reverse-engineered' Biomod
post post post post post 'em!Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
The Catgirling process
The Boskone Catgirling process is repeatable because it is similar to the Professor's machine that makes Julian Friez.
That is, it's not really a process, but a device. And what a horrific one it is, too. Fortunately for 90 percent of its victims, the process usually knocks them out. Three computers and various tanks and plumbing supplies surround a tubular plexiglass "fish tank" that is large enough for two people... in the sense that a 'waved plastic skeleton counts as a person.
The victim, often bound hand and foot is placed in the tube with the skeleton. The tube begins filling with a cocktail of specific 'wavium, modulated by the limited AIs of the computers. Over the course of 15 minutes, the victim's original body is converted to modded flesh and biosystems over the skeleton, as well as excess modding goo. Due to *handwaves* the original personality arrives intact in the new nervous system. The few people who remained conscious through the process were easily broken and remolded to the Boskone whim.
As the base skeleton was a fairly typical mass-produced plastic Anatomical model, the resulting catgirls are very similar in appearance, possessing "ideal" proportions.
The original creator of the process was a discredited Supers-faction fen, trying to replicate Wolverine's "adamantium" skeleton. In typical "Supervillain" fashion, he went somewhere isolated, making himself easy prey for some of the early raids.
The main quirk for the system is that instead of ordinary supers-faction ideal models or bodybuilders, it produces catgirls. The claws and strong homeostasis possessed by the Dobbses and other "catgirled" folks are what's left of the "Wolverine" intention. Other quirks include the smell of Labbatt's Blue and back bacon in the air as the tube works, and the requirement for a [Person-specific] carbonated beverage in the new catgirl's diet.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: The Catgirling process
You know, up until the word skeleton that was sounding a bit like the method Andrew uses to get modded into his vulpine form. Fortunately anyone doing a process like that would probably be quickly run out of Senshi territory.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Well, yes, but they aren't in Senshi territory, and therein lies the problem, ne?
Well then, seems to be the answer is simple. Time for the Senshi Revolution! Viva la Peace y Love!
No?
How about a Senshi and Sentai Galactic Police Super Team Up!
Is one exclamation point enough for that? Maybe I should edit it to have two or three. Four? No?
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Alliances?
Next you'll be asking Chris Marsden to found the Dendarii Free Mercenaries (a totally deniable arm of the United States Air Force(tm))......
Actually, that's not an awfully bad idea.....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: Alliances?
Quote:
You know, up until the word skeleton that was sounding a bit like the method Andrew uses to get modded into his vulpine form.
It's a pretty typical arrangement really. If anyone had asked me to describe the device Aya makes in CFX to convert humans to nephilim without the annoying side effects, it'd probably sound a bit like that. It'd also work to describe the *massive spoiler* in Ar Tonelico. '.'
-Morgan, *piku piku*"Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
*cough* Some people may be working on stuff in the background of dealing with that particular aspect of the problem. *cough* But I've no idea who... [Image: wink.gif]
It also occurred to me that some people might consider this process something they'd be willing to go through for a reliable way to change gender... though they'd want something to knock them out beforehand. It certainly sounds safer than today's gender reassignment surgeries...
Might be something to keep in mind, if some other faction manages to get their hands on this after the dust settles.
-Morgan, help reyvateils?"Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Re: [Technical] 'Reverse-engineered' Biomod
Well, the Senshi (if you believe what I wrote) already have a reliable method of gender reassignment, at least for male-to-female patients. The Senshi downplay it a great deal, but its something of an open secret.
------------------
Epsilon