Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] Judgement Call Needed
Re: [OOC] Judgement Call Needed
I've never seen the Haruhi series so I can't comment really on whether it's good or bad, but judging from the descriptions I'm fairly certain i have no interest to go out and see it and I personally wouldn't write anything including it since I couldn't do it with any confidence. All the OGJ parts surrounding SOS Brigade have gone whoosh over my head at superluminal velocity. As for it's impact on Fenspace, it does seem to let the cat out of the bag some to just do the reveal in such a way, and a limited retcon wouldn't be a bad idea if we really do write ourselves into a corner.
Just my thoughts.---------------
-Jon
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
The population density of Wyoming is very low, but that doesn't mean the people there aren't also out to kill you.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Option D: Have some people convinced Haruhi is the real thing (maybe the characters of those who want her to be?) and have some convinced that she is a deluded cosplayer (the ones who don't want her to be Haruhi).
We just need to make sure that everything is written in an ambiguous manner, sure the ones who believe in Haruhi see it as a vindication of gods power, and those who don't think it's just a coincidence.
That said I have yet to read this entire thread, finals and computer trouble do not mix well.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
I'm okay with everything except the Crisis on Infinite Fenspace option. That makes things too complicated. I would prefer the truth about Haruhi to remain ambiguous, if we can keep it so. Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I admit, I barely have any grounds to have a vote... but the only thing I ever saw the Haruhi stuff actually bringing to the setting was a plot-type unifying theme, as introducing the Reaver/Boskone problem to be dealt with. I'm agin their being anything but self-deluded biomods, with nothing like the series power levels. I never would have thought they'd be in the top slots to begin with... I've been inactive in this for months, though, so take my opinions with as much or as little salt as you wishSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
I admit, I barely have any grounds to have a vote...
You're a Fenspace writer. That's grounds enough for me...
Quote:
I never would have thought they'd be in the top slots to begin with...
That decision is one I have no problem with. The way I see Fenspace working, it's easy to imagine the following exchange has happened many, many times:
"There's something wrong here!"
"So?"
"We need to do something about it!'
"Thank you for volunteering."
Since the SOS-dan were the first to go public with the reaver threat, they got the responsibility to do something about it...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012