Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too early for a 'next gen' story?
Is it too early for a 'next gen' story?
As has become typical in early March in the last few years (those who know me well will know why), I'm in a bit of a funk, and not much use for writing
anything remotely upbeat. (Edit: Which means my collabaration with Griever is still just sitting
there - sorry, Griever.) But I've got an idea for a maudlin Fenspace story. Thing is, it's set much later than any story yet told. Not by a year or
two, either - it's about two centuries down the timeline...

I'll probably write it anyway just to get it out of my system. (Heck, I've already got the first line down: "If I'm lucky, this will be my
last transmission."). But "writing" isn't "posting". Would I be stepping on anyone's toes if I posted it once it's done?

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Is it too early for a 'next gen' story?
Well, I'm hip. It's not like we have a continuity that needs to be followed that far out anyway. And hell, if we *do* end up with one and the story contradicts that, we can blame it on Superboy punching time. [Image: wink.gif] ---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Oh definitely please! At this point, I'd happily mortgage an organ for new Fenspace content. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Well, it'll be a few days before I finish writing it - Real Life does get in the way, after all.
I'll be making up a few things that we can ignore or use at our whim; once the story's up, please let me know how badly I goofed while doing that...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Hmm... I wonder if the Grover's Corners will still be around in two centuries, and what it might have evolved into... (This isn't a suggestion, Rob, this is me speculating in such a way as to self-motivate.)
-- Bob
---------
Visit beautiful Boston, proud successor to Seattle as
"City Most Scared Of Its Own Shadow
Grovers Corners, or any other established location, probably won't to show up in the story - I get the feeling most folks would rather avoid maudlin angst anywhere near their corners of this shared-world. But I'm not 100% sure of that yet; outlines change depending on where the Muse leads me, after all...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk