Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...
So...
So, the last post on the Convention thread was over a week ago, and it was a transfer from the Old Thread. It's also not looking like anyone's particularly working on more posts to put there (please do correct me if I'm wrong.) Barring objections, it seems it may be about time for Haruhi to get her speech on. Do I hear a motion?
Re: So...
Had a few more bits and bobs to do pre-speech, but getting those about wrapped up and starting on ye aforementioned speech... of DOOM!
*reads*
*blinks*
Um... KJ... do you *really* want to have the random rabid fangirls using lethal force, and striking to kill?
Well, I sorta figure that, in the worst case, the use of excessive force would turn out like many instances of where people are pissed off and using more force than they would ordinarily. Any successfully landed blow with edged weapons turning into the "everyone stopping, realizing how bad of an idea this was and hauling my mangled body to the medics as fast as possible" thing. That and, really, I'm thinking the use of deadly weapons is more to try to herd me into the reach of people who can get by by just pummeling the hell out of me rather than outright slaying me... similar to how I'm using the blades to convince people not to pummel me.
... not that any of that is any *less* incentive to run away screaming like a little girl.
Just saying...you had a girl trying to behead you. That's all.
Well, I did have a thread going, but I doubt it'll matter whether the action happens pre- or post-speech. More importantly, I'm still having trouble in Real Life that's keeping me from writing my part of this thing at any reasonable rate. Go on without me; I'll catch up later.

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
it's a Ranma trope - if nothing else, I would expect there to be a peacebond/edgebond expectation for the 'Con. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
My writing hasn't caught up to the time frame, but then I'd expect my crew to be too busy in their assumed support roles to get out and about before the speech - only Wave Convoy is likely to even make it to that in person, and I can handle reactions from there. I say go.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows