Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preemptive Strike - Rockhounds, Inc, and Hephaestus
Preemptive Strike - Rockhounds, Inc, and Hephaestus
Just a thought that occured to me. One of the rules is 'play nice', and 'don't break the universe'.
Well, on first blush, it appears that Hephaestus and Rockhounds, Inc. are operating in the same ball park, trying to play the same game, on the same field, at the same time.
This is an incorrect assumption.
As written, Rockhounds, Inc, produces some of the finest in asteroidal living and working habitats, Space Rocks ranging in size from FrigginHuge to Hey, did I calibrate the radar right?
Hephaestus nibbles through the asteroid field, converting smallish asteroids, the size of schools, football stadiums, car dealerships, into processed, pre-waved and unwaved 'stock', and profit.
I'm certain that if Hephaestus runs into a rock big enough and round enough and suitable for Space-Rock-a-forming, Rockhounds is gonna get the call.
That is all.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Re: Preemptive Strike - Rockhounds, Inc, and Hephaestus
Don't forget, Rockhounds Inc aren't the only asteroid miners (although they were the first).
Heck there are probably groups that handle the smaller rocks like Hephestus does (though probably not as efficiently, since they are flying around in their processing station like you are).__________________
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. - George Carlin.
Also, it's worth bearing in mind that "raw metals and organics" is an *awfully* big market, and asteroid mining isn't going to make a particularly big dent in it *regardless*.
By the way... what do you all do with all the gravel?
Re: Preemptive Strike - Rockhounds, Inc, and Hephaestus
you say 'gravel' I say 'inert fill', and stick a price tag on it.
How much you want, and where do you want it delivered?Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979