Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Teaser] A question for the ages

Proving that this one isn't dead yet. This one is actually a rewrite of the last teaser snippet, but I think this one flows much better as a whole. --Mal

Down in the wardroom, the four members of the SOS-dan's “inner circle” sat strapped into their lounge chairs and wondered what the hell was going on.

“It's pretty quiet up there,” Kyon noted. “You think maybe he killed her?”

“Doubtful,” Yuki Nagato said absently, staring out the holographic viewscreen that served as the wardroom's front window. “Killing Haruhi would make more noise. Something else is going on.”

“-Flight deck to wardroom,-” Major Oorebeek's crackled through the ship's intercom. “-What's your status?-”

The four exchanged puzzled looks. “Uh, we're still here Major,” Kyon replied. “Where's Haruhi?”

“-The Supreme Commander,-” Oorebeek said with distinct relish, “-is obeying orders for once.-”

“(That does *not* sound good at all,)” Itsuki Koizumi muttered.

“-Anyway, things are getting heavy right now, so stay strapped in until we give the okay. Oh, and you might not want to look out the window for the next couple of minutes. Flight deck out.-”

“What did she mean about not looking out the window?” Kyon asked, puzzled. Itsuki shrugged and Yuki looked blank (as usual).

The fourth member of the bad, Mikuru Asahina, started to say something, but cut off the first syllable with a startled squeak. Eyes wide, she pointed a shaking arm towards the window.

Outside, Ptichka was surrounded by a corona of fire.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Still haven't forgotten! Here's another teaser. --Mal

The Starfleet rescue shuttles Moore and Gilliam circled high above the plains of Mars, just like they'd done for the previous half hour. “I am telling you there's nothing out here,” complained Lt. Hikaru Kizaki, the pilot of the Moore. “Command wants us looking for a ship in trouble? *What* ship?”

“Oh, c'mon Kizaki,” replied Lt. Max Lovelock, Hikaru's opposite aboard the shuttle Gilliam. “Command isn't in the habit of sending rescue shuttles out on hazing missions. If they say there's somebody in trouble out here, there's got to be something.”

“Yeah, well, my sensors don't see jack. I've got you, and I've got lots of *rocks* sixty thousand feet below us.”

“Such poetry in your soul, Lieutenant,” Max chuckled. “Though I admit I don't see much else either.... hey! I've got a new return!”

“Where at?”

“Heading 357 mark 18. It's *above* us! Big signal, and a fast one too– HOLY SHIT! BREAK BREAK BREAK!” Max yelled the last as he pulled the Gilliam into a tight diving turn away from their search grid.

Aboard the Moore, Hikaru blinked, then followed suit. The two boxy shuttles veered off, as mere seconds later a huge black and white shape riding on even larger wings of fire slammed through the space where the two Starfleet craft had been at a little over Mach 2.

Hikaru stared at the apparition that had come far too close for her liking to running over her shuttle. “Holy *shit* that was close,” she whispered. Then, assuming the professional demeanor expected of Starfleet officers, she brought the Moore around and contacted Utopia. “Moore to Command, we have made visual contact with target and are in pursuit.”

Wings of fire? *Snrt* Shades of MoS anyone? Big Grin

Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

Wings of fire? *Snrt* Shades of MoS anyone? Big Grin

I was thinking Gatchaman, personally, but I'm Old School like that.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Eh, could be, but MoS was a bit more memorable as they made use of that little adventure for an awesome line for the main protagonist later on. Something along
the lines of...

"You don't scare me. I've come down from orbit on wings of fire!"

(the answer is Battle of the Planets. Or is it?)