Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Progress and Plans Thus Far...
My Progress and Plans Thus Far...
Originally I was going to post this on the wiki update page, but it snowballed out of controll. I've got a lot done, but I still have a lot to do.
Since this is a community project, I want to get everyone's opinnions on some stuff, so please comment.

Rejoice! Gina and Jess's Fenwiki Articles are up and linked to the Character Listing!

Still some work to be done yet, though. Gotta fix up all the links to other charcters, places, and what-have-you inside the two articles. I'll take
care of that later unless someone else beats me to the punch. And I need to find some photos to go with all my character pages.

Other things on my to-do list for the Fenwiki:
  • Make articles for Blackbird Class and Peacemaker Class ships.

• Make an article for the base on 36 Atalante, complete with a 'hangar' subsection linking to the ships used there.

Story wise...
  • I need to do something for Jess now.

• Gotta come up with Fenkinders for the crew of the Pegasus.

• Gotta come up with other crews for F-EZig squadrons, Blackbirds, and Peacemakers (after all this ain't just about me anymore).

• Gina gets a body story (Gonna need help with that one since it's going to involve AC).

And I got other stuff in mind, but all that is the more pressing items. As for what I do have in mind...

Well, it's pretty obvious that I'm setting Gina up with Benjamin and eventually the two are gonna want to make it official, cake and all. Expect there
to be one helluva party with pretty much all the SMOF's, BNF's, and then some invited.

Something that I've been thinking about is what direction The Roughriders are going. Initially, Benjamin is going to try and make them into a sort of
mercenary force. However, as thing in Fenspace get bigger and more politically unwieldly, there are going to be factions that declare out-right war on each
other. At that point, the Roughriders should be a large enough faction that Benjamin is able to have them go from being Mercenaries to the Chaotic-Good-Guys
of Fenspace, complete with an iron-clad ethical code as simple and straightforward as the Ten Commandments.

I hope that doesn't step on anyones toes.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering just how long Ben's going to be around to see this through? Well, let's just say that he eventually pays the price
in the line of duty, but Gina in the Midnight make a miracle happen: they damn-near break The Limit getting him back in-system and to the Professor so
he can be downloaded. That's going to be a helluva story. ^_^

A couple Pegasus fenkinder for ya:

Emily "Emmy" Harjo - Age at Pegasus Launch - 12. Has Cheyenne ancestry. Athletic tomboy seriously crushing on Ben.
John Cavett - AAPL - 13. Is fascinated by the catgirling victims' biology in an intellectual sense.
Erica Heath - AAPL - 15 years, 364 days. Ex-Girlfriend of the "nominal adult" who was left behind. Something of a social maven.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Mm.

Jerome Tischman, 13 at launch. Aggressively obnoxious with just enough Aspergers's Syndrome to make people think twice about laying into him for being a
jerk. Is convinced he's a teen genius (he's not, but he does have the occasional intuitive flash that sometimes makes it seem that way) and the first
representative of a more evolved variety of human (he's not that, either, but the fantasy helps him cope with his socialization problems). Has an
incredibly obvious (and somewhat stalkerish) crush on Erica. Has a palmtop on which he keeps an obsessively detailed journal, which he keeps triple-encrypted;
he jealously guards this palmtop, and refuses to have it 'waved for fear it will develop an AI that will blurt out all the secrets he puts in the journal.
Insists on being called "Jerome" and steadfastly ignores any attempt to address him by a nickname or diminuitive.

Despite this, he's a loyal friend once he's convinced you're sincere about your friendship with him, and has gone to heroically self-sacrificing
extremes to help and protect his "boon companions" (as he calls them). He's got a deft hand at machinery (actual physical gear-and-piping
machines, not computers), and more than a little dismissive of anyone who isn't. He's also completely at home in zero-g and microgravity, seemingly
needing no adaptation time at all once the Pegasus reached space, able to transition instantly between gravity and no gravity, and completely unaffected by any
kind of motion sickess.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:Gotta come up with other crews for F-EZig squadrons, Blackbirds, and Peacemakers (after all this ain't just about me anymore).
Bronwyn Ffoulkes, F-EZig pilot and relief mechanic. She's a Fendane with a British private-pilot's licence, and a closet Whovian (ever since they revived the show and started shooting it in her home city, Cardiff). Bronwyn came to Fenspace in mid-2012, aboard the Ad Astra (her parents gave her a package tour for her 20th birthday); she still hasn't used the Stellvia-to-Sydney part of her ticket.

While she was aboard Stellvia, she mentioned to a girl on the staff that she really, really wanted to meet an AI, and could that girl help Bronwyn find one, please? Yayoi smiled, then took Bronwyn to the Bullet Boy Express. (Ben was meeting with Haruhi to arrange delivery of the SR-71 she'd promised him; Gina was waiting in the car just in case they needed to leave in a hurry.) Bronwyn and Gina hit it off, and the rest is history...

One of the first to move in to the Atalante base and one of the first to actually fly an EZig, Bronwyn refuses to accept command of an EZig squadron. She'd much rather not have to worry about all the after-mission reports. Besides, that would take time away from Bronwyn's hobbies: (a) tinkering with her ship's engines, and (b) writing purposefully-cheezy love songs then trying to get bands competing at Eurovision to sing them.

Bronwyn doesn't currently have a boyfriend. She isn't actively looking for one, but wouldn't say "no" to someone who caught her fancy. (One of the Fenkinder once made a pass at her; she turned him down because of the age difference, and he took it personally.)

Vital statistics: 5'3", 110 lbs, ginger-red hair, green eyes, good-looking but not beautiful, fit and athletic, never biomodded. Speaks Welsh and English (with a Cardiff-Welsh accent).
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Ahhh! Thankies very much! All this will help me out quite a bit, but if anyone has any other ideas, don't be afraid to let me know.

I'm going to try and go for themes for the crews of the Peacemakers. For example, as some of you have already seen, one of the birds is going to be called the Tough Love and is crewed by an all Senshi crew. Hmmm... Maybe one of them shall be a 'Tuxedo'?

Gina: *Grumbles* At least he'd give the girls someone -else- to crush on around here.

How about the "Mustn't Run Away" Crewed by Angsty Mecha Pilots? Except... There's a Shinji Ikari lookalike who is upbeat and has a spine....
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

...and a wimpy, cowardly fellow with a British accent named J.D. Cruft.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

And a pilot named Gai Daigoji, who insists on being called "Jiro Yamada"...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

HAH!!! Glad I finally started watching Nadesico. ^_^;;

Angsty... Mmmmmm-no. Benjamin and Gina are going to be personally interveiwing the pilots and, as funas it might be on paper, it wouldn't be much fun to
have a bnunch of angst-riiden teens in a squadron of F-EZigs... But the Shinji-with-a-spine idea has merit. He could be a poor soul that was cosplaying Shinji
in a plugsuit just because he thinks Evangelion is cool and Ikari was the only pilot he could pull off passably. He, like Gina, is disgusted by the characters
themselves and wishes his friend hadn't wave-washed his costume before he put it on. Said friend could be Gai Daigoji look-a-like who insists on being
called Jiro Yamada. Observe:

"Hey, you look like Gai Daigoji."

"My name is not GAI! I am Jiro Yamada!!!"

"oooookay. Lemme guess, you don't like being called Shinji?"

"Well, Shinji is my real name. Just don't call me Ikari-san, please."

"!!"

ETA: Oh, and I've also got a few good ideas for the last three members of the Fenkinder crew of the Pegasus. You guys are gonna love this.

Male, 12 year-old, name TBD. Hawaiian, inteligence biomod leans towards physics and he's an extreme sports fiend (has a hero-worship thing going for
Benjamin and the other Asteroid Racers). Physical biomod is that of a shark-boy. He is trully amphibious and posseses all the traits of a shark and a human.
His attitude is very laid-back and often accuses the others of harshing his mellow.

Female: 8 year-old, named Lilo. Hawaiian, younger sister to the male above. Inteligence biomod give her an uncanny ability to create animated physical
constructs, usually with an AI of some kind. The girl is absolutely frightening in this respect as she mixes raw handwvium into her clay with no side-effects.
During the wave-washing of the Pegasus she created her first bioroid, Stitch, in this manner.

Unknown: 1 Day-old, named Stitch. Looks and acts just like the character from the Walt Disney animated motion picture, Lilo and Stitch. When Lilo
saw the movie it, of course, resonated with her and she strongly desired a companion like Stitch. She got her wish when she made him with her handwaviumized
clay. Stitch is very inteligent in a broad sense, and virtually indestructable. He also posseses incredible physical strength and even some shape-shifting
abilities. While he'd never do anything to really harm anyone, he is an unrepentant practical joker.