Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Draft/RFC] The Myths of Fenspace

*grin* Glad you like it. Anyone else got other conspiracy theories to posit?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Speaking of plopping it into the wiki, Fnord, where's the best place to hang this topic in the wiki's organizational structure?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Top-level on the gazetteer is probably the best place, that's our catch-all area.

One of these days, hopefully not soon, I'm going to break and do something rash and over-the-top with reorganizing the bloody wiki. Hopefully one of you
lot will be there to stop me when it happens.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Quote: Top-level on the gazetteer is probably the best place, that's our catch-all area.
And under the "people/places/things" subheadings I added to the top-level of the Gazetteer in a vain-and-hopeless attempt to instill a semblance of order there, I'd call this a "thing".
Quote:One of these days, hopefully not soon, I'm going to break and do something rash and over-the-top with reorganizing the bloody wiki. Hopefully one of you lot will be there to stop me when it happens.
What, and be forced to do the job myself? Your'e welcome to it...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:The pundits in question then tend to go off on tangents, speculating and vehemently disagreeing on such things as ... whether or not the Navy has established a base somewhere in the solar system (the Benjamin Franklin space station is a common candidate for this, as is Starbase One and the Village Hidden in the Asteroids...)
http://fnord.sandwich.net/fenwiki/doku. ... t#the_norc]Er... um... actually...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

You all realize that as soon as one of these myths is proven true (looking at what Robkelk just posted), all the proponents of the other myths will take it as
proof that their theory(theories) are more likely to be true as well. 8P

Quote:What, and be forced to do the job myself? Your'e welcome to it...

Dude, don't even joke. I am fighting a *constant battle* here to keep from meddling too much and digging too *deep*.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Hmmm. In my estimation, the Stingray's "sister ships" include mainly converted Coast Guard cutters and decommissioned warships. The United States' Military's bean counters are too cautious to allow anything GOOD up into the black, so it's mostly Mavericks and GoldBrickers that have made it up.

That said, I almost think that some "loose cannons" in the Commemerative Air Force [Formerly the Confederate Air Force, they lost their Battle Flags as the "Stars and Bars" became solely a racist thing in public perception...] may have some old Warbirds of their own being prepped...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

*groans* My brain just sat up and went 'Oooh!' at the comment about the Stars and Bars, Foxboy.

We've had Knight Rider. Has anybody done up the General Lee yet, I wonder? Smile If not, anybody want to? I would, but I've got far too much on my plate
already. Including the possible need of a small asteroid and some help from rob in creating one of his versions of an android as a caretaker...More on this
later, in a new thread.

"General Lee" is one of Morden's things, IIRC. He's waved a couple cars, and all of his wind up with the Battle Flag on the roof.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Heh-heh. That's awesome.

Personally, I think that the Stingray's sister ships should be more like The Roughriders' production model Blackbirds and Peacemakers. I figure that it would be a joint venture between The Rockhounds and the USN with TSAB as a go-between.

I myself am sorely tempted to have the Roughriders snap-up Arleigh Burke DDG's once the USN is done with them, which won't be until sometime in the 2030's. That should be later on enough that any misgivings between the Fens and the Danes will be water under the bridge and the US Government would be more than willing to do business with reputable groups like The Rockhounds, The Roughriders, etc...

Quote:Top-level on the gazetteer is probably the best place, that's our catch-all area.
Cool, I'll do that now and let the wiki magic handle any further updating. And yes, Rob, I'll make it a "thing".

Hmm. Has anyone managed Thing from The Addams Family yet? And remember that house/car they had in the very first animated version? ... Mmmmmm. Ideas....
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

A.C.'s inspiration to go into cybernetics was accidentally creating the Thing. He (this was back on Earth) let it run down, not having any idea on
recharging, and disected it.