Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Draft/RFC] The Roughriders Portal Page
[Draft/RFC] The Roughriders Portal Page
Okay, so I figured that I might as well do my own portal page for the wiki, because while I have pretty much only one whole story to my credit, I do have lots of other stuff to link up.  So, have a look at let me know what you think.

====== The Roughriders Portal ======

Out-of-story, the Roughriders is the primary faction of [[wiki:user:blackaeronaut|Benjamin Rhodes].

In-story, the Roughriders is a group of AIs, Sammies, Mecha Pilots, Fighter Jocks, and Engineers that do not know the meaning of fear.  Any one of them is guaranteed to make you crap your pants if they can catch you unawares.

===== Roughriders Pages =====

==== Stories ====

//Season 0 - Early Years//

* [[fictionConfusedeason-0:Gina and The Bullet Boy Express] – Meet Benjamin Rhodes, an enterprising wavetech engineer who’s bored to tears with his life.  He gets a little more than what he bargained for when he waved an old Jetta.

//Season 1 - For Great Justice!//

* [[fictionConfusedeason-1:Convention Thread GO!] – Benjamin gets shanghaied at the SOS-Con, among other fun activites.

* [[fictionConfusedeason-1Tongueort Phobos Invitational] – Benjamin, Gina, Jess, and company kick ass, take names, and generally tear it up at the Invitational.

//Season 2 - The Universe Is Calling//

* Keeping Up With the Joneses – (Currently in Outline) After Benjamin’s mother visits 36 Atalante, she decides its high time the rest of the family got in on the action.  LOOK OUT BEN!

==== Characters ====

//The Prime Movers – Those who make the Roughriders go://

* [[chars:Benjamin Rhodes] – Master and Commander of all Roughriders.  Asteroid racer extraordinair.  Bold visionary and revolutionary.  Flier of the Fifth Flag of Texas.

* [[chars:Regina Langely] – Benjamin's faithful AI partner.  Don't call her Asuka unless you have a death wish.  Not even Benjamin does that.

* [[chars:Jessica Langely] – Rei Ayanami lookalike who can be in one-hundred-one places at any given moment.  Unlike Evangelion's Rei, she is cheerful, well adjusted, and always up for a good time.

//The Family – You Don't Mess With Family://

* [[chars:Katelyn Jones] – Mother of Benjamin and the rest of The Brood.  Elder Neo-Hippy of the Wave, Not Really a Pagan, Chief Gardener, Chief of NASA/Roughriders Operations, Overseer of the Menu, Grand Chocoholic, and Master of Holistic Medicine.

* [[chars:William Jones] – Mundane computer technician turned on to the Wave and making business machines for Fenspace and wave-friendly Mundanes.

* [[chars:Reggy Jones|Reggy 'Radmobile' Jones] – The First of Benjamin's Younger Brothers, aka the Brood.  Metalhead, Mecha-freak, Master of the Megas, Grand Chow Hound, Lord of Sound Systems That Make You Crap Your Pants, and Master of Overkill.

* [[chars:Jimmy Jones] – The Second of the Brood.  Sneaky Bastard No. 1, Stalker in the Night, Wielder of Nimble Fingers, Assistant to the Master of Holistic Medicine.

* [[chars:Robby Jones] – Third of the Brood.  Master Bolt Turner, Fixer of Everything in General, and Follower of the Wielder of the Divine Hammer, Skuld the Ravenhaired.

* [[chars:Carl Jones] – Fourth of the Brood.  Sneaky Bastard No. 2, Stalker in the Shadows, Master of Ancient Ninja Whoop-ass, Field Assistant to the Master of Holistic Medicine.

* [[chars:Mackenzie Jones] – Fifth of the Brood.  Lord of Monsters, Master and Commander of the Monster Rancher Corps, and All Round Cool Kat.

* [[chars:Jeremiah Jones] – Sixth of the Brood.  The Seventh Son born on the Seventh Day of the Seventh Month, Hogwarts Head-Boy, and Master of the General Practice of Magicking.

//The NASA-Fen://

* [[chars:Erica Heath] – Somewhat reluctant leader of the gang.  Social Maven gifted with an eidetic memory.

* [[chars:Jerome Tishmin] – Spark and Second in command.  Can come off as obnoxious and paranoid, but a cool guy otherwise.

* [[chars:John Cavette] – Biochemist and Naga boy at large.

* [[chars:Emily Harjo] – Earth sciences major and a dead ringer for Angela from Gargoyles.

* [[chars:Meka Sibbit] – Physics major whose biomod gave him physical characteristics of a shark.

* [[chars:Lilo Sibbit] – Specializes in handwavium-animated constructs.

* [[chars:Stitch] – Yes, like the blue fuzzball from the movie.  You may now run.

//Other Important People://

* [[chars:Brownwyne Foulkes] – Ace Fezig pilot and one of the few Roughriders to actually have a 'Dane pilot's license.

* [[chars:Sailor Atalante] – Named Senshi assigned to 36 Atalante by Her Royal Highness, Queen Serenity I and leader of the Roughriders' Sammies.

* [[chars:Zephram Cochrane] – The grouchy, yet thoroughly likable, AI that assists with engineering duties on 36 Atalante.

* [[chars:Ruri] – Don't let the bored expression on this Majordomo AI's face fool you, she's really happy to be here.

==== Ships ====

By Class and Order of Construction

//Automobile Types://

* SC //[[ships:Bullet Boy Express] – Benjamin's first major Wave-job and Gina's first 'body'.  It is still used for their asteroid races, even after Operation: Great Justice.

* SC //[[ships:Little White Neon] – Jessica Ayanami's personal vehicle.

* SC //[[ships:Super Beast] – Waved 1980's model Dodge Ram 350 Fifteen Passenger Van, the personal vehicle used by Benjamin's family.  It's a mini-bus with some serious attitude.

//Blackbird Class://

* SS //[[ships:Magnificent Midnight] – The Original Wavetech Blackbird.  She is fast, flighty, and deadly when pissed.

* SS //[[Ships:Blackbird Class|Century Falcon] – The First of the Mass Produced Blackbirds.  The Warsies were miffed at first, until they saw how fast she was.  Carrier for Alpha Wing of Those Daring Young Men in their Jaunty Jalopies.

* SS//[[ships:Blackbird Class|Thunder Road] – Second of the Mass Production series.  Rumors of strange forcefield technology is vastly exaggerated.  Carrier for Bravo Wing of Those Daring Young Men in their Jaunty Jalopies.

* SS//[[ships:Blackbird Class|Black Betty] – Third of the Mass Production series.  Seems to have a thing for Kar Kulture and Betty Boop.  Carrier for Charlie Wing of Those Daring Young Men in their Jaunty Jalopies.

* SS//[[ships:Blackbird Class|Chillin' The Most] – Fourth of the Mass Production series.  Loves Jazz and if you listen carefully you can always hear it playing in her vicinity.  Carrier for Delta Wing of Those Daring Young Men in their Jaunty Jalopies.

* SS//[[ships:Blackbird Class|Kharma Police] – Fifth of the Mass Production series.  She refuses to attack any target unless it deserves it.  Carrier for Echo Wing of Those Daring Young Men in their Jaunty Jalopies.

//Peacemaker Class://

* SS//[[shipsTongueeacemaker Class|Tough Love] – Flown by the Sammies and Captained by Sailor Atalante.

* SS//[[shipsTongueeacemaker Class|GaoGaiGar] – Flown by the GGG Forces and Captained by Shinji Kusenagi.

* SS//[[shipsTongueeacemaker Class|Punisher] – Flown by the Roughriders' Supers contingent and Captained by Malo Fuerte.

* SS//[[shipsTongueeacemaker Class|Hard Rock] – Flown by the United Order of Rockers and Captained by Jack Aerosmith.

==== Gazetteer Pages ====

* The [[gazetteer:factions:The Roughriders] - Faction history and general information.

It's your link page, you can put whatever you want on it. And it looks to me like the links will all work... Go for it!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Yeah, just looking to see if everything on there's gonna look right. I may have flubbed a link or two, but I imagine I can fix that real quick once I get
to working on it on the wiki-site.

ETA: Oh, and if you look carefully you'll see that I've gone ahead and named the rest of my Blackbirds and Piecemakers. ^_^

So you did. I see you also changed the spelling of Brownwyn Ffoulkes', sorry, Brownwyne Foulkes' name. (Which is okay; your team, your characters...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Oh? Knew I shoulda dug up that one as well. Ah well, that can be fixed easily enough.

Considering how many the Roughriders use, you may want to link to the Fezig description as well.

Oh! Thanks for the Catch, Timote! ^_^;;