Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More terms to add to the dictionary
More terms to add to the dictionary
Wave Shots: Take your standard Jello Shot, Add 1 Microchip, and 1 gram of Handwavium. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Note: a Fen can either retrieve the Microchip
for later use, or consume said chip with the Shot. (Not recommended for Nonbiomodded Fen.)

Shotwaving: The process of Handwaving large quantities of identical items.

... How the heck does that work? The Wave Shots, that is. And why for would one consume such a... beverage?

Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

... How the heck does that work? The Wave Shots, that is. And why for would one consume such a... beverage?
On the first hand;

As far as we can tell after the first hour the Quantum-stat of the microchip is in flux until acted upon.

On the second hand;

A lot of fen need a "Dose of the Wave" either to just maintain their Biomod, or to trigger a Special Effect of their Biomod

In The Gripping Hand;

These are Questions involving Handwavium and Humanity that you should Know Not to Ask.

A lot of fen need a "Dose of the Wave" either to just maintain their Biomod,

umm, I don't recall anything like that. Biomods don't revert if you avoid wavium.

Quote:On the first hand;

As far as we can tell after the first hour the Quantum-stat of the microchip is in flux until acted upon.
I wasn't aware that meat-type people could use microchips. And AI-type people have a full set already.

Quote:On the second hand;

A lot of fen need a "Dose of the Wave" either to just maintain their Biomod, or to trigger a Special Effect of their Biomod
I'm not aware of any, and I uploaded approximately half of the "Characters" section of the FenWiki. Some AIs need (or think they need) handwavium for basic maintenance, but Ais don't biomod.

Quote:In The Gripping Hand;

These are Questions involving Handwavium and Humanity that you should Know Not to Ask.
The characters might Know Not to Ask, although even that won't stop The Professor. The authors (a.k.a. the Fenspace Collective) need to know what will or won't work, and why, so that we can write stories in a consistent world.

So ... How the heck does that work?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The Chip is converted into biological "chip". Until it sets up (about 3 days or so) the Chip has the consistency of pudding, and remains edible even
after it the 'Wave is finished.

Some "Biomods" apparently convert the fen into a form of AI.

Look at Wave Convoy as an example.

Wave Convoy... Is exceptional. Nobody is really sure whether or not if he is merely a copy of the man he 'used to be' or if he acutally was that
person. Kinda hard to say which when you have to leave your own corpse behind after experiencing vivid memories of dying.

The more I'm seeing of this idea and the reasoning behind it, the less I'm liking it, I'm afraid.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Then we drop it and ignore it. Mind you, At lest the Idea of a Fen consuming Handwavium to trigger an effect of his/her Biomod is valid.

Um, Tales, I'm no final word. If anyone is, Fnord is. Don't drop it just because something about its current implementation bugs me. There may be a way
to make it work and keep folks happy.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:The Chip is converted into biological "chip". Until it sets up (about 3 days or so) the Chip has the consistency of pudding, and remains edible even after it the 'Wave is finished.
To quote from the 1970s-era Royal Canadian Air Farce, "micro-chips and dip!"

Seems a waste of a perfectly good chip to me, though, so I'm obviously not getting what you're trying to say.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Might be interesting if consuming the jellied chips had the following effects:

1) In androids provides a boost in processing power - quantity and duration of the boost depends on the quantity, quality, and processing power of the chips
used.

2) In biomodded Fen it provides the temporary ability to process raw data in the manner of an AI.

3) Reliably causes high-technology-based biomods, especially when used with technology-oriented handwavium strains.

Some people put gold flakes in their drinks, I an easily see fen do this to their drink.

PS: Oh and hi I'm back. Reading the backlog now.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

We could always say that it was an early attempt to see if Handwavium could repair damaged Microchips.

Then the whole Edibility factor is Just a Quirk of the 'Waving.