Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Roaming Bookstore
The Roaming Bookstore
Liking this subject immensely but not having enough time or skill to seriously try to join, I was wondering if you would mind if I made a free use Character
named Elric that saved up enough cash to by one the larger Treeships and took to stocking it with a small library of various reference books and
expanded to to other novels.. He now wanders the spaceways serving as one of Fenspaces only bookstores with a sideline in Vitamins. so basically be free use
him in any way you want.

Ship Name: SS Archive

Created by Happerry

Registry Number: TSH-184

Base Hull: Treeship

Drive Type: Speed ("Solar Sails")

Owner of Record: Elric

Purpose: Mobile Bookstore

Launched: Sometime

Crew:

* Elric Flairgold (Owner)

Known Vehicle Quirks:

* 'Random Stock' Not all books on the rack have actually been bought, they just shop up randomly on the shelfs.

* 'Sun Trail' When the ship moves it leaves a trail of golden light

* 'Urple Paintjob' The Ships inner paint job is a mix of purple and pink that gives people migraines if they look at it to long, mostly its covered by
the bookshelves and wallpaper though.

* 'Herb Burning' if a handful of mint is burned in the airlock the whole ship smell of mint for about 6 hours.

Known Crew Quirks:

* 'Bookstore Knowledge" - he always knows where any book he is asked for is, if it is on the ship.

* "What Last Name?' - Nobody knows his last name.

*'Networked' the owners brains is hooked up in to the ships systems by a built in radio, some people think that he put his whole brain on to the
computer and is just puppeting his old body. -Happens to be true but not widely known-

Faction: Non-aligned

Home Port: Nomadic, none registered

Current Location: Where ever you want him

Trivia:

*Sometimes has books for sale that nobody has ever written

*Absolutely refuses to sell music cds from the ship.

------*------

He'd be a welcome visitor at Babylon .5 (we've got several avid readers in the crew, including myself *grin*)

And after mid-2014, he'd be welcome at Stellvia as well.

(There's only the one downside to building a Yomiko Readman 'wavebot, and he covers it...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I'm willing to bet she has put my web order site to good use. Think she would be interested in a membership? They get advanced notification of any new
stock. Really though he is here for other people to use. I lack the skills needed to do this verse justice, but wanted to add something to this project so...

------*------

Quote:I lack the skills needed to do this verse justice, but wanted to add something to this project so...
As one of the bigger contributors to the setting, I have absolutely no problem with you using it to build up your writing skills. We won't point and laugh at your stories (unless you want us to). Feel free to give it a try...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Feel free to drop by 36 Atalante. Plenty of ravenous readers there. Ben's one of them, Jess is always reading something, and even Gina loves a good book or
two.