Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on biomodding
Question on biomodding
Has anyone considered the effects of long-term, low-grade exposure? I was considering the fact that, since almost every vehicle and habitat in Fenspace is
treated with 'wavium in some fashion or another, whether or not such exposure might cause subconscious biomodding, of a minor degree, in people. Nothing
extreme, but perhaps a "housecleaning" effect. People who spend a lot of time around 'wavium find themselves less prone to minor health
difficulties (allergies, headaches, etc.). These changes aren't noticeable, or if they are, people attribute them to things like "clean living."
As 'wavium effects, they are dependent on the type of person they are; they have to act "in character" or the mods break down.

Opinions?
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Wouldn't that cause some long-term plot problems because of the "no second biomod" rule?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Statement Retracted.

Manytales, you're assuming that everybody Up is already biomodded. That's simply isn't true.

Off the top of my head: the core Blue Blazers (save for Nezumi) aren't, the folks aboard Grover's Corners aren't, Noah Scott most definitely isn't and (according to his primary writer) never will be, Mal Fnord isn't, a majority of the crew of the Miranda aren't (and some of that crew were selected because they aren't), and ”Mr. Morden” doesn't seem to be. I'm sure there are others.

You're also assuming that everybody Down isn't biomodded. If that was true, why would anybody put a hospital able to tread biomodded people in http://fnord.sandwich.net/fenwiki/doku. ... #australia]Tasmania? (Putting one in Sydney would make sense, since more Fen traffic goes throught there than any other place on Earth. There's no such traffic through Hobart...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

It would be better off to say that there is a Threshold limit for Bio/'Wave effects. This should be based upon the weight of the Biomatter involved, the
type (and State) of Hand-wavium involved. Also Intent is very clearly a Factor here, Intent to "mod" decreases the amount of Time: 'wavium :
Biomass" facto of 10 - 1000 percent, depending on the Focus of the User/Applicator vs the Awareness/Cooperation of the "Victem".

I like the idea that intent plays a part in whether a given amount of 'wavium is enough to biomod somebody. That helps explain why Nezumi was 'modded
by breathing fumes from 'waved paint overnight, while Noah wasn't 'modded while gooping his "angels" for an entire day...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote: robkelk wrote:

I like the idea that intent plays a part in whether a given amount of 'wavium is enough to biomod somebody. That helps explain why Nezumi was 'modded
by breathing fumes from 'waved paint overnight, while Noah wasn't 'modded while gooping his "angels" for an entire day...
The assumption that Nez is the way she is from breathing fumes is Blackstone's. She actually got that way by stirring three heaping teaspoons
of the leftover 'wavium from their work on WW1 into her coffee and then reading the White Wolf Games forums before passing out in the back of the bus.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

TSAB's Bio-tech was trying to make reusable Lab Mice when they broke loose and decided that the Lab-Coat that she was wearing was a good place to hide.

You will probably find that Most of the realy Weird Biomods Happened when when the Affected Fen was trying to do something else....

*Snerts* Which reminds me that I have got to write that story for how a massive guacamole containment failure gets Ben's entire family biomodded.

Quote:You will probably find that Most of the realy Weird Biomods Happened when when the Affected Fen was trying to do something else....
...and his mind wasn't on his work.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.