Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[meta] Question about handwavium.
[meta] Question about handwavium.
Question on handwavium.

Premise: Handwave uplifts stuff

Premise: It's easier to bring out inherent stuff

Conclusion: Can one handwave dead people to uplift them with their previous personalities for an undead form of immortality?

Following from this:

Could one uplift a dead body to sentience with a completely new personality?

Hmm. The undead thing would tend to squick the Cabal, so I'd give a tentative "no."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Unless your looking for an Evil Plot.

On one hand "The Right", and "The Just" would never do such a Thing as Handwave a corpse as an attempt to revive it....

On the other hand If the Corpse is fresh enough You could handwave the individual parts into capatabillity with any body.

On the Gripping hand, I'd say that

1.) Yes. it could be done. (Should be done)

2.) The Latter is more likely than the first. (brain tissue dies really fast)

3.) The Failures would make a "Dawn of the Dead" Fen Happy, until the fen realizes that The Corpses are trying to eat him.

This rates as, right up there with creating Reaver Class Catgirls, a REALLY STUPID thing to do.

If anything, the Handwavium would only affect really affect the living matter left behind. Namely the bacteria that are now multiplying unhcecked by the immune
system. Flesh eating amoebas, anyone?

A body dies in stages as the carcase starves itself on a cellular level. Neural tissue goes first, followed by circulatory and respiratory systems. Then the
Digestive system fails. Muscular decay causes the Bowels and Bladder to release. The last thing to die on a corpse is hair follicles, and the fingernail
cuticle.

So how much you can save with a Handwaving depends on how fresh the corpse is when you get to it.

Concieveably you could reanimate a body by application of Handwavium within 24 hours. Barring other Damage the brain dies of O2 starvation in 6 minutes, so
saving the personality of someone requires a near Immediate 'Waving.

Quote:Conclusion: Can one handwave dead people to uplift them with their previous personalities for an undead form of immortality?

No.

Certain forms of mindless undead *can* be replicated using handwavium on corpses, but you'd honestly have to be pretty warped to want one and their effectiveness is limited at best.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Mm. So Death Eaters might well employ Inferi after all... more reason to wipe them out in OGJ.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.