Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the bunnies keep on hopping...

And in other news, "Play With Me" by Extreme is now the Roughriders official Gold Fish Warning. You can thank Gryphon over at Eyrie and this video at Metacafe.

Of course, being wave-tech, the 'zats lack the whole "second shot kills" thing, much less the "third shot disintegrates". They're pure stunners.

Which can be an amazingly useful thing, especially in hostage situations.

And the P-90 is a carbine, which is a good thing in close-quarters situations. You don't need much range unless you're engaging in open-field battles, which GSS just doesn't.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

How hard do you think it would be to make an effective AP round in a .40 cartridge? I'm thinking high velocity, rocket assisted (like a tracer, but with
punch), and either Teflon-coated tungsten-carbide, or going from broke with depleted uranium? Another option I just thought of is synthetic-diamond
penetrators - ultra-hardness plus ultra-sharpness in a light-weight, safe-to-handle package. Hmmm... HVRASDHP - High Velocity Rocket Assisted Synthetic
Diamond Head Penetrators.
If you want armor-piercing, keep in mind as Fen we have access to cheaper materials; hardened nickel-iron or steel cores in *any* .30 caliber or
over bullet will penetrate up to Threat Level II Kevlar. One of the most frightening things I've ever encountered was someone who filled a 12-gauge 3"
Magnum shell with steel pin bearings and fired it *through* an old engine block from 25 feet.

That's right, not *at*...*through*.

One reason the "escape from the cave" scene in Iron Man bothers me so much; he's wearing maybe 1/4 inch
of cobbled-together armor and is hit with a M2HB in .50 caliber. Even if we postulate real steel armor plate, that one round should have ended the movie right
there, with a big, dished-in dent in his chestplate and/or a lot of broken weld lines. (There's a *reason* the Admiral
Heinlein has a pair of .50's mounted...)

Well, I went kinda overkill on the AP properties because most of the Big Nasties out there among the Fen are packing equipment similar to what everyone else
uses up there. And that's some pretty tough stuff because these are people that are concerned with things like micro-meteoroids.

I must congratulate that person for an ingenious bit of munitions engineering. Our guys in Afghanistan should be packing stuff like that. I know they don't
usually have to deal with armored targets, but it's like what Burt Gummer said in Tremors II: "When you need it, and don't have it, you sing a
whole different tune." Pin Bearing Annihilators has a nice ring to it, don't you agree? It'll make an indispensable addition to the Roughriders
armory.