Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stealable character idea, may be Myths
Stealable character idea, may be Myths
This is for at least the "Myths of Fenspace" page, if anyone wants to actually use them in a story, feel free.
Republic Commando Team Alpha
It started with a small group of real-life soldiers who got their hands on Karen Traviss' "Republic Commando" novels and liked what they read. Some versions of the story paint the group as American soldiers - Rangers, SEALs, Delta Force - others as mercenaries of one stripe or another or even Russian Spetsnaz commandoes. It varies a lot, depending on who tells the story.
In any case, they embraced their newfound fandom, even going so far as to create suits of Commando armor and appropriate accessories, build a prop LAAT/i, and stage little demonstrations for conventions.
Then they went to THAT con.
Today, they make their living as they can. Looting Boskonian storehouses. Rescuing people from slavers. Exfiltrating Fen from the more oppressive areas of Earth. Whatever pays well in the Fennish underground.
If you're in trouble... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire
The A-Team.
(insert pic of black LAAT/i with red stripe...)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

I like this plan, let's do it!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:If you're in trouble... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire

The A-Team.
(insert pic of black LAAT/i with red stripe...)
"You're not gettin' me into that shuttle, Hannibal..."

Of course they're a myth. These people don't really exist. They can't really exist. If they existed, they'd be working at least part-time for Section Nine... which also doesn't exist, by the way.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Hrm... Wonder what kind of Mind-Breakage we can come up with by having a joint Atalante-Senshi/A-Team mission. ^_^

Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

Hrm... Wonder what kind of Mind-Breakage we can come up with by having a joint Atalante-Senshi/A-Team mission. ^_^
A kind that would also involve the Rugsuckers. And explosions. Lots of explosions.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Have a plotbunny, then... emphasis on "bunny".

Earth

Kelly always thought that one of the perks of running the Hotel Stellvia was the vacations; she got to visit exotic locations, see how the locals ran their hotels, and write the trips off as business expenses.

She wasn't thinking this trip was a perk.

She'd visited Colombo this time around, hoping to see the sights as well as the hotel. But a group claiming to be connected to the LTTE had taken her hostage, along with the rest of the tour group she was in. She'd barely had time to call her employer before her satellite phone was confiscated and she was put in a cage to be shown off as "an abomination to nature". The fact that they didn't mention Allah hinted they probably weren't really LTTE, but it didn't really matter who had taken them hostage.

She'd managed to keep her PDA, though... and her captors didn't know it had built-in 'Wave-Fi.

Stellvia

As soon as he lost the connection to Kelly, Noah told his staff to connect him with the closest heavy-reaction squad who were willing to work on Earth. He didn't have the forces he needed to rescue his employee, but that didn't change the fact that Stellvia Takes Care Of Its Own.

Now he was on a conference call.

"... her name is Kelly Harrison. You can't miss her; she biomodded as a bunny-girl. Literally - white fur, long ears, and for all I know maybe a powderpuff tail as well. She uses the same emergency squack frequency that everybody else on Stellvia uses; you can home in on that if she still has her PDA. I want her back here alive and unharmed. Rescuing the other hostages would be nice, too. Don't bother looking for her satellite phone; I sent it a self-destruct code five minutes ago. Do we have a contract?"

This can happen any time after 2009, which is when Kelly joined the staff at the Hotel Stellvia. As for the story itself, you're on your own from here; I have other stories on the go.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012