Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fenny Cars and others
Fenny Cars and others
As is usually the case, I had an idle thought today. There have to be some truely Fen vehicles in Fenspace. Bob's introduced the Knight Riders, Wave Convey
makes Transformers a given, and with Hardsuits out there, there has to be Motoslaves (if not, A.C. WILL be making some). And of course there is the Blue
Blazers Jet Car

I refuse to believe that there is not a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang out there, and SOME Timelord/Pluto-aderent Senshi/UF-Fen has to have a Back To The Future style
DeLorean (sans working Flux Capacitor of course).

Anyone think of any others?

Well, the Grover's Corners crew has http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/02/26/short ... salvage-1/]Salvage I...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:and with Hardsuits out there, there has to be Motoslaves (if not, A.C. WILL be making some).
Well, sort of...

(Even though I haven't finished writing the final chapter of LoGG, those with intellects stable at the first level of stress and an ability to recall both Bob's GGG snippets and the Port Phobos Invitational should be able to predict what's going to appear there.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

There's also World Watch One, the Blue Blazers command vehicle (generally referred to as "The Bus"). My research has come up empty on the type of
bus it is, but it's a two-story tourbus, originally used by some charter company for touring politicians, musicians or some other group of -ians.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Have the Warsies already put out X-Wing fighters yet?

Quote: Have the Warsies already put out X-Wing fighters yet?
What do you think they do their near-constant patrols in?
--
Rob Kelk

I can't believe I didn't think of it for the original post, but the Supers probably have a bunch of 'waved Tumblers they use for patrol. And I
wouldn't be surprised if someone was making Bond-style Aston Martin lookalikes.

Hrm... Honestly can't think of anything else with wheels. (Sorry about the earlier post with X-Wings - when I couldn't think of any cars my mind shifted to winged things.)
Well, on the other hand, there's a few specific things... Like the James Bond car that turns into a submarine, of all things (I don't think that one was an Aston Martin). And then there was the transforming car that Centauri drove/flew in The Last Starfighter.
OH! Here's one I'm surprised we haven't seen. Batmobiles. Plural. There's been dozens of different Batmobiles throughout the ages and different mediums. Which one is the most awesome and/or most useful? It's a matter of personal choice and occupation, I think. If Fenspace!Benjamin were to pick one, it'd be the one from the first Tim Burton Batman movie - stylish, useful, yet not as ostentatious as the ones that followed. Plus it's one of the few that we've seen that wasn't blown to scrap at some point during the movie.
And then there's always Gryphon's Z28i Camaro from Hopelessly Lost (who wouldn't want to drive something like that?) and Zoner's Daytona From Hell (pick your version). If those aren't Fenny Cars, I don't know what is.
If the Trekkies are really hard-up, they can go for the dune-buggy/shuttle combo used in Star Trek: Nemesis.
Warsies, I believe, have had a few wheeled vehicles in their 'verse, but they were mostly along the lines of APCs.
And that's about all I can think of for now. Tootles!

BA, not sure if you caught it but the Tumbler IS the Batmobile from the Batman Begins/Dark Knight movies.

[Image: Cutbacksbatmobilemotiv.jpg]

Cobalt: Nope - never crossed my mind at all. *shruggs*

Timote: BWAAAAA-HA-HAAAAA!

Quote:Well, on the other hand, there's a few specific things... Like the James Bond car that turns into a submarine, of all things (I don't think that one was an Aston Martin).
Are you refering to the Lotus Esprit Turbo from The Spy Who Loved Me, by any chance? I don't think Lotus made Aston Martins, no...
--
Rob Kelk

That one wasn't an Aston Martin, no.

http://www.lotusespritwor...therstuff/Submarine.html

here's another potential Fen-car

[Image: mashups.jpg]