Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Art!] Stellvia... COMPLETE~!

Quote:Besides, the props inspire odd little Azumanga-esque story ideas. Like "how the *hell* did they get that loveseat up there?"
Something to keep in mind if I ever write Noah's origin story...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Welp, I said I'd have the Blade done by Sunday. It's Saturday, and here's the final glamour shot for the wiki:

[Image: epsilonblade.th.jpg]

Obviously I decided to do something different from the usual medium-realism render. Thing is, a picture like *this* needs a proper caption. Who did a uikyo-e painting of the Epsilon Blade? Why? Where is it hanging?

I don't know *any* of this, I'm leaving it to you guys - well, okay, mainly Rob, but the rest of y'all can play if you want - to fill in the details of the painting. Have fun!
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

On the "ascension" of the fennish future First Lady of Japan, Noah was able to go to Tokyo for a meeting with the PM. There was enough hullabaloo
that someone crafted the ukiyo-e for some newsmagazine cover. Think NEWSWEEK or TIME trying to sell magazines with "OMG the Fen are taking over Japan!
WT*BBQ?"
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Actually, the Management Director for the Asahi Shimbun owned quite the collection of ukiyo-e before donating them to Kodomono Kuni (http://www.nagoyatv.com/ukiyoe/gaiyo/in ... n_eng.html]who auctioned them off to Nagoya TV). So... See the spamfic "Chrysanthemum Day", in its own thread. (Edit: or http://fnord.sandwich.net/fenwiki/doku. ... themum_day]here, on the FenWiki.)

As to where the original is hanging, I'm thinking maybe in the owner's cabin of the ship it depicts. Assuming there's room for it.
--
Rob Kelk

While I'm kickin' out the artwork, have a more traditional 7-view of the Blade, showing where everything is:

[Image: epsilonblade7view.th.png]

(Yeah, I know the thumbnail might look black. Guess imageshack doesn't like 8-bit PNG. The image shows up fine if you click on it.)

Oh wow. Love the woodblock print. I also just love how it pays homage to the famous Views of Mt. Fuji series of woodblock prints. Well done, Mal! (^_^)

Artdumping...

In the vein of the Stellvia workstation display comes this little ditty from our Red comrades. Note: This one uses some concepts that I've been kicking around but haven't formalized as an RFC, so there's material of questionable canonicity involved. You Have Been Warned.

[Image: vvsmasterassignmentboar.th.jpg]

Waitaminute... "Tannhauser Gate Monitor"?
--
Rob Kelk

Well, what else would *you* use to monitor Tannhauser Gate? I mean, come *on*...

I think he means that it's a bit early for stargates, given the date on the pic.

Well, yeah. (c'mon, the logic isn't that hard to follow...)

And to be honest this is not the element I expected to draw the most comment.

NICE! Fnord, if I can draw up a rough for the Roughriders Main Consol at Atalante, you think you can make it sparkle?

I can give it a shot, no more no less. Email me a draft & I'll see what I can do. Probably be sometime next week before I have something to show - this
is con weekend for me.

No worries. With the way things are on my end it will probably be two weeks before I have anything for you. (^_^Wink