Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Meta] Galaxy Express 999
[Meta] Galaxy Express 999
I've been looking for public-domain images to put in the FenWiki, and noticed that "Galaxy Express 999.jpg" was still wanted. Who's the bright boy who specified she was originally a Victorian Railways H Class Steam Locomotive? (Apparently, they only ever built the one, and http://www.steamtrainartist.com/image_s ... L1058.html]the only image I can find of it is definitely not in the public domain.)

Does she have to be H Class? There are plenty of photos of Victorian Railways R Class and Victorian Railways G Class trains in the Wikimedia Commons...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I do believe it's something to do with the look of the H Class being more in keeping to the original. That said, your google-fu has failed you! As the wikipedia page has a PD pic, an possible one's here. If not acceptable, perhaps a local forumite might be persuaded to drop by and take a pic.

That's what I get for using Alta Vista image search instead of Google... Thanks!

Edit: It's up. And as long as I was poking around in that part of the FenWiki, I copied the data about Maetel and used it to "stub" her charcater page. (That's one more "Wanted Page" down, http://fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Sp ... 0&offset=0]301 to go... )
--
Rob Kelk

Mm. If we have the Galaxy Express, how long until we have a Hogwarts Express?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

We don't even have a Hogwarts yet... Okay, we do, but nobody's written it up yet.

(There are a few Wizarding-World-related FenWiki articles that are either stubs or nonexistant. Who wants to write them up? For inspiration, http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... ding_World]The Wizarding World is the place to go for information about the faction.)

Maybe the 999 runs special "Hogwarts Express" trips at the beginning and end of school terms?
--
Rob Kelk

Only if it can change its livery to red for those runs... the Potterites wouldn't accept anything less.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.