Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even More Inspirational and Meta Sites

Logan Darklighter posted this to GenChat: http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/cybe ... index.html]The Moonbase Alpha Technical Notebook
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

A little handwavium and a genuine bus? http://www.youtube.com/wa...iRug&feature=rec-rn-5r-2
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

JFerio Wrote:A little handwavium and a genuine bus?
PS 238's school bus, perhaps?
--
Rob Kelk

JFerio Wrote:A little handwavium and a genuine bus? http://www.youtube.com/wa...iRug&feature=rec-rn-5r-2
Geeze.  That thing flies solely by brute force.  Which would probably also be true of its Fenspace equivalent.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

A few more quotes

‘A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”’---Douglas Adams

'Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.'---Douglas Adams.

‘Where does it come from? This quest, this need to solve life's mysteries when the simplest of questions can never be answered. Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we'd be better off not looking at all. Not delving, not yearning. That's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here.’---Mohinder, Heroes, Series 1.

Wow, that definitely looks more like what you'd expect on a Fen 'waved shuttle than a NASA installation: http://thereifixedit.com/...to-space-camp/#more-7472
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

http://www.oddee.com/item_96656.aspx]Ten Alien-Looking Places On Earth
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:http://www.oddee.com/item_96656.aspx]Ten Alien-Looking Places On Earth
Number seven explains a reference I'd never understood before in the Oh My Goddess manga, relating to Mara's fondness for hot springs...
--
Rob Kelk

it old-school... at night
--
Rob Kelk

There are Fen out there who will be happy to strip the radar system's display out of a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panavia_To ... ornado_GR4]Tornado GR4 and install it in their own vehicles just because of the display's name: the Tornado Advanced Radar Display Information System.

(That has to be a backronym ...)
--
Rob Kelk

You guys are going to hate me for this one, but... so I'm reading the Star Trek megathread on Something Awful, and the TNG episode where Data created his android kid came up, and this one kinda flew up and smacked me right in the face:

Quote:Man, how do you even go about picking out your child's genitals for him/her? Do you go by species and ethnicity averages for the, uh, dimensions or try to give them an ideal, hoping that it will help them to become popular and successful in life? Do you give them something very basic in the expectation that when they're older and have developed more of a sense of who and what they want to be, they can make their own modifications if they want to? Do you have to install it by hand or can that be automated? Do you go through old catalogues of Fleshlights and vibrators and stuff to get ideas? Do you make it literally functional in terms of FLUIDS or leave that out? How the hell can you make a decision about pubes for another person?

(Noah: *incomprehensible choking noises*)
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

LMAO
Of course, Data let his daughter go for a stroll around the ship in a 'protoform' so she could settle on what she wanted for a body. Which is a pretty damn fine idea if you ask me. And yet, many Fenspace AIs usually latch onto something that our subconscious minds or our unthinking actions suggest anyhow.
Gina: *Holding up her hand* Living proof, here!
Ben: *Arching an eyebrow* You just had to push this into the metacontinuity?
Gina: *Turning her nose up* I let you have your moments. Let me have mine.  Besides, Mal already let that happen by allowing Noah in here.
Ben: Touche.

Noah: *sighs* Since the RLs have already dragged me into this, I may as well set the record straight. What is this, anyway, a GRIT metathread?
Yayoi: Is this mic on? Oh, good. So, how did you choose?
Noah: I didn't. You're based on one of Ryou Azuki's characters, remember?
Yayoi: How could I forget? Ah, you're saying Azuki-san chose.
Noah: Right. Probably subconsciously.
Yayoi: But if you created an android who wasn't based on someone else's character, how would you choose?
Noah: That's a completely hypothetical "if", and I see no reason to answer it.
Yayoi: Oh. Are you afraid to answer?
Noah: No, I'm just no good at sculpting. Remember, it was A.C. who made your body along with Kohran, Yoriko, and Natsuko's. And Agatha's, too.
Yayoi: And Sora's body.
Noah: Sora's original body, yes. And Vulpine Fury made the other angels' bodies. But it was the wondergoop that made you look completely human.
Yayoi: Are you blaming my anatomy on the handwavium?
Noah: *grins*
Yayoi: *looks cross* You are blaming it on the handwavium!
--
Rob Kelk

Vulpine Fury: *BLUSHES WITH THE POWER OF A THOUSAND SUNS* They just happen, okay? Except for that ONE time... and poor Karen, according to the "mother-in-law."
R. Lime Sorrel: What are we talking about, Dad?
VF: *BLUSHES WITH THE POWER OF TEN THOUSAND SUNS*
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Ummm.... *looks off into the green room, where Jeph and Nene appear to be having a very awkward conversation about something.* I think I'll let them keep that private. For now.
--

A.C.: Oh for Belldandy's sake. *Palms face* Right, whatever.
Lebia: *Smirks* Do go on, this is interesting.
A.C.: *Raises eyebrow, Spock-like* You were the one who designed your body, I just built it.
Andy: And well built it is too.
Lebia: Likewise.
A.C.: *Glowers* If you're going to flirt, do it elsewhere.
Kasumi: Oh my, don't be like that.
Greenpeace: Yeah. C'mon A.C., pleease?
A.C.: Fine. Yayoi, Noah did ask I make you girls as realistic as possible. Which was tricky, given what I had to work with. So... Anatomy books. Lots and LOTS of them. And that was just to get the basic reproductive system analogue sorted. After that, it was all down to the 'wave. Unlike a certain blonde... *Glares*.

Mal: *cackles* Another victory for the Discordian faction of the Soviet Central Committee!

RL-Mal: *also cackles* Confusion to the lizards!
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Ben: *Ginning and shaking his head* Yeah, yeah. All the same, this shit's hilarious.

RL-Ben: I motion that we convert this to a random musing on the SMOF Channel that snowballed out of control. Love to see Buckaroo and the Blue Blazer's input on this mess would be. *Big Grin*

Quote:RL-Ben: I motion that we convert this to a random musing on the SMOF Channel that snowballed out of control. Love to see Buckaroo and the Blue Blazer's input on this mess would be. *Big Grin*
I don't see this as a text chat on SMOF-ML.

I see it as a live panel at Serenity-Con, where some Kobalite asked the "wrong" question.

(Hey, it explains what the SMOF were doing when the Boskonians attacked...)
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:
Quote:blackaeronaut wrote:

RL-Ben: I motion that we convert this to a random musing on the SMOF Channel that snowballed out of control. Love to see Buckaroo and the Blue Blazer's input on this mess would be. *Big Grin*
I don't see this as a text chat on SMOF-ML.
I see it as a live panel at Serenity-Con, where some Kobalite asked the "wrong" question.
(Hey, it explains what the SMOF were doing when the Boskonians attacked...)
oooOOOooooo!  Let's do it!  *Wicked Grin*

[Image: million_dollar_coin.jpg]That's not just a display. That's a real coin. 100 kilos of pure gold, valued at one million canadian dollars.
Legal Tender.
Linkity
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Can't wait to see the vending machine it goes in.
-- Bob
---------

blackaeronaut Wrote:Ben: *Ginning and shaking his head* Yeah, yeah. All the same, this shit's hilarious.

Blackstone: Don't look at me. Nobody tells me anything.

Nezumi: That's because when they do, you cover your ears, and chant, "La la la. I'm not listening! La la la. I'm in my happy place!"

Blackstone: So? Doesn't everyone do that?

Nezumi: No, Blackstone. Only _you._

Blackstone: Oh, good. I'd hate to be a conformist.

Buckaroo: Wrenching the topic back onto track ... I'd have to say that the variables surrounding AI avatar choices are drawn from a wide selection, based on a number of choices made by each AI's "parents" and a collection of environmental influences. These choices affect gender, behavior, and final manifestation, either as a cyberspace spirit or in a physical form, in such fashions as to be as intimately personal and individual as a quest for enlightenment. I could tell you what brought about my own manifestation, but to you it would seem hardly significant. It is only important through my own perspective on the world.

Chaos: Wait ... what?

Buckaroo: AI appearance depends on the AI.

Chaos: Oh. Why are we talking about this again?
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Ben: *Whaps face, dragging palm down and stretching his face downwards* "Sweet Lady Skuld, preserve us..."

Gina: *Using Giant-Enraged-Head Henge* "CHAOS! SHUT UP AND PAY ATTENTION!"

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Can't wait to see the vending machine it goes in.
You don't put that coin into a vending machine... It's obviously double-struck, and thus a collector's item. Get one of the circulation $1,000,000 coins instead.
--
Rob Kelk