Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[META/Image] Hand of Bobb's Stuff

Sorry, I've been away, and busy.  Trying to get some pictures to work, and rendering others that fit up with my "Forum Pervert" title.
If you guys need any more people, here's Kalyn Telana.  I don't think I need to tell you much about her.
[Image: KalynTelanaPadawan01J.jpg]
ETA:  For those of you who want to see what it looks like with just the saber's light:
[Image: KalynTelanaPadawan02j.jpg]

We always need more people... Thanks.

(If I'm lucky, I might actually have a render to post before the end of the year, now that Fisty has made Fuji Hair available to us... but I can't promise that. I'm building the scene around my other commitments, so all that's in it so far is Yayoi, dressed but still needing to put on her Sensible Shoes. No pose, no set, no props, no lights... yet.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Welcome back, Mark... I was starting to wonder if you were okay.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

robkelk Wrote:(If I'm lucky, I might actually have a render to post before the end of the year, now that Fisty has made Fuji Hair available to us... but I can't promise that. I'm building the scene around my other commitments, so all that's in it so far is Yayoi, dressed but still needing to put on her Sensible Shoes. No pose, no set, no props, no lights... yet.)
No longer a work-in-progress... Here's Yayoi!

Edit: removed...
--
Rob Kelk

Uhm... Why is she so... Endowed?

She's got "talent" in the source material...
--
Rob Kelk

its not the talent... but the dress looks like she's wearing one that's two sizes too big.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Rob, check the Ambient setting on her sclera and her iris and see what color they're set to. If it's not 0/0/0 you're likley to get some glow from that. Also, check and turn off you're reflection maps on her sclera and iris.

And, yes, Star Ranger 4 is spot on. That dress is huge on her. It looks like a 12-year old got into her BBW mother's clothes.

Mark Skarr Wrote:Rob, check the Ambient setting on her sclera and her iris and see what color they're set to. If it's not 0/0/0 you're likley to get some glow from that. Also, check and turn off you're reflection maps on her sclera and iris.

And, yes, Star Ranger 4 is spot on. That dress is huge on her. It looks like a 12-year old got into her BBW mother's clothes.
... More like she's trying to use her BBW Mom as a power armor.  :p

Try putting somebody in something that isn't form-fitting, and everyone complains... I'll see what I can do. Later.
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:Try putting somebody in something that isn't form-fitting, and everyone complains... I'll see what I can do. Later.
It looks like it is form-fitting with some "fixed distance" parameter... which make it looks a little bit strange. ^^

HRogge is right. It looks like the dress is being repelled from her (which might be an interesting 'Wave quirk). But, an outfit that isn't form-fitting should still be directly against the skin.

Okay, so Holly in a naked sweater isn't the best example, but, the sweater isn't form-fitting (as she's got a lot of curves), but the sweater still conforms to where it lies on her skin (mostly).
[Image: HollySexySweaterJ.jpg]

Okay, I've fixed the dress - shrunk it by about 3%, then played with the chest and shoulder morphs to remove the resulting poke-through.

I still can't get rid of the eye problem. (It looks like "visible in render" is turned off for the pupils, but I don't know whether that's even possible in Studio 3.) At this rate, I may go with a different set of eyes altogether...

[Image: 600px-Yayoi_Fujisawa.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:Okay, I've fixed the dress - shrunk it by about 3%, then played with the chest and shoulder morphs to remove the resulting poke-through.

I still can't get rid of the eye problem. (It looks like "visible in render" is turned off for the pupils, but I don't know whether that's even possible in Studio 3.) At this rate, I may go with a different set of eyes altogether...

[Image: 600px-Yayoi_Fujisawa.jpg]
You are on the right way with the dress Smile , but something is still off with it.
Look at the end of the arms, it looks like the dress does not touch the arm at all.

Yes. It's supposed to do that.

The dress is fixed. The current problem is in the eyes.

And now I'm going to take a break from it.
--
Rob Kelk

The sclera look fine. Check to make sure that you have Iris mats loaded. It looks like they're missing. Also check to see if they've got an ambient color set to white or anything other than 0/0/0.
ETA:  They may also have a reflection map set, so check that as well.

Iris mats show up in preview. Ambient color is set to 0/0/0.

I'll have to double-check whether there's a reflection map set... tomorrow, after I've had some sleep.
--
Rob Kelk

Here you go, Rob.  I don't have much care about a morality slider for the characters I just hand over to you guys, unless there someone that I already have a strong story for (like Holly and Carmen).

[Image: AsianGirlfinalJ.jpg]

Thanks, Mark!

(For those tuning in late: Mark offered this young lady to us over on the SJGames forums. I accepted, and asked whether he had a preference where on the morality scale she fell.)

So, as the person who came up with the Fenspace character in the first place, I dub this lady... er, this woman Naoko Sato.
--
Rob Kelk

Very nice work Marc, really nice... Smile

I hope to continue my Blender experiments soon, looking forward to some more spaceship graphics.

If you guys want to use her, here's Anastasia Alistair.  She's a young woman with no family, and her basic story would easily convert over:  She was found, wandering dazed and aimless, in more rural area of Massachusettes when she was 6.  She was forcibly exposed to Handwavium before that, but has either had the memories removed or successfull repressed all of the memories from before she was 7, when she woke up from her catatonic state in the hospital.
She wouldn't associate with any, specific, group of the Fen as, well, honestly, she thinks it's all a little silly.  But, if they're willing to fight for their beliefs, that's all that truly matters, so they can be as silly as they want.  But, now she's, technically, one of them, so she'll do her best to play nice and not rock the boat too much.
[Image: Ana04J.jpg]

Here are two more girls.  NPCs for a GURPS BattleTech game.  Their names, at least there are Melanie Pryde and Setsuna Keiko.
[Image: MelanieandKeikoJ.jpg]

I have finally gotten around to uploading Kalyn Telana and Anastasia Alistair to the FenWiki as Open Characters. Kalyn needs a writeup.

As soon as somebody figures out what to do with Melanie and Setsuna, I'll upload them, too...
--
Rob Kelk