Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge: Tell me about this image
Challenge: Tell me about this image
The last time I did this, we turned a FenWiki stub into http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Lalande_21185]a full article about a place we probably otherwise wouldn't have ever written up - so I'm trying it again.

I've just added an image to the page for http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Ross_128]Ross 128, the eighth-closest stellar system to Sol. Other than the dry astronomical data, it's the only content on the page. Here it is as a thumbnail:

[Image: 250px-Ross_128.jpg]

The challenge: Tell me about the image...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

"Ross 128 is a Red Dwarf System approximately 10 light years from Earth. First charted by in 2011, 3 planets were discovered orbiting the star. 2 inner sub-Mercury sized planets, orbiting close to the star, while the third pictured is approximately the size of Neptune, orbiting at approximately 1 AU. There is a surprising amount of metallic dust suspended in the atmosphere of the planet, perhaps evidence of the same impact which formed which formed the planets rings. The dust gives the planet's atmosphere a distinctive and strong red hue.

Due to it's nature as a red planet, orbiting a red star, the world was named 'Lenin'... with the other two planets in system being named 'Marx' and 'Engels'. Lenin has two natural satellites, Stalin and Trotsky. Stalin is somewhat similar to the Jovian moon io, orbiting dangerously close the it's parent world. Stalin is a warm world, heated internally by tital forces with evidence of active volcanism on it's surface. Stalin is a wealthy moon in mineral resources. Trotsky is much cooler, orbiting further from it's parent, and is partially covered with ice, with a few lone mountaintops peeking through. "

Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
Da zdravstvuyet sozdanny volley narodov
Yediny, moguchy Sovetsky Soyuz!

(VVS seal of approval.jpg)
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

I guess we'd best post this to the FenWiki, then... done.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012