Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Meta][RFC] Fen-Dane Relations

robkelk Wrote:
blackaeronaut Wrote:*Double checks the definition of cadre*  Yep, that works.  Although I wonder if anyone would be opposed to the idea of setting up MASH units for the rebels.
Wait... What year was SOS-Con again?  2012?  Yeah, Roughriders don't exist yet.
Ah, right... Replace "Roughriders" with "Ben and Gina" (and "Hacker Underspace" with "a coalition of Fen who would become the core of the Hacker Underspace"), then. Which makes more sense, IMHO - two people can't be everywhere, so there's no question that Fen involvement in the revolution was minimal.

They'd probably have a few Warsies and Browncoats assisting them, both fandoms feature rebels fighting against 'corrupt and tyranical' central governments.  Heck, those assistants might go on to become members of the Roughriders.

Dakota Wrote:
Dartz Wrote:I'm beginning to think I over-write these things. Tongue
Especially considering how much of a big deal Australia and the US are supposed to be. (Speaking of Oz, as a break from Shadowrunning, I've got something on the boil set on Lake Gairdner. Just a quick one)

I'd imagine Isreal's relations are heavily faction dependant.... rather than seeing Fenspace as a whole, they tend to weigh in behind a couple of factions and corporations with a strong Pro-Isreal ethos. Isreal neither confirms nor denies the use of handwavium within it's military, but it's pretty much an open secret that at the very least, the rocket defence systems around Haifa and most border towns are waved. Reports of flying Merkavas however, are treated with mild derision on most forums.
Flying Merkavas, that'd make a good fen myth. I see a waved Merkava as being more mountain goatish in mobility then flying. This could be lending to the flying Merkava myth when people see them in odd places.
The increased resiliance of waved armor would be useful to a tank as well.  Maybe having to recite a hebrew prayer or such to start the engine as a quirk.