Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Meta/Silly] Failed Fen
[Meta/Silly] Failed Fen
Groups who seem like they'd be a fit for Fenspace, but ran into trouble along the way . . .. Like the “Leatherman ‘Wave,” this is just me being silly and giving in to my base impulse when I have a strange idea.
Failed Fen:
The Masters of the Universe: Those grotesque body-mods increased bulk too much to be able to fit through airlock doors. And that guy who did Orko . . . *shudder*.
Futurama/Simpsons: I'll just let this say it all. *shudder*

LMAO Wow. Someone's been having WAY to much fun+time in photoshop.

Flat Earthers. It's difficult to maintain a belief when empirical proof to the contrary is rotating below you.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Ebony Wrote:Flat Earthers. It's difficult to maintain a belief when empirical proof to the contrary is rotating below you.
I dunno, I could see someone trying to create a flat world somewhere, with an orbiting sun... maybe Discworld fen could make it actually work, once they get enough properly-'waved turtles....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECSNorway Wrote:
Ebony Wrote:Flat Earthers. It's difficult to maintain a belief when empirical proof to the contrary is rotating below you.
I dunno, I could see someone trying to create a flat world somewhere, with an orbiting sun... maybe Discworld fen could make it actually work, once they get enough properly-'waved turtles....
They only need one turtle. Elephants, OTOH...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:
ECSNorway Wrote:

They only need one turtle. Elephants, OTOH...
Well, they do need enough turtles to go all the way down.
--
 Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the
 grassy fields towards each other like two freight trains, one having
 left York at 6.36pm travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough
 at 4.19pm at a speed of 35mph.

There would almost certainly people trying to get to space who haven't thought things through and don't have the contacts to get people to cover their weakpoints, people who would be illegal immigrants if they'd headed north instead of up and people with bad luck who don't make it.

Jinx999 Wrote:There would almost certainly people trying to get to space who haven't thought things through and don't have the contacts to get people to cover their weakpoints, people who would be illegal immigrants if they'd headed north instead of up and people with bad luck who don't make it.
I could see this - a barely-converted piece-of-s***, leaking air and fuel, just barely making it to Over The Rainbow before every aboard dies... It would explain why people are living on a space station that was abandoned mid-build, and why the Space Patrol doesn't just move in and clean it up. (Sure, some of them might be Boskonians, but most of them are just suffering from bad luck or poor planning.)

But that moves this out of "silly" and into "plausible"...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

It's probably also a major part of the media attention for the Institute and the Thunderbirds.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."