Faction:         Rhodanites (Pulpers)
Launched:        Late 2018
Purpose:         Reseach Station
Primary Crew:    Zuse (AI)
                 225 crew (mostly scientists)
                 30 Kerbals
Auxiliary Vehicles:
                 4x Orbital Sled
In early 2018 Whistler Services decided that 4183 Cuno was not the best place to work on new projects and products. It was quickly decided that a dedicated Research Station.
The Construction of Reykjavik Station proved to be heaven send and Whistler Dockyard Services gained more experience of building larger space stations.
Whistler Applied Technologies Laboratories was originally designed as a 175m station like Reykjavik Station, but 'Dane contacts within the Max Plank Society noted that they would be interested in renting space on the new station. Being a German registered Corporation and very interested in working with the premier German Scientific Society, the Board of Directors quickly decided to expand the original design to include additional lab space.
Finished in Late 2018, WAT Labs follows the same orbit as 4183 Cuno, but trails it by half a day. 60 percent of the lab space is used by several Institutes of the Max Plank Society, whit 30 percent used by Whistler and the remaining ten percent by various smaller 'Dane research institutes.
Early in 2019 the main computer of WAT Labs developed an AI, which is very interested in computer sciences and named itself Zuse and began to design and then build an open source computer where everything is open source, from the CPU over RAM to the OS.
Known Vehicle Quirks:
* 'Ze German!': If you cannot speak German, you have a problem on WAT Labs as no one is going to understand you, even if everybody speaks English. External Communications are exempt from this quirk.
* 'Rundfunk': Every sound system on the station only plays WDR2, a German music station.
* 'Open Source or nothing!': All computers, even those not connected to Zuse do not boot if they don't have an Open Source OS installed.

"Yeah Zuse, the damned dependency on hardware from Earth is sometimes sickening. Even if you use a free chip design, it still costs a fortune to manufacture them on Earth. Even today, you get the best performance to price ratio by buying proprietary chips from Intel or AMD. I have been working on this problem together with my catgirls for years and we only make slow progress."

- Cortana in an chat conversion with Zuse in 2019.

"True enough, but I do have a full laboratory setup for chip production in one of my labs. Vacuum is the best environment for chip production after all. The rest is just some trying out stuff that I know does work. Besides I just have to make my chips x64 and x86 compatible and work on the internals. The rest is just creating the correct design and release it under the correct license. I already have designed a 286 compatible chip that is currently produces in a small series. I thin ten thousand chips are okay for a test run for the system."

- Zuse in a chat conversation with Cortana in 2019