Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infinities idea - would this step on anyone's toes?
Infinities idea - would this step on anyone's toes?
I'm thinking that maybe it's time for StellviaCorp to get into the business shown in Uchuu no Stellvia - pilot training. This would be an Infinities idea for Season 3, and I've got a base picked out for the school.

But before I do this, does anybody else have any ideas of doing anything in the same direction?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I find it interesting.

IIRC, there's nowhere like it in Fenspace. Maybe a few factional places only.

Nothing going on out at Frigga would be bothered anyway. What training there is available is combat-based..... (Whenever they actually get the full airforce up and running)

I think it would be a good addition to Fenspace, a place where small groups can get enough people trained to get a first batch of knowledge about piloting.

CI might get into the "teaching knowledge skills" (especially language skills) in the 2020s, but nothing which requires lots of reflexes and actions.

In that case, I call "dibs" on this rock for the flight school...
--
Rob Kelk

Are you sure you're going to be able to find it after a while?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Yeah, yeah...

Stub's up!
--
Rob Kelk

Blowing the dust off of this... I just put this into the StellviaCorp timeline, without most of the family names:

8 April 2018: Yayoi Fujisawa holds an invitation-only housewarming party at her new private residence on 3895 Earhart. Natsuko [Aki] attends. Noah, Leda, and Helen [Scott] do not attend; they're busy with "affairs of state" involving the Senshi. Sora [Hasegawa] brings Mal [Fnord] and Teena [Weatheral], who receive a warmer welcome than they expected. Prim [Snowlight] shows off her brand-new body. Kohran [Li] brings Makoto [Miyadera], who charms almost everyone in attendance and raises a few eyebrows.

Keeping in mind this is something for friends of Yayoi, and Yayoi has plenty of friends, who else would like an invitation? We could probably turn this into a story... No "sneak Boskonian attacks," or relationship breakups, or anything else negative. The focus will be on introducing Natsuko, Prim, and especially Makoto to Fenspace "middle-high society."

Jake, Takami, Honami, Shizuka, and Prim are the only StellviaCorp higher-ups other than Yayoi who will be able to make it to the housewarming.

She'll have invited Jeph and Nene from JMC, Blackstone and the other Cavaliers (making it quite clear that they were not expected to play, although any constructive criticism they had about her home studio would be welcome), Cal Calrissian and whoever he's dating that week, The Jason and his family, Ben, Gina, Jess, and Bronwyn from the Roughriders, and a bunch of folks I've no doubt forgotten about... (Serenity I will also have been invited, but she's busy with those "affairs of state".)
--
Rob Kelk