Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC] Koenig Monster
[RFC] Koenig Monster
Spacebattles made me write this!
--------------------
Koenig MonsterBase Hull: Custom Transforming vehicle (shuttle/bipedal robotic vehicle)
Length: 64m (shuttle) / 44m (biped)
Width: 62m (shuttle) / 24m (biped)
Height: 19.6m (shuttle) / 22.5m (biped)
Mass: 264,432 kg
Drive Type: 3x Compact Fusor (powerplant) / 4x atmospheric capable arc fusion reactionless drives
Drive Rating: 0.06c (shuttle) / 45 km/h (biped)
Armament: 4x 155mm railgun
2x triple 250mm rocket launcher (AGM-84 sized arm mount)
2x quad 84mm rocket launcher (Carl Gustav sized arm mount)
1x anti personal flamer (chin mount)
1x anti personal .72 chain gun (chin mount)
Primary Manufacturer:
Mars Base Sara
Owner: Gearheads
Flag of Record:
Fenspace Convention
Launched: April 2nd, 2014
Purpose: Self propelled Artillery Platform
Primary Crew: Gojira (AI)
pilot, gunner, mechanic
4 Exocomps
Operational Status:
active

The
Koenig Monster is the brainchild of a group of Gearhead around a mecha
enthusiast named Barricade. Designed during the height of the Boskone
War this machine was from the ground up intended for combat operations
in an offensive support role as self propelled artillery platform.

However
the design process and some problems with actual support by OGJ caused
the project to be delayed again and again until the Boskone War was over
when the Koenig Monster was officially put into service by the
Gearheads.

With
its impressive armament and bulk of the transformative systems it is
already large at the base, but the slow speed of the actual
transformation and the slow ground speed makes it necessary to carry a
large amount of armor. Said armor is a laminated mix of various battle
proven alloys that were forced in microgravity to get a monocrystalline
structure. In its structure is it similar to ‘dane Cobham armor.

Additionally
the system is from the ground designed to be modular and capable of
being repaired and serviced with ease. There are also 5 slots for larger
additional modules.

The following systems have be added to these slots since 2014:
  1. Deflector Shield System (2015)
  2. Exocomp Service Station with four Star Fleet issue Exocomps (2017)
  3. 1st gen Mass Effect Core (2020)
  4. 1st gen Mass Effect Shield System (2021)
  5. empty
However
during extended testing in May 2014 in a holographic small scale copy
of Tokyo, the Koenig Monsters AI awoke, a high Gamma to low Beta level
AI, modeled after the King of Monsters, Gojira. However he proves to be
rather useful in piloting the Koenig Monster.

Known QuirksKing of Monsters:
The AI is based on Gojira. But as long as it can rampage through a
small scale copy of Tokyo (holographic or real) he is satisfied and
helps the crew along. He also acts more like an oversized guard dog
outside of combat.However, the Koenig Monster is denied permission to
land anywhere near Japan.
Hear me Roar!
As soon as the Koenig Monster transforms from shuttle to bipedal mode,
it will let go of a typical Gojira roar on all available digital, AM and
FM channel. And without working radio the Koenig Monster will not
transform at all.
No! Mine! The
Koenig Monster will not move unless all Exocomps are on board. Or the
fuzzy dice are hanging in the cockpit window. Or the plush toys secured
in their berths along the back of the cockpit...

Trivia
  • The
    first larger scale public outing of the Koenig Monster was during
    Alphacon, where the Gearheads offered joyrides/joyrampages for everyone
    in a holographic mini-Tokyo.
  • Since
    2016 there is an anual Rampage through a model city that is build near
    Mars Vegas. It even includes ‘defense vehicles' build by various fen.
  • The Koenig Monster is capable of generating its own Seibertron strain of handwavium.

Warringer Wrote:Since 2016 there is an anual Rampage through a model city that is build near Mars Vegas. It even includes ‘defense vehicles’ build by various fen.
Kohran Li has built a defense vehicle for this every year - none of the vehicles have yet managed to survive the Rampage, although most observers believe the 2019 vehicle (a heavy missile crawler based on the unit from OGRE) would have won if the Koenig Monster hadn't walked around a corner and stepped on it.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:
Warringer Wrote:Since 2016 there is an anual Rampage through a model city that is build near Mars Vegas. It even includes ‘defense vehicles’ build by various fen.

Kohran Li has built a defense vehicle for this every year - none of the vehicles have yet managed to survive the Rampage, although most observers believe the 2019 vehicle (a heavy missile crawler based on the unit from OGRE) would have won if the Koenig Monster hadn't walked around a corner and stepped on it.
Chris Marsden's contributions, on the other hand, have been less than successful. A gravitic micro-implosion generator managed to immobilize the Koenig Monster for several minutes in 2020, but was ruled as disqualified because it caused more collateral damage than the Koenig had done so far.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Great...

Now I imagine the annual rampage being streamed over the web. And being hosted by Nick Diamond and Jonny Gomez...

On a sidenote ot would allow to develop urban anti-mech tactics.

Oh man! I shoulda moved on this one sooner, but I didn't, and it's now rightfully yours. (I think I actually talked to Dartz about the idea of putting Mel into one of those some day as it'd be a perfect fit for her. Not sure.)

Anyhow, you don't think the Gearheads would mind a small production run of these licensed to BAT? Being a BAT production run they'll probably be a bit faster... though the AI's will be suitably quirky. Probably something like the unit commanders for these Monsters: http://www.eyrie-producti...=9&forum=DCForumID24

Okay. That's way cooler than the Strike Freedom I had suggested for that story.

These should be the production Fen mech. Expensive and tough to build.... but cool nonetheless. It beats the MZ105X in the semi-finals of the Hellas trials by virtue of massive full-burst bullet spam, while the 105 only has a single railcannon and maneuverability on it's side.

Warringer Wrote:No! Mine!
The Koenig Monster will not move unless all Exocomps are on board. Or the fuzzy dice are hanging in the cockpit window. Or the plush toys secured in their berths along the back of the cockpit...

*snicker* why do I just saw some a "adventure journeys" travel agency sign somewhere at Jenga... adventure travels for Exocomps... keep the HUGE mech in good shape... see the galaxy, watch stuff being stomped!

Dartz Wrote:Okay. That's way cooler than the Strike Freedom I had suggested for that story.

These should be the production Fen mech. Expensive and tough to build.... but cool nonetheless. It beats the MZ105X in the semi-finals of the Hellas trials by virtue of massive full-burst bullet spam, while the 105 only has a single railcannon and maneuverability on it's side.

If the Koenig Monster become the "Fen production mech", there should maybe be a variant that replace the smaller rockets with rail-/coilguns... a production mech with "missile only" sounds counterproductive in the long run. But CI would glad to deliver the Mass Effect drive/shield for it... (the old 1st generation drive from 2015 can only protect a sphere of 1 meter diameter Wink ).

Sorry, Dartz, BA, but the thought just wouldn't leave me and I had more then eight hours time during work.

And I'm pretty sure that the Greaheads would not mind a small production run of the KM. And I mean small as the armor alone costs as much as everything else combined. And that thing got about 100 tons worth of armor. :p

Dartz, what is cooler then a BIG stompy mech that can pretty much annihilate an enemy with an Alpha Strike?
Another random bit of Trivia:
The Koenig Monster made an aerial tour over Japan in Mid November 2014, just after the Japanese Government denies any landing permissions to it on a permanent basis. The Japan Aerial Tour then became an annual event, as the Koenig Monster returned the next year. In 2016 it was joined by a flight of Valkyries, 2017 by the Galaxy Express 999 and in the following years by more Japanese based space craft. Among otaku in Japan the day of the Japan Aerial Tour is now known as Otaku Day.

There is one thing known that could possibly stop the Monster in its tracks.
It's never been tested, because it's hard to obtain; it's cranky these days, and comfortable living on Earth; no one has yet offered to give him a ride to space.
That's right...
Walter Koenig. Smile

Duane Peters Wrote:There is one thing known that could possibly stop the Monster in its tracks.
It's never been tested, because it's hard to obtain; it's cranky these days, and comfortable living on Earth; no one has yet offered to give him a ride to space.
That's right...
Walter Koenig. Smile
Or it could gain entirely new levels of bad-assery if Walter Koenig were convinced to pilot it. ^.^;
"Yo dawg! I heard you like Koenigs, so I put a Koenig in your Koenig!"

-Logan
--------------------
The Koenig rises from the sea...
--------------------

Duane Peters Wrote:There is one thing known that could possibly stop the Monster in its tracks.
That's right...
Walter Koenig. Smile
read down the form, check-off "can be bestered"...

(What?)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012