Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Story][Season 0] In The Bluff

HRogge Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:Not that way, no... but use a bio-processor instead of a silicon processor and it becomes quite possible. There's even precedent for it.
Yeah... but there would be still lots of (detectable) Handwavium involved. ^^
Unless this is one of the quirks/handwavium abilities... they can trick any scanner or 'wave detector into false negatives: To detect the handwavium you would have to actually cut then open and look for it...

robkelk Wrote:
Ace Dreamer Wrote:The Angels appear to he human to all medical tests.  Flesh and blood brains.  No detectable processors.  Not even biomodded.
HRogge Wrote:Is this even possible in Fenspace? Bio-AIs with processors in "pocket dimensions" without any handwavium involved a detector could smell?
Not that way, no... but use a bio-processor instead of a silicon processor and it becomes quite possible. There's even precedent for it.

(Speaking of which, I wonder what would happen if Arthur ever met Kurumi Asahina...)
Firefox+AVG just ate all my text...
But, yes, no handwavium, and, any processor, inorganic or organic, implemented however, is well hidden.
Arthur would probably be polite to her.  They might have some interesting tech discussions.  And maybe discuss AI rights.
P.S. Local physics supports pocket dimensions, for Skuld's work, anyway...
Handwavium (currently) doesn't.
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind

HRogge Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:Not that way, no... but use a bio-processor instead of a silicon processor and it becomes quite possible. There's even precedent for it.
Yeah... but there would be still lots of (detectable) Handwavium involved. ^^
Not if you do things just right.  The handwavium does its work, and in the process converts itself into any required structures or consumes itself.  The "Top Gear" use a bucket isn't the 'cleanest' of processes. [grin]
--

Rakhasa Wrote:
Ace Dreamer Wrote:She wouldn't really stab you.  Not unless she was sure you were a real-life, not a cosplaying, vampire, that is. [grin]
The Angels appear to he human to all medical tests.  Flesh and blood brains.  No detectable processors.  Not even biomodded.
Which, is a bit funny because Sarah has abilities difficult explain without a biomod...
Technically, the Angels are AIs.  Their processors might be around somewhere, even if not in 4D space-time.  The only one showing any evidence of this is Sarah, when she goes Terminator on things.  And, she is, honest, just channelling Sarah Conner. [grin]
That was sort of my point. They are AI... but they do not act, think, or even use their Ai parts; for all intents and purposes, they are intelligent humans. So all that extra computing power... does it just stand idle?

P.D: Ace, Oscar Vykos is a real-life vampire, or at least the closest thing you can get with a biomod.
Which is interesting for you, given the last fic you posted... because Oscar got this biomod by accidentally mixing a papercut's blood and handwavium...  
Interesting they don't (generally) show signs of have super human speed of thinking...
Yes, I remembered Oscar's vampireness. [grin]
I remembered blood being involved, but not the exact logic - I'm (currently) claiming Arthur dodged the biomod bullet, this time.
--

Ace Dreamer Wrote:Yes, I remembered Oscar's vampireness. [grin]
I remembered blood being involved, but not the exact logic - I'm (currently) claiming Arthur dodged the biomod bullet, this time.
Well, it would not be Arthur the one blood modded, it's the AI he created with that blood...
And for the process, I exagerated for dramatic purposes: In one of his first experiments in solving solid wavium in water, he had a papercut, and noticed that it solved a lot faster, so he began to use his blood on purpose to speed the proces. Anyone who knows about handwavium (wich Oscar was not, then) would know than this would not end well... So a few days later, there is the inevitable accident, and he would wake up without a pulse.

You might choose to believe that the blood helped the handwavium dissolve not just the information off the personal notes and recordings that Arthur put in it, but also some essence of Arthur's character...

It might be unclear whether some of those records being unique, without copies elsewhere, could be relevant...

"Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Fun_Ball

Does that sound like handwavium, to you? [grin]
--