Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
META: FTL fast transit of Fenspace

robkelk Wrote:I believe it was Bob who came up with this idea:

Quote:Handwavium can make an inert collection of wires and metal talk and move around of its own free will; look at all the fembots out there for proof. Imagine what it could do with - or to - a once-living body. Ritual works very well with handwavium, and zombies are (in fantasy fiction, anyway) often created by rituals. For a more technobabble justification, consider something similar to the Solanum virus from The Zombie Survival Guide. Either way, all one needs is one wack hougan with a supply of biomod guacamole, and the whole thing just gets weird...
I don't think that was me, Rob.  I know nothing about The Zombie Survival Guide.  I'm squeamish enough that I stay completely away from anything zombie.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

"Zombie apocalypse" is Dystopia.

Fenspace is a No Dystopias Allowed zone.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Dyptopias: something it might be occasionally 'fun' to watch, but not something you want in a universe where you, or anyone or anything you value, have to live. Best watched from a universe or two away, maybe like a "Disaster Area" tour...

Would evil super-scientists building their own tank-cloned race of (living, alien) followers somewhere beyond the Solar System be too dystopian for Fenspace?

I was thinking something like the Mekon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mekon

I'm wondering about Fenspace 'big bads'...
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind

Rakhasa Wrote:P.D. Wait, "whose magery"? Do you mean Noah acuatlly has learned some tricks form the Catalog, not only kept it hidden for security reasons, or lack of Manasphere or something????
See the first post in http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/topic/8659]this thread.

(tl;dr: Noah hates the idea of being a mage, and when his Gift awoke, he got rid of most of it. If he is a mage, that is.)

Bob Schroeck Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:I believe it was Bob who came up with %[link=http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Adventures#It.27s_ALIVE.21.21.21]this idea]:
Quote:Handwavium can make an inert collection of wires and metal talk and move around of its own free will; look at all the fembots out there for proof. Imagine what it could do with - or to - a once-living body. Ritual works very well with handwavium, and zombies are (in fantasy fiction, anyway) often created by rituals. For a more technobabble justification, consider something similar to the Solanum virus from The Zombie Survival Guide. Either way, all one needs is one wack hougan with a supply of biomod guacamole, and the whole thing just gets weird...
I don't think that was me, Rob.  I know nothing about The Zombie Survival Guide.  I'm squeamish enough that I stay completely away from anything zombie.

I sit corrected...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012