Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shinji and Good Friends
Shinji and Good Friends
The followup to Shinji Ikari Raising project.....

Scene Courtesy of Cobalt Greywalker. Technically a little later in the story.... until I get a handle on what I have left.

I lost a scene with Anika and Nene discussing what it meant to be a 'brothe/sister', one between Ford and Shinji discussing fenconomics and Shinji asking her if there might be another reason for people to be nice to him. And the phrase 'Klatchian Coffee Liquer'

Quote:As he woke up, Shinji found it a bit odd how human it actually felt. As he sat up on the examination bed in the lab, he found that underneath the medical gown he was wearing (and idly wondering why if Prometheus Forge was so high-tech they hadn’t come up with something that didn’t leave the back exposed) his body was acting far too human-like for comfort.

Thus it was right at this time when A.C. walked in.

“Good morning Shinji.” A.C. smiled at the android, a twinkle in her emerald eyes the only hint that she was quite aware of the issue the young man was having.

Shinji nodded, trying to take his eyes off the beautiful woman. This was harder than when he’d first arrived, as she wasn’t wearing the figure-hugging (no, don’t think of that) catsuit but a long black dress showing her full cleavage (pink elephants, don’t think of pink-ACK!) and her long, long legs through the near waist height slits of both sides (is she even…NO!) as she swayed in.

Shinji swallowed as she turned to one of the side benches, and swallowed again when it became obvious the dress had no back right down to the top of her (she’s not…DON’T) behind, showing (Oh kami…) the pale tops of each (Pythagoras’ Theorem is a squared plus bu-ARGH) buttock.

A.C. walked back towards Shinji carrying one of the scanners he’d seen about, and to the young man it seemed she was stalking him like a cat that knew its prey wasn’t getting away.

“Don’t worry Shinji.” The raven-haired cyborg told him. “I didn’t have my wicked way with you while asleep.” She smiled, and Shinji had to fight another swallow. “After all,” the cyberneticist’s voice took on a husky purr as she leaned over, “it isn’t any fun if both sides aren’t enjoying it.”

Shinji wanted the ground to swallow him up out of shear embarrassment and arousal. Then his eyes widened in realisation, and A.C.’s smile went from sultry to mischievous as she winked at him.

“Like I said,” her voice tinged with some humour as she stood up straight, “it isn’t any fun if both sides aren’t enjoying it.” She manipulated the scanner device, warbles and beeps emanating from it. “Everything looks good. Your clothes are behind the curtain.” She nodded to the side, where the curtained off area looked unchanged to before. “Unless you would like a hand? I might have to perform a more…thorough…examination.”

Shinji could feel the flush this time, and the lack of slowdown he was expecting. The second mischievous wink made him blurt out what he was thinking.

“Will you show me the differences?”

A.C.’s smile widened as her gaze turned a bit more frank in its appraisal.

“I may get a bit carried away and go into intimate detail.”

It was the way the cyborg said the word ‘intimate’ that pushed Shinji’s courage past the limit, and he dashed behind the curtain like he was setting the 100 metre sprint record.

“Aw…” A.C. wined playfully. “I didn’t get to enjoy that cute tush of yours.”

From behind the curtain came a sound much like the squeak of a small furry animal that knows that it is doomed.

“So,” A.C. stated in a much more normal tone of voice, “we’ve proved that the overheating issue is fixed, and stress tested it in hopefully a more enjoyable fashion than sticking you in one of the greenhouses or a steam room. You’ve gotten some experience in dealing with embarrassment and arousal now you won’t pass out, and believe me Shinji Ikari there are plenty of ladies out there who want to be the one to make you a man.”

The rustling behind the curtain stopped suddenly.

“A nice, somewhat shy young man with a cute butt? For Serenity’s sake, half the unattached Venus and Jupiter adherents will want to chase you. And let’s not mention how many women want to give you a hug. And more.” A.C.’s tone turned softer. “You’re still finding yourself Shinji, and one of the things you’ll have to deal with is people knowing your template’s, your, history and making assumptions.” The cyberdoc’s voice turned amused. “Flirting back like you did earlier will probably throw them a bit however.”

There were a few moments of silence before the sounds of movement resumed behind the curtains.

[NOTE: The dress A.C. is wearing is the same one Attim wears in the hospital in volume 4 of the manga.]

"Shinji, don't worry about it. AC is -always- droolworthy. My -wife- drools over her. It just proves you're human."

"But I'm - "

"You're as human as you think you are."
--

Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Benjamin would be caught somewhere between ROFLCOPTER and apologetic.

"Oh goddess, Jet... You let AC at him!? I'd better call Ruri over. Our little lady of cynicism and dry wit might be just the antidote he'll need after that."

Yayoi's take: "Oh, dear. I know she's probably the best person to solve Shinji's problem, but Mom can be overwhelming when you aren't ready for her. Or even when you are. I don't know how Noah keeps control around her."
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

"With many eyes, all bugs are shallow. "

One thing Jet does want to avoid is getting Shinji through his neuroses, only for some critical component to take a dive off the bathtub of failure, or for a solder joint to work lose, and Shinji to go Lal on everyone. And have Flint's deliberate misfeature fixed.

And dessicated cynicism for everyone! After all, no matter how dry and cynical you may be, the world always finds ways to prove you're all wet and optimistic....

EDIT: Forgot I posted all that... All jokes about being strapped to a workbench aside.... Not that I find that exciting, not at all. Ahem....

In case you want to add it in somewhere, some people are probably sending Shinji 'birthday/welcome gifts.' Might be good for some chuckles.

In NERV and SEELE's case, it's a Heartland produced Inflatable Gendo Punching Bag and/or a small amount of the Gendo targets the STARS use on the firing range.
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein

Just for everyone's information, I've moved the original thread into the fiction subforum so it won't get lost in the usual traffic.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.