Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspirational and Meta Sites Redux

[Image: xWIixIa.jpg]

"I am nobody's verdammt waifu!"

If I might point it out, how crazy do you think the Sequel Trilogy would be in Fenspace? You know, since you could have an actual Falcon doing the stunts, and actual lightsabers.

Well I doubt Lucas would have sold the rights to Disney to begin with. Production would be dirt cheap because the Warsies would practically be falling over each other to volunteer.

Hell I could see the advertisement now. Welcome to Lucas Studios New Bespin, where the force is with you.

We need that. Yesterday.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Rajvik Wrote:Well I doubt Lucas would have sold the rights to Disney to begin with. Production would be dirt cheap because the Warsies would practically be falling over each other to volunteer.

Hell I could see the advertisement now. Welcome to Lucas Studios New Bespin, where the force is with you.

Not really. Lucas did seem to have sold for more reasons than just money. He was pretty depressed that fans didn't like the PT, for instance, and got better after selling.

More importantly, while the fen could offer a bunch of new opportunities, they'd still wrack up a heck of a budget. Teaching Hamill to fly, designing all the props, the expense of ordering custom craft, princple photography issues with trying to film dogfights in space, filming locations, paying to develop the puppets for some of the creatures, trying to figure out how to film star destroyer sized capital ships, the expense of trying to film outside the system if they went for that, stuff like the crashed ISD and SSD (the latter would have to be CGI due to the insanity of that shot).

It'd have a more authentic feel, but it might be even more expensive, might be marginally cheaper, might be that the fen have to sulk after yelling at the studios that they could totally do that stunt physically.

Oh, and the Boskone War, can't forget that that would have warped filming concerns.

Uh, am I the only one having visions of the boskies being in the middle of a raid and a SSD jumping in

Rajvik Wrote:Uh, am I the only one having visions of the boskies being in the middle of a raid and a SSD jumping in
Just saying... even an ISD is a magnitude bigger than even Grovers Corners. Like 'oh hey, most space docks are smaller than this' big. An SSD? Pretty sure even Utopita Planita Shipyards/ Starbase 1 isn't that big.  Mind-boggling, pants-wetting BIG. 'Manhatten Island, IN SPAAAAAACE!' big.

Quote: Mind-boggling, pants-wetting BIG.

That right there is my point

Quote:Threepony wrote:
Quote:Rajvik wrote:
Uh, am I the only one having visions of the boskies being in the middle of a raid and a SSD jumping in
Just saying... even an ISD is a magnitude bigger than even Grovers Corners. Like 'oh hey, most space docks are smaller than this' big. An SSD? Pretty sure even Utopita Planita Shipyards/ Starbase 1 isn't that big.  Mind-boggling, pants-wetting BIG. 'Manhatten Island, IN SPAAAAAACE!' big.
"Are they gone?"
"Yep"
"Deactivate the magnification lensing system."
the 'SSD' shrinks into a much, much smaller SSD piloted model.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

space.com: Space Station Could Get Laser Cannon to Destroy Orbital Debris
Quote:Once EUSO detects incoming space junk, the researchers suggest, a Coherent Amplification Network (CAN) laser can then blast the debris. The CAN laser consists of many small lasers working together to generate a single powerful beam.
Heh. Warsies.

The article appears to have neglected to mention how this thing would be powered... but with a sufficient number of 'wavium solids, charging the monster battery that they do mention isn't an issue in Fenspace.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

DEEP IN Directed Energy Propulsion for Interstellar Exploration
http://nextbigfuture.com/2015/05/deep-i ... n-for.html

An old 70s-80s Soviet proposal for a Venus colony. Look familiar?
[Image: Nfbm9nI.jpg]
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Man, the EM drive is looking more and more real. A bunch of people have started trying for themselves and are getting repeated results similar to NASA's, with proof of controlled thrust as well.

Not much, but here's to hoping it's real. A pity it'd be harder to prove in fenspace, since you'd have so many accusations that it's just handwavium playing tricks.

Oh, the microwave resonance drive! Yeah, I have difficulty believing it myself, so I'm glad the results are getting repeated. I have a Flash-blocking Firefox extension that prevents Flash objects from loading until I click on their boxes, so when you said "EM drive", I thought somebody was trying to build a laser or something so ludicrously powerful that one could exploit mass-energy equivalency and use it as a reaction thruster.

Proginoskes Wrote:Oh, the microwave resonance drive! Yeah, I have difficulty believing it myself, so I'm glad the results are getting repeated. I have a Flash-blocking Firefox extension that prevents Flash objects from loading until I click on their boxes, so when you said "EM drive", I thought somebody was trying to build a laser or something so ludicrously powerful that one could exploit mass-energy equivalency and use it as a reaction thruster.
Even if it would be a "photon drive equivalent", it would be useless... you would need 900 MW energy input for a Newton of thrust.

The EM drive does not only break Conservation of Momentum, it might also break a couple of other basic physical laws we "know".

I am still very skeptical about it.

One for The Jason:

WOODEN computer chips reveal humanity's cyber elf future
--
Rob Kelk

Here's a free eBook: Rockets and People. Boris Chertok's memoirs have been translated into English by NASA.

What? "Who is Boris Chertok?" He designed spacecraft for Sergey Korolev. If you're itching to learn more about the history of the Soviet space program, here's where to scratch that itch.

Download the memoirs in four parts:
http://www.nasa.gov/connect/ebooks/rock ... etail.html
--
Rob Kelk

Lun has a Sister. Built without the ability to carry missiles, but more internal spaces.

Who might operate Spasya, and why?

Or her cousin, Orlyonok.... only slightly larger than a Space-Shuttle. A research craft, carried on the back of a Gagarin?

Well, something to think about before restarting the martian core:

At least three supervolcanoes, possibly many more, most of them larger than Earth counterparts.

http://daniepstein.com/daniepstein/a-je ... unchbreak/

Thought this might be a fun little thing to see in Fenspace...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

The Ruins of the Soviet Space Shuttles
http://imgur.com/gallery/b70VK

The Sailors Armed Militia, as envisioned by an Earthsider:

[Image: sailor_moon_part_7_by_foxi_5.jpg]

The ponies, as invisioned in fenspace:

[Image: talos_the_bionica_by_legacy350-d88z8n7.png]

http://legacy350.deviantart.com/art/Tal ... -498810499

You put these up and I ask, how are these bad things.

--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor