Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backstory : Shegomania
Backstory : Shegomania
VanBlume
Currently Van Loan/Dr. Drakken & Wandblume/Shego are nominal, dues-paying members of Crystal Millennium owing to the funny fact that Disney tropes match up enough with their wilder Japanese counterparts to make them part of the same big, nutty extended animated family. Within this kith and kin cum coalition, they’ve been rapidly becoming less than enthralled with their official state-sponsored pseudo-villain role. Things such as contractual Perdurable Defeat clauses and smug senshi and cheerleaders are driving the blue ram & green ewe further and further away from the fold.
Ramona Wandblume aka Shego
The Rolling Stones declared sonorously that, ‘You don’t always get what you want, you get what you need!’ : in Ramona Wandblume’s case she got both, although it took her a while to see it that way. A elementary school teacher within the German education system, Wandblume was let go for the officially curt cipher,  Unorthodox.
Wandblume  possesses a character trait that falls well within that French oxymoronic lack of definition definition, je ne sais quoi.   Within a range of three feet of Wandblume adults suddenly become antsy ; children become awed.
Neither possessing the social guile of adults nor their ability to over-think things, children tend to respond to the field distortion effect with wonder and primitive reverence. Wandblume’s thirty senior kindergartners  developed a  textbook case of pantheism that they managed, like the early Christians, to largely conceal from the Imperial eyes of the staff & administration. The apocalypse came when the acolytes of Wandblume became arrogant enough to begin scrawling defamatory graffiti accusing the principal and the bulk of the staff, who all had the typical adult reaction to Wandblume, of being Meephisto and his devilish cronies .
The final reverential act of her High Priest, Pieter Wolfe was to introduce a dollop of his father’s Rheingold ‘Wavium--an inveterate Fen-Fan who was about to ‘Space-Out’ on his family--into Wandblume’s final scholastic mug of institutional der rohkaffee (green coffee). Already feeling lousy, what having lost her job and all, Wandblume ascribed the mild post-coffee nausea to nerves and caffeine. It wasn’t until she woke up the very next morning that she knew that something else had happened to her.
She was gorgeously greenish! There would have been very different reaction had the ‘Wavium not bonded to, and modified Wandblume’s native quoi trait. Power-Word : Anxiety shifted to Power-Word : Awesome! The resultant emotive transmissive  & resultant feedback affects turned a wallflower into a wild green rose.
Casting off the ashes of her  previous life, Wandblume searched for something befitting the new her ; in quick order she used her savings to purchase and ‘wave-up a lovingly restored 1972  metal-flake-green AMC Gremlin that she rode to Fen where she operated as the independent trouble-shooter, Friday Baldwin. Her track record was rather Dirty Pair-ish but because of her electromagnetism things always turned out so awesomely that she was never without work. However, cleaning up other people’s messes began to quickly get old.
 Then, on her final mission, she went to work for someone called Van Loan and she has been with her blue, eccentric, passionate and eccentric beau ever since. It was with him that she adopted the nom de guerre and costuming of Dr. Drakken’s nominal Lieutenant & Alpha-Squeeze, Shego.
Van Loan aka Dr. Drakken
If Van Loan is eccentric it is because his ‘Wavium enhanced consciousness may involve a symbiotic synthesis of two quantum-aligned parallel identities. Either that or he’s nuttier than a can of cashews.
Van Loan had meant for Fenspace to be a mere hobby & vacation space. He meant to merely LARP as various fictional Victorian literary characters along the lines of Professor Cavor, Challenger & Moreau, et al. Then he had his near-fatal  accident with his ‘waved-up Alvin sphere cum Cavorite Sphere and his plans changed mightily.  
Besides suddenly being blue, he gained a Muse. A real Muse! A sultry voice only he can hear converses with him within his brain case. Van Loan suspects he isn’t entirely crazy for the amazing fact that the voice’s--he calls her, ???µ? (Mneme)--instructions, admonishments & praises have allowed him to actually operate within Fen-Space as an actual pseudo-mad scientist. Mneme is his greatest secret ; not even Wandblume knows of her existence.
Given his appearance, profession and temperament he adopted the Dr. Drakken persona and  signed up with Venus’ Crystal Millennium   in the weird dual role of senshi armorer & villain.  He supplied the very flashy ‘magical’ items to the very teams that would, time and time again, ‘defeat’ his nefarious plans. It was annoying but it did give him the resources he needed to fund his real projects. It also kept him from being pestered by real threats. Then Wandblume entered his life; things changed again.
 He first met Wandblume when he hired her to retrieve a stolen consignment of Yttrium that he needed to deoxidize a quantity of Vanadium for something or other for Mneme. The mission went completely Galactic-South. That surest of all future relationship markers ensued :  the ‘This guy/gal drives me crazy!’ row.  Afterwards they went their ways, but neither could stop thinking about the other. Van Loan cracked first.
Two weeks after their fiery and frankly exciting tiff, Van Loan reconnected to both apologize and offer a partnership. She had been on the cusp of doing the same thing, but externally she played it all cool and reserved. At that point it was obvious that Wandblume had no choice but to adopt the role of Shego...it really wasn’t a stretch : it really wasn’t!
After one more year of Crystal Millennium service, the couple--there was just too much crazy energy for them to remain professional--renegotiated their contract to nominal and semi-detached  R&D status; they began pursuing their own independent business, Venusian Ventures, out of a slightly rundown smallish orbital convention centre,  CONclave. Since, they have been making something of a splash in Venusian space as a colorfully compelling couple.

I've pre-read this, so my comments have been incorporated... Folks, should we just put this on the wiki as-is?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Um. Could... could I get this again, but this time maybe a little less droll? I just want to make sure there aren't any shenanigans hiding behind the japes, if you follow.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Iago: "As I am an honest man...[what need you worry?] Behind the japes is a guy having too much fun to be worried about schemes and

shenanigans.

Not helping.

Once again, less droll please.

Backstory sans drollery
                      1) Ramona Wandblume aka Shego : An ex-elementary teacher fired because her je ne sais quoi caused her coworkers to dislike her, and her students to live in awe of her. Secretly exposed to 'Wavium by the student equivalent of her High Priest--he put it in her coffee (it seemed like a good idea at the time)--Wandblume woke up the next morning to some physical and mental changes. First, she was green-ish ; second, that thing that made her anxious & self-doubting--that je ne sais quoi with the consistent negative social peer reactions--was replaced by an awesome feeling of confidence. The 'Wavium had altered her mysterious quoi signature--transmitted and fed back--from the realm of antsy doubt to the kingdom of confidant awesomeness. There is no actual competency attached to this effect. It merely has the effect of convincing herself and others that she is competent at what she does. Even when she fails, it is perceived to be for reasons beyond her mortal control. Looking for the most awesome career to fit the new her she quickly set upon heading space wards ala the time-tested manner of 'waved-up automobile. In Fen she takes to being a trouble-shooter with mixed yet very entertaining results. She does well enough and nothing important explodes, but it does get old soon. She meets Van Loan when he accepts a job from him. The job fails and they have the heady row that only happens with the interaction of the volatile chemical bonds of red-hot chemistry. A week later, Van Loan calls her to apologize and pursue ; after a brief bout of mock coy,  Wandblume accepts on both counts.
                  2) Van Loan aka Dr. Drakken : An educational assistant looking to merely vacate in Fen, Van Loan nearly died when he rode up on the wrong side of the hull of his 'waved-up Alvin Sphere. Splashed with the 'Wavium he was painting the hull with and exposed to ultra-high altitude before climbing within his vessel, he turned uniformly cyan. He also developed an inner & alarmingly feminine voice that knows how to build remarkable stuff : it's usually weird, highly quirky and of little practical use, but every now and then it's something of actual value. For every 1,000 gimcracks and oddities--invisible supercomputers and overly-smart pacifistic bombs --there are grey-water reclaimer blue-green algae cultures & ultra-high-potency hydroponic processes. The flashy nonsense inventions make him popular as the armorer for the various sentai and senshi of the Crystal Millennium. He enters into a contract to supply baubles and wands and to act as a suitably nefarious contract villain. This pays the bills but becomes a drag. He hooks up with Wandblume ; they continue working for the Millennium for a year, and then negotiate a new semi-detached armorer contract. The couple moves to a rundown orbital convention/theme park and start up their own consulting business, Venusian Ventures. This firm is contacted by elements of the Patrol to look into the formation of an all-goth-girl sentai team.

That wasn't so hard, now was it?

The only thing that trips my 'hah?' sensor is Wandblume's magnetic field. I keep rolling that one around in my head & it doesn't want to line up with anything that makes sense. Other than that, we're good. No major issues.

The EM malarkey can be rephrased to simply be that she has a certain scary je ne sais quoi about her. It's less fun than the over-the-top aura but it still allows for the same story effects. 

If the above suggestion is fine with you, I'll make the appropriate edit. Awaiting your response. -Ross

Works for me; print it.

Edit accomplished.