Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleamarket
Fleamarket
To: all-call@nation.fen
Subj: -Third Annual Fleamarket Soon To Open-
Date: 01-11-2022 - 15:03 UTC

While the Pavonis fleamarket has previously been a local thing amongst we NERVers and the Elies, last year we on the council received more than just a few e-mails in regards to possibly opeing things up to the public. We, your humble corporate overlords in the Monolith Appreciation Society, have listened to these requests and come to a conclusion.
Come on down!!!
The 3rd Annual Pavonis Fleamarket will be open from the 25th to the 31st and will be held in the Sheffield Community Centre (and several nearby warehouses, if necessary). To claim a space at which to hawk you wares (no charge), contact Mr. Jarvis at dontaskjeeves@pavonis.fen.
Of particular note this year is what the NERV Foundation will be bringing to the table. Thanks to tip off from a friend on the net, I recently managed to acquire most of the lifetime collection of a late psuedo-doomsday prepper (his relatives wish him to remain anonymous) from Wherethedulockami, Michigan. Since this incognito fellow sold off his salt mining company in the late 80s, he's been hoarding enough junk for trade and survival in that vague, post-apocalyptic wasteland of the future in one of his company's old mines that those guys from American Pickers would sell their left arms to rumage through.
Some of the things he managed to pile up are real head-scratchers, folks. Amidst a plethora of various junk and tech (in various states of disrepair, which is apparently how he afforded so much of it), we have three VW Schwimmwagens, a Victor Coca-Cola Hot Dog Kooler Grill, several Thunderbolt warning sirens, a trailer full's worth of obsolete Apples and IBMs, and, get this, _four freakin' UNIVACs_. Other than these oddballs, if its from the late 40s to early 90s and generally considered attic or celar-worthy, he grabbed it.
We on the Seele Council and in the NERV Foundation look forward to seeing you later this month. And remember, if your product says NERV - it had better be one of my T-Series units talking, or you should run for the hills.

Alex Xanatos
Commander of NERV
"God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world."
Just an idea I had that may help get my and others creative juices running. *shrugs*
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein

Subj: Re: -Third Annual Fleamarket Soon To Open-
Date: 02-11-2022 - 00:31 UTC

Good news for all you doujin fans who can't get out to Ultima: Karamitei will have a table at the Third Annual Pavonis Fleamarket!

It's a bit short notice, so I won't have a new book, but I'll be bringing along all my older books that haven't sold at the last eight Cosmic Parties. Yes, that does include the ultra-rare "4 Heart" from the very first Cosmic Party - the one that so few people got a chance to buy.

To make it up to everyone who expects to see a new book every time Karamitei has a spot sale, we'll be auctioning off an original sketch every day! And the winner gets to say what it's a sketch of! This is a charity auction - all funds will go to the Disaster Relief Housing Program.

Hope to see you there!

Yuu Inagawa - Karamitei doujin circle
Heading out-system and looking for one last chance to be pampered? Why not spend the night at the Hotel Ultima?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

On the morning of the 25th...

"Sir, I think we may have a problem."

"A problem? What is it?"

"It's a situation that causes trouble for the people involved, but that's not important right now. The Digamma Thunderbolt is hovering outside the fleamarket's front door."

"The Stellvian yacht? Get whoever's flying it to land it at the spaceport, and then line up like everyone else."

"That's the problem. Nobody's flying it. The ship says it's interested in buying one of the Schwimmwagens."

"Then it's a customer. No problem."
--
Rob Kelk

Date: 02-11-2022 - 00:79 UC

I'll be there, alongside a whole collection of spare parts for a number of different handguns, a variety of ammunition including some wildcat stuff, a box of gyrojet shells that someone had no further use for since I'm never going to find a gun that can fire them, and a few spare rifles and handguns. I can also take orders for new Caster Gun replicas, or custom firearms.

I've also got a few boxes of spare parts from a whole bunch of cars, most of which are in serviceable and unwaved condition. The majority are brand-new, with a few second hand used. And maybe a box or two of spare tools in good condition if anyone's interested. Mostly Ford stuff, including one of the final 427cu V8's built using the 351 aluminum block and some old mazda rotary stuff, including laser plugs and sender/timing modules. Mail me closer to the event for a full list. And some Highway Star stuff.

And maybe a few things from Arcadia. Whatever souvenirs we can bring back.

Are those Thunderbolts in working order?

-Ford

-------

Rally Who?

To: Ford.Sierra@Friggarock.fen
Subj: Re: Thunderbolts
Date: 02-11-2022 - 06:34 UTC

The best of the five actually works and just needs a good coat of paint and to have a couple of dents hammered out. The worst of them is pretty much spare parts. The other three all need their drive motors replaced.
Hope that helps.
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein

Oh my. I just realized something.
I have opened the doors to everyone in Fenspace. Including, amidst others, the Humourists. To a fleamarket. Considering the number of catgirls and other fuzzy-style biomods out there, how much do you wanna bet some @$$hole among is gonna do the unfortunately obvious? -_-;
Now... if I could just figure out why the heck Kokoro wants a Schwimmwagen...
And to add a little more to the thread...

Date: 02-11-2022 - 06:38 UTC

Excellent news, everyone.

After several years of negotiations, Barnes & Noble, Inc. has finally agreed to operate Starbooks Coffee in Gakuen-cho, New Port City!

With all the usual hurdles of getting a daneside franchise to open out here it’ll be a rush to do it, but I fully plan to have it opened in time for the market.

So, feel free to stop by during your visit or any old time.
Alex Xanatos
Commander of NERV
"God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world."

DeputyJones Wrote:Now... if I could just figure out why the heck Kokoro wants a Schwimmwagen...
Check her source material...
--
Rob Kelk

To: Alex Xanatos (mrpostman@pavonis.fen)

Date: 02-11-2022 - 00:87 UTC

Great! We need two new sirens for the landing bay. The remaining one just died. I'd like to get something in before we leave for Arcadia next week but if the price is right I'll wait and pick up two of the non-working ones. Reconditioning the drive motors shouldn't be too much trouble, they shouldn't be much more complicated than what we already have.

-Ford

Date: 02-11-2022 - 07:12 UTC

I just had one of my local paper pushers make a note to me of the fact that we've got some unclaimed, unpaid cargo that's been sitting gathering moondust on Luna for... um, about 5-6 years now. Most of it is old tech that I'm informed was bound for an AI 'waving operation that literally went bust when they accidentally fell into Jupiter's atmo on the way to Ganymede. I had one of my people go through it, it looks like it's pretty 'wave friendly stuff, even if it is a bit old.

We'll have a couple of stalls for that, as well as some equipment of our own that we've retired in favor of better hardware, notably in terms of things like tablet computers, and some 'waved cars we used as Blue Midget shuttles that are on the lower mileage end.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Quote:Check her source material...
*double blinks at the Schwimmwagen's Wikipedia article*
Huh...

Date: 02-11-2022 - 08:12 UTC

Hi,

I would like to warn everyone, a group of Exocomps have left the space stations, we think they are heading for the Fleamarket. They took some handwavium and spareparts with them but we have no clue why they suddenly left and what caught their attention.

If you see a small swarm of 20 Exocomps at the market, be nice to them... maybe they even want to trade something with you. They should be able to understand you easily, but they cannot talk.

We are just assembling a small group to bring them back, but they will arrive much earlier than our group will do.

Cathy

subj: Fleamarket

Date: 02-11-2022 - 1530 UTC

Cathy dont worry thats exactly where they are headed and I have them. Found them somewhere near Neptune moving at top speed and offered them a ride. I'll keep an eye on them and try and keep the mishaps to a minimum untill you get there. Ford, if your willing to trade I'll take that 427cu. engine, and I might have something to handle those Gyrojet rounds, send me the specs on them and I'll see what i have stashed away. Personally I'll have a few of my rotary coil guns in different calibers and a dozen belts each of sabot penetrator rounds per caliber for sale or trade as well as a half dozen Personal Re-entry Units. Mostly i'm looking to see what i can find to pick up either for use or trade.

James "Wolfboy" Bostwick

Quote:Date: 02-14-2022
*chuckles* Innocent mistake, but you might wanna fix that with an edit, Rajvik.

To: Wolfboy@Stellvia.fen

Date: 02-11-2022 - 0089 UC

Yeah. No.

I know what the most expensive original Gyrojets go for. I know what this engine will go for - it's still brand new. There's a big enough difference in there and I'm not desperate to own one. Not at that price. Not even at half that price.

-Ford

Date: 02-11-2022 - 1645 UTC
Better break open the piggy banks people!  Because I am personally showing up with a load of spaceframes of various models, all of the fine Black Aeronaut Technologies make that we all know and love.
Now, I know what some of you guys are thinking.  Why sell these spaceframes at the flea market when the BAT website does the trick just fine?
Simple.  These are the spaceframes on the ships we leased out and came back to us in less than pristine condition.  Normally, we'd send them off to the recycler so we can build more ships, but it seems that our "Blackbird in every dock" policy is taking hold.  Wink  So now, we'll be attending the flea market to sell these stripped-down frames.  They are in perfect condition - we've already checked them all over for defects and we are certain that they pass any safety inspection you throw at them.
Also, they are perfect for projects, much like those two Blackbird frames I sold to Jet.  In essence, you can build whatever you want knowing that it will be backed by solid, dependable, and quirk-free spaceframes.
So come on down, we'll have more than just Blackbird frames available.
-Benjamin Rhodes
Owner and Proprietor of Black Aeronaut Technologies
The difficult we do while you wait.  For the impossible, you'll need to make an appointment.

To:Ford.Sierra@Friggarock.fen

Date: 02-11-2022 - 1800 UTC

Gods Ford I'm not that stupid, I'm bringing cash also, so name your price, I just wanted to offer to find if I have something to fit that GJ in my pile of hardware. Something i could offer to soften the blow on my wallet.

--Wolfboy

To: Wolfboy@Stellvia.fen

Date: 03-11-2022 - 0093 UC

You'd be surprised how many people want to pay basic Chevy smallblock prices for something like this.

I'll name my price when I check out what your offering for trade. And the engine. It's an aluminium block, unwaved, and out of production since 2016. It's the last of the big blocks. Aluminum block rather than the usual iron. List price when new was 15,000 American. It's been tested and produces a verified 607bhp at the flywheel. And that price was without carburetor, intake manifold, custom inconel exhaust headers and electronic ignition module. That stuff's extra.

Hardtech isn't cheap I'm afraid.

-Ford

-------

Meta: digital Schwimmwagen (It's on my wishlist now, for purchase some time next month.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sheffield Community Centre
Pavonis Arcology, Mars
10-11-2022 – 11ish UTC

-Beep—Beep- -Beep-

“Yes, yes, the Toyota parts go to the left of the Mazda parts,” Alex called out. He muttered “Geez, what was he thinking he could do with all of these random pieces of car?”

“Sir!” a voice interrupted his musing. He looked up for the voice and found a speaker in the ceiling. “The Colonial Movers ship just called into Wells! They’ll arrive with the next load in about half an hour!”

Great, he thought. And we still haven’t finished with the last one. After this one it’ll be... he figured the numbers up in his head and winced …five down, eighteen to go. This guy hoarded more shit than the Mole Man.

Still…

Alex frowned when he saw a foxgirl – an anime-style kitsune, not an anthromorph - fiddling with an 80s boombox with a built-in TV on one of the folding tables. “Sheila? What are you doing?”

The brunette vulpine biomod turned around. “Oh! Hey, Commander. I noticed this little beauty in the non-working heap, but I’m pretty sure I can make it work again. Looks like the only problem is some wires. I think a rat got to it.”

He perked up a little. “Well, if you can fix it then it’ll go up in value. I’ll make a note that you get a percentage of the sale if you can.”

She grinned sheepishly. “I was actually thinking about keeping for myself, sir.”

And the kitsune biomod’s ‘Oooh, Shiny!’ quirk strikes again. “Sheila, I made a point of saying several times when we started unpacking and sorting all of this that no one can just keep what they want-“

She interrupted. “I was gonna pay the listed price for it.”

He continued, speaking more firmly. “-But That They Had To Wait Until The Fleamarket.” He sighed. “We may have been able to buy the whole lot on the cheap, but it was still a pretty penny when combined with the cost of shipping it here.”

Her ears flattened against her head and her bushy tail lowered itself between her legs as she adopted a chastened expression. “Yes, sir.”

His left eye twitched slightly. Even in a nineteen year old’s body, it’s still weird for an octogenarian to look so cute. “Just wait until the fleamarket. It’s not like you can’t be one of the first people in line, you know.”

“Colonial Movers ship Picon, now arriving!” the intercom announced.

“Aaaand it’s back to work,” he sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: In case anyone was curious, if the Colonial Movers shipis like the one in the reimagined series then it carries six standard ISO containers. That means that there are ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT containers of hoarded junk being imported from Earth to Mars for the fleamarket.