Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Infinities: Candle in the Dark] Thread for CitD (Needs Name)

Quote:“Misha,” Melissa Steiner said with a wild grin. “I have a cunning plan.”

Ohhh here we go...

And over on the SB forums, there's this chapters first 'Comstar will genocide all the things!' response. Eight hours this time! Smile

*Pauses, backs up, frowns.* Wait. Alexander Pierce is on the XCOM Council? Oh dear.

Totally trustworthy.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

well, that was a amsuing chapter and can notwait to see what the hecks happans next for sure or comstar getting thier panties in a bunch.

We here at the Gernsback Expanse Institute For Creative Messing About believe in environmentally-friendly fanfiction, so today we offer you a short story that's 80% recycled fanfic!

The short story Marathon Running is now available for your viewing pleasure.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

... note to self, be very wary of visits by ships named Prydwen to Caer Sidi. Double the guard on the brig. Wink
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Yeah, you don't want to suffer the Fallout of the Steel Brothers, do you?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Oh dear lord. The Grey Knights' ship is named Pridwen. This is an Omen, I am sure.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

The latest short story in the Candle in the Dark saga, Vanguards, is now available for your reading pleasure.

*Shudder* That last line. Well done Mal, very well done indeed.

.... The Eye of Mordor on that flag, perhaps?

Matrix Dragon Wrote:*Shudder* That last line. Well done Mal, very well done indeed.
To be fair, it wasn't totally mine. Like any good fanfic writer I'm a huge thief: that particular line was paraphrased from the last line of The Stand.

You know, if I could request a specific omake, I'd pick the first time one of the Gray Knights was introduced to the Battletech tabletop game.

Thank you Terrace for that absolutely horrifying idea, i'll see what i can do about it.

Mal, just stumbled across the Spacebattles thread on CITD for the first time since before New Year's, and came across a post of yours with this bit in it, from 2/4:
Quote:Are there any Gor coslifers in Fenspace? I doubt that.
What about the http://everything2.com/title/Tuchux]Tuchux? (Not the best link, but the best I can find. Hell, sometimes it seems like the Tuchux are like Fight Club...)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

That link is broken, unless you drop the pipe ( "|" ) and everything after it.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll

It works a whole lot better if a) I'm awake when I type, and b) don't terminate the link markup with an italics close.
-- Bob
---------

(I really need to start logging in more often when reading the forum. Anyway...)
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Mal, just stumbled across the Spacebattles thread on CITD for the first time since before New Year's, and came across a post of yours with this bit in it, from 2/4:
Quote:Are there any Gor coslifers in Fenspace? I doubt that.
What about the http://everything2.com/title/Tuchux]Tuchux? (Not the best link, but the best I can find. Hell, sometimes it seems like the Tuchux are like Fight Club...)
I don't know, maybe? if they're that hard to find IRL then in Fenspace it's likely that any hardcore Tuchux lifestylers are practically invisible. I mean, Gor as a coslife thing (as opposed to a kink) where you're trying to make A WORLD CALLED GOR *whipcrack* a legit thing would be hilariously illegal under the Articles of Convention as a start.

Oh, they're not hard to find, hundreds show up for Pennsic every year. There's just not much written about them.
-- Bob
---------

Could it possibly be because it's all between consenting adults and thus none of our *expletive* business?

Though that could be a good story in and of itself, some of the friction between the "Wax Apple" Senshi and these guys?

With "Wax Apple" being taken from Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics:
[img]http://whynotsuperheroes.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/screen-shot-2015-07-22-at-10-33-52-am.png?w=676">

That is, the folks who look good on the surface, but if you "bite into" them via conversation, etc., the turn out to be hollow.

-- James Nicoll

Like I said, it's the difference between kink and coslife. Somebody wants to engage in hardcore BDSM and slave play in the bedroom and everybody's consenting, that's their business. Coslifing Gor OTOH implies a lot of things that aren't consensual--that can't be taken as consensual--baked into the group dynamics, and would be way on the illegal side everywhere in Fenspace.

We aren't talking about some random fantasy nudists like the Barsoomians, Gor revolves around the institutionalization and normalization of rape along with a healthy interest in the slave trade. A faction based on this isn't going to last long.

Yeah I have to agree that they would definitely fall into the boskone factions. That said we really haven't seen or heard of much of that within the boskone either. Are there some lines even they refuse to cross?

"Boskone" is an umbrella term for a lot of different organisations. You've got the ordinary pirates and thionite dealers and other fairly standard-issue gangbanger types, militant "black bloc" anarchist types who got kicked out of everywhere more civilised because they were too much even for the Belters, hardcore nutcases like the Turnerites or the Slan/Separatist extremists and finally the rogue Mads like Agatha. They only really qualify as a single faction because they dislike the rest of Fenspace marginally more than they dislike each other, and because Asmodeus Grey has the threat of the Catgirling Machine or worse to keep them playing nice.

JakeGrey Wrote:... Asmodeus Grey has the threat of the Catgirling Machine or worse ...
I'm glad that somebody's noticed all those hints I've dropped in the wiki.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012