Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[meta] Tyger tyger, burning... rather dimly
[meta] Tyger tyger, burning... rather dimly
Doing some wiki maintenance, and discovered that there were six pages that pointed to the deleted page "Tyger Tyger". I deleted the redirect page altogether and the links from the two Talk pages, but I don't want to mess with http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... yger_Tyger]the other three pages - two of them are content pages (one by Warringer, the other by HRogge), and the other is Dakota's User page (and I have no business messing with somebody else's User page).

What do folks want to do with these references?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I don't get the reference except for the poem

I went and got rid of the links on my user page. Tyger was a ship that belong to Saber, who belonged to me, but I had Mal delete both of them so I could focus more on Dakota.
Those last two are more a matter of correcting what ship was used in ref to move stuff. Originally it was the Tyger Tyger, but with her 'gone' from canon they need to be linked to another ship or shipping group.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Sounds good to me. If JMC doesn't want the business, we can let HUD do the heavy moving...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Sounds good to me. If JMC doesn't want the business, we can let HUD do the heavy moving...
Placeholder Shipping Co.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

JMC is well established as having the necessary heavy transport capacity to do the work. Blue Midgets are huge designs compared to the canon from which they take their class name, four decks, they've moved whole houses from Ireland.

It's very likely, though, that they had to work alongside HUD to transport the initial components of Reykjavik Station. That was a huge job, and out of system to boot. The Little Big Bang Lab would have been easier, even though it was still out of system.

Although I suppose, in both cases, with colonies and such beginning to really pick up steam, that JMC started actively fielding some level of deliberate interstellar capacity, rather than repurposing the Midgets and taking them out of the intrasystem routes. I shall have to ruminate on what sort of fleet addition that would be the result.

Although, for the record, it's quite likely that by 2020 JMC has refit much of their fleet so anything can go interstellar if they need it (for maximum asset flex, if nothing else), it's just a matter of what sort of vessels are built that are actually purposely for those runs. The Midgets, while capable, really aren't suited for those long runs, if only in terms of crew amenities.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

robkelk Wrote:Doing some wiki maintenance, and discovered that there were six pages that pointed to the deleted page "Tyger Tyger". I deleted the redirect page altogether and the links from the two Talk pages, but I don't want to mess with http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... yger_Tyger]the other three pages - two of them are content pages (one by Warringer, the other by HRogge), and the other is Dakota's User page (and I have no business messing with somebody else's User page).

What do folks want to do with these references?

I could easily switch the transportation to a different company or drop it completely. The Jenga Modules can move on their own, it normally just takes a while to get somewhere.