Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who are they? (installment number... I lost count)
So, who are they? (installment number... I lost count)
The last paragraph in the introductory section of the Crystal Millennium writeup says:
Quote:Senshi use the same kinds of weapons as everyone else in Fenspace. Some Senshi keep trying to create magical wands for fighting evil, but so far have had less than success.[1] The cognitive disconnect of seeing short-skirted girls wielding firearms can be jarring at first.

Well, maybe it was when we wrote that... but not so much any more.

[Image: Senshi_with_guns.png]

To start off, I've added a footnote to that last sentence.

I've also put that image on the FenWiki.

Now all I need is to know who they are... They're not AMP or Sammie, but they're obviously Senshi.

Anyone have any ideas?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

No, wait - they could be Sammies. Quoting from the FenWiki:
Quote:Dress uniforms tend toward the seifuku or tuxedo, but (much like 18th- and 19th-century England) individual units have their own uniforms, so there are a few ships out there where the crew wear something out of a Horatio Hornblower movie when being presented to Serenity II. There are also a few squads where the dress uniform is something out of the Sailor Moon movies (sleeveless, strapless, full-length dresses), or Kim Possible, or Card Captor Sakura, or something else that caught the captain's fancy.

That doesn't tell us who they are, though; it just widens the possibilities...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

................. Why am I suddenly thinking "Little Sisters of Rapture, All Growed Up"? Granted, these would be the rescues that were gotten to before they became Big Sisters.
EDIT: WAITUHMINIT... I seem to recall at one point in time that Haruhi would have some 'toadies' among the Sammies going around and attempting to ensure that the SOS-dan's (read: Haruhi's) will was enforced properly... And Ben damn-near wound up tossing the three out the nearest airlock.  Perchance that these might be the three in question?