Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC] NCIS & Fenspace
[RFC] NCIS & Fenspace
I know CSI did an episode on the Fen, but what about NCIS?  With the Stingray launching in 2012, and their history of actually getting naval vessels to shoot on and their habit of at least trying to get it right, they might well do a better job of it than CSI.  Especially if the Ninja proceeded to continually photobomb CSI after their bad episode on the fen.

In fact, it could be a replacement plot for the overall arc of Season 10, with them getting called Up to deal with a crewmember of the Stingray that was murdered via being kicked out an airlock in the main belt; and actually have the cast and crew go Up to shoot it.  Any ideas?

That sounds like something I'd like to read, either as a story about how the episodes were made or as a script for the episodes themselves... Unfortunately, I haven't watched enough of NCIS to be able to help with it.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Seconded! I'd love to see it.

Hm. If for some reason Abby goes up, there's got to be some fen group in which she'll have contacts...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

No, Abby IS a fen. She just likes the rest of them better and sticks around.

I can see Gibbs getting the Trekkies, and possibly the Warsies and some of the pulpers.

Ziva would be clueless

Tony knows enough about movies to get the bigger factions, but Mcgee and Abby read enough/watch enough to catch the rest.

And Ducky and Palmer are just going with the punches, because as much as it really shouldn't, autospying someone someone who has been explosively decompressed and thrown out an airlock surprisingly has never, ever been done before for some reason.

Addendum: And Mcgee needs to have a subplot with him trying to smuggle home a jetpack!

[Image: dep_4167832-Approved-stamp.jpg]
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Still trying to figure out the suspects and reasons behind what would have happened. What would be nice is if they accidentally forcast the Boskone War in the initial episode of the event (since it'd end up being a two-parter)

Oh, don't forget that it's McGee, I think, who has fen cred as the Elf Lord on some MMORPG.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Beginning in late 2012 with the episode 'Void of Hope' (S10, episode 5), NCIS has become somewhat reknowned for accurately researching Fenspace, and producing one of the most flattering portrayals of Fenspace in Mundane television. Featuring the USS Stingray and her crew, it focuses on the deliberate spacing of a US Navy SEAL on Ceres. It notably was actually shot on location, with nearly the entire cast Going Up to shoot on the Stingray and on location on Ceres for the two-part episode. It also is known for disturbingly predicting the rise of the 'Black Hats' and the course of the Boskone War, as it portrays the murder as having been committed by a human trafficker dealing in unwillingly modded catgirls who had been discovered by the SEAL operative, Cpt (insert Name here). It is notable for being considered one of the single best episodes of the series, matched by several episodes in the 11th and 12th seasons.

Notable highlights include:

-The discovery that Gibbs can speak a rusty form of Klingon, which was taught to him by his wife, along with his affinity for TOS era Star Trek and the Original Trilogy of Star Wars.
-A running gag across the two-parter dealing with Mcgee attempting to smuggle a Handwavium based jetpack back to earth.
-The unplanned biomodding of the character of Ziva, due to her actress buying a guacamole-tainted drink on location, which scrapped the original plans for 'NCIS Red Team', and the rest of the season. This also led to the powerful character arc of her reconciling her changes with her faith and her father, and with the season-long arc of dealing with newly discovered 'Black Hat' activities on Earth. At the end of the season, she is written out of the original series and is penciled in as the leader of 'Red Team', which spun off to become an award-winning show about US Armed Forces criminal investigations in Fenspace.
-And the powerful speech by Doctor Mallard regarding the motivations of Fenners for good and ill, and the nature of obsession and how it drives every human being. (could use suggestions for this)

Did someone say "jetpack"? Here's your real-world baseline...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Gibbs already has a Cameo in "A New set of Knees"

Rajvik Wrote:Gibbs already has a Cameo in "A New set of Knees"
Can I get a link, because I don't remember seeing that on the Wiki.

Quote:richardson wrote:
Quote:Rajvik wrote:
Gibbs already has a Cameo in "A New set of Knees"
Can I get a link, because I don't remember seeing that on the Wiki.
here you go, actually i need to go back and rewrite that a bit, but here it is in its first drafthttp://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/top ... t-of-knees