Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC] 'Minnie' May Hopkins and Elpeo Ple
[RFC] 'Minnie' May Hopkins and Elpeo Ple
I couldn't resist. They were just lying there..... and....and.... well, the door was left unlocked.

Oops.

'Minnie' May Hopkins
-----

Who exactly was responsible for awakening is unknown. Thus far, nobody has been willing to take responsibility for her[ref]It's suspected it may have been a result of either curious tampering and an unlocked door, or a system malfunction[/ref]. May first became noticed on Frigga when she snuck up on Ford in the shooting range and groped her from behind - assuming she was Rally Vincent.

Since being taken on as an apprentice. Has been trying to persuade Ford to take her out bounty-hunting, but as of yet has failed. Occasionally will accompany Jet Jaguar, who finds her disguise abilities useful. When not working for Ford, she works as a pyrotechnician for Survival Shot.

==Mundane Attributes==

''It's not my first time...'': 'Experienced' - shall we say. And not ashamed to share her experience either.

''Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang'': Explosives expert.

''Gunsmith Kitten'': Ford Sierra's apprentice.

==Handwavium Abilities==

''Boom - Boomer'': Has the typical android bonuses. Potentially immortal with proper care and maintenance. Her exact hardware capabilities aren't known Nobody's even publicly admitted she's an AI, but appear to be roughly average so far.

''Kisaragi Shield'': Little Mistress of disguise. Even capable of passing as a young boy, if required.

==Quirks==

''Our differences run skin-deep''. Built to the exact same design specifications as Anika Daini. Capable of sharing parts up to and including major body components. Referred to as Flint-Type android in Cyber Confederation specifications, after the original designer, William Flint.

''Boom Boom Blush Giggle'': Gets 'stimulated' by Explosives

''It's me Rally!'': Has latched on to Ford Sierra as her 'Rally Vincent' - and still occasionally gets her name wrong. Ford finds this utterly frustrating. [ref] Ford has some quite suspicion as to why this may be, and suspects it may be related to her aunt Irene's business back home.[/ref]

''Is it hot in here?:'' Needs to breath to cool her processors down. In vacuum, she'll overheat in minutes. Physical and mental exertion also heats her up quickly, limiting her endurance and capabilities. [ref]May comes, by default, with the same repairs made to Shinji. Her body was used as practice.[/ref]

''DEXRON, the real thing.'': Requires GM-specification DEXRON VI Automatic Transmission Fluid to transmit mechanical power to her systems, and act as a coolant. It is possible for Minnie-May to bleed to death.

==Appearance==

Blonde hair, shoulder length and very thick. She has broad blue eyes, and has been described as a miniature little angel. Appears to be somewhere between the ages of 13 and 18 - younger than she acts.

==Notes==

[[Category:Characters|Hopkins, May][[Category:AI|Hopkins, May]

[[Category:Image Requested]

Elpeo Ple

Who exactly was responsible for her awakening is unknown. Thus far, nobody has been willing to take responsibility for her[ref]It's suspected it may have been a result of either curious tampering and an unlocked door, or a system malfunction[/ref]. Elpeo first appearred on Frigga when she was caught tampering with the cockpit of an Mz-23 Judy recently delivered from Haephestus.

Elpeo is an unusual case - her body having been built with known-defective parts with no intention of ever awakening it. The shielding around some of her electronics was absent, among other minor technical hitches, leading to some unusual system quirks.

Usually she's upbeat and energetic, enjoying bubblebaths, and ice-cream. A free spirit who likes to run around and play with people and things. Sometimes, she's depressive and angry, with an obsessive hatred for Gundams while seeing herself as the ideal to serve as weapon in a cockpit.

==Mundane Attributes==

''Like riding a 20 ton bicycle'': Skilled mech' pilot.

''PuruPuruPuruPuruPuruPuru....." Regularly seen running around with her arms outstretched, repeating her surname. Usually an indicator that she's happy.

==Handwavium Abilities==

''Boom - Boomer'': Has the typical android bonuses. Potentially immortal with proper care and maintenance. Her exact hardware capabilities aren't known Nobody's even publicly admitted she's an AI, but appear to be roughly average so far.

''Cyber-newtype.'': Able to intuitively understand the behaviour of electromechanical and electronic circuits - especially ones with poor shielding. Her mind has learned to interpret and understand the noise induced in her own systems. She may even be capable of low-level direct emotional empathy with other AI's. It normally only comes in occasional flashes, and can be lost in the background electronic noise. It requires the AI or system being close enough to her to be detectable, and for best effect must be of lesser or equal complexity to herself. She cannot usually do it on purpose. She even picks up stray radio transmission from time to time.

==Quirks==

''Sister, Brother'': Prone to latching on to anyone who shows her kindness, naming them as a 'family member'. Or after members of the Gundam ZZ cast.

''Ple 3''. Built to the exact same design specifications as Anika Daini. Capable of sharing parts up to and including major body components. Referred to as Flint-Type android in Cyber Confederation specifications, after the original designer, William Flint.

''The noises in my mind:" Unshielded electronics expose her core processor to outside interference, from electrical grids, power supplies and, nearby computers and nearby AI. At times this allows her to gain an intuitive understanding of the machine's behaviour. Mostly, it's noise in her mind that's distracting or occasionally disturbing. Extreme levels of noise can trigger a temporary system lockup, as her mind shuts down to protect itself from memory corruption. [ref]Attempts to correct the fault have failed[/ref].

''Keep me Bubbling....'': Loves Bubblebaths. Loves Ice-cream. Addicted to having both simultaneously. If she goes without for more than 24 hours, she starts to lose her energy and vitality - and will. She slips into a more depressive and compliant personality, disturbingly similar to what Flint had intended Anika to be.

''Gundam Smash'': Infuriated by the site of Gundam's... models or otherwise.

''Is it hot in here?:'' Needs to breath to cool her processors down. In vacuum, she'll overheat in minutes. Physical and mental exertion also heats her up quickly, limiting her endurance and capabilities. [ref]Has been retrofitted with the same repairs as Shinji.[/ref]

''DEXRON, the thirst quencher.'': Requires GM-specification DEXRON VI Automatic Transmission Fluid to transmit mechanical power to her systems, and act as a coolant. It is possible for Minnie-May to bleed to death.

==Appearance==

Strawberry Blonde hair, short cut. She has broad blue eyes with an athletic body. Behaves a lot like a ten year old child.

==Notes==

-------------------------------

Dartz Wrote:''The noises in my mind:" Unshielded electronics expose her core processor to outside interference, from electrical grids, power supplies and, nearby computers and nearby AI. At times this allows her to gain an intuitive understanding of the machine's behaviour. Mostly, it's noise in her mind that's distracting or occasionally disturbing. Extreme levels of noise can trigger a temporary system lockup, as her mind shuts down to protect itself from memory corruption. [ref]Attempts to correct the fault have failed[/ref].
This will become an interesting thing on Frigga.

The Exocomps Frigga bought for themselves have electronic based CPUs, but the ones of Catgirl Industries switched to an optical processing (made from Venus oil) in the early 2020s.

"Did you learned to sneak around like the cats at your home?" Wink

Should probably add in that anyone who has met her has refused to let her come into contact with material from Gundam Unicorn that could reveal what happened to Ple 12, aka Marida Cruz - cuz exposing an innocent to something like that is just plain wrong.

I don't think that'd be possible... not for very long anyway. She'll find it and probably find it funny or something peculiar. Or just plain not make the connection as she gets distracted.

Quote:This will become an interesting thing on Frigga.

It's a noisy place. From the humm of the powerlines and changes in volume and harmonics as things switch, to the network signals in the cables and in the air, chatter between the Exocomps and any electrical appliances that happen to be running. Even a harddrive or computer if it's close enough. She might subconsciously catch some inter-exocomp transmissions or mapping instructions and find herself arriving somewhere she hadn't planned to go, or start reciting numbers a spy's broadcasting from their apartment, or humming a tune only she can hear.

In a machine with a closed cockpit it's not so bad - especially is it's properly shielded so only the machine's own electronics get in. Putting her in a noise-free Faraday cage works - but causes her to get dour and depressive after a while. She's so used to the noise, she doesn't like the silence. Which might be one reason why the flaw is listed as uncorrectable.

I'll take the blame for them, (sighs and hands over a 55 gallon drum of bubble bath and a modular walk in freezer of Ben and Jerry's)

Rajvik Wrote:I'll take the blame for them, (sighs and hands over a 55 gallon drum of bubble bath and a modular walk in freezer of Ben and Jerry's)

I'm curious as to how exactly that happened, then. More explanation is begged. (I'd sort of assumed it was a wandering Exocomp getting curious or following a faulty 'repair' directive.) There's no video footage down there to prove otherwise.

Dartz Wrote:
Rajvik Wrote:I'll take the blame for them, (sighs and hands over a 55 gallon drum of bubble bath and a modular walk in freezer of Ben and Jerry's)

I'm curious as to how exactly that happened, then. More explanation is begged. (I'd sort of assumed it was a wandering Exocomp getting curious or following a faulty 'repair' directive.) There's no video footage down there to prove otherwise.

Maybe it was an "Undercover Exocomp" from the Frigga Factory... because of some unique thing happening this day they managed to break TITANICs code of the day and a single one pretended to be one of TITANICs drones to see a bit more of Frigga...

(edit)
Agent 00Ex... On Serinas's Secret Service! Wink