Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quotes to hang a story on
RE: Quotes to hang a story on
No, tenne. It would be the weaponization of CUTE.

Start thinking a litterally blue furred Mad of a Cat girl.

Now run like the Deevil himself be after ye.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
"Whatever happens,
We have got
The dubstep gun,
And they have not."
There was, at some stage, and may yet be, a half-written story behind this sentiment:

"Russian supply depot commanders were a Godsend to Great Justice. We got Lun just by paying a scrapyard to pay a base commander to write it off as 'sunk due to lack of maintenance and destroyed as a navigation hazard'. Of course, the day we flew it out of there - Other Things had begun which changed the world in ways we didn't think of when we started the whole project. I imagine there's now a whole bunch of commanders having soldiers show up looking for rifles that on paper are in Krasnodar, but are actually guarding someone's Ganymede freehold."

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
----

Boiler men.
Check!

Furnaces Stoked.
Check!

Boiler water level between upper and lower limits?
Check!

Feedwater injectors to Automatic.
Check!

Steam Pressure not less that 350psi?
Check!

Set governors to takeoff position.
Check!

Open Steam regulators.
Regulator open.

Confirm. Balls out.
Balls out.

Brakes Release! Take-off!

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

---- an element from something 10 years old. It became relevant due to recent events........

On behalf of the Ceremonial Council of the City of Crystal Osaka, to the Crew and Passengers of the RMS Titanic.

We apologise for our rude intrusion, and for disturbing your peaceful slumber.

We come from the ruins of the city that fell from the sky above in a spirit of humility. To learn who you were and how you lived in a past now long foreign to us, so that we might carry you and your stories with us to the future. So that the voice of your lived truth will be heard and become part of the world once more.

We place this crystal plaque upon the bridge of Titanic, to commemorate those who will call this ship home forever and as our promise that we will never forget.

"Why is there a live nuclear warhead in the freezer?  Because if you're trying to do something involving cold fusion, then you're doing it wrong!"
"Holyy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now."

"...and at the hour of our death?"

"That would be a tautology."

"The reason we decided to get the Hell out of there was because we realized that what we were hearing was actually--get this--C-Plus-Plus code being chanted in an ominous manner."

"Understandable, sir."
That sounds to me like the Tech-Priest of Syrinx, on Mars.

----

I know I've been using this to post fragments of stuff I've actually been doing but --- I don't know what else to do with things that might take years to come out

Quote:“Imagine if Reed Richards and Doctor Doom actually respected each other's capabilities and strengths, and learned to work together to mitigate each other’s weaknesses.”

“Hmmmm….”

“Its the same with a lot of the Boskonian’s I met. They were convinced of their own entitlement to be the hero of the story. They hated the idea of someone being more famous, more brilliant, more capable… while they knew they were more deserving. So many of them had that same common thread.”

“No wonder they give me so much trouble.”

“They were so terrified of being the forgotten NPC, they became the villain, convinced the whole world was their nemesis, justifying themselves by their heroic rights. Morality is different for the protagonists - being evil is ok when the hero does it. Hard men make hard choices.”

“I imagine, if they ever got the chance to walk in my shoes for a few days they’d quickly learn to be careful what they wished for. These things are bloody uncomfortable for a start.”

I wonder if the speakers are obvious.....

I'll admit, it's hard for me not to do the exact same thing in a meta sense.

"The solution is obvious: If the Earth isn't flat, then we ought to flatten it!"
Well, hell, there's an earthbound faction nobody wants.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
"What the Hell happened here?"

"To sum it up, I had a 'blue hair day'.  Of both the 'mad scientist' kind and the 'stereotypical Tumblr user' kind.  Simultaneously."

"...Oh.  Oh, dear!"
"I had so few happy memories... I thought I'd make some"

OK, I'm just gonna have to make use of some of these quotes...

Drezzer
The Guy in the Funny Black Hat
I was dicking around with the Bull's Arse online and it shat this out:

"In the vast expanse of Fenspace, where starships danced among constellations and rogue AIs whispered secrets across the cosmic winds, two souls found each other. A.C. Peters, the brilliant engineer who breathed life into metal and code, and Noah Scott, the billionaire with a penchant for vintage spacecraft collided like celestial bodies in a cosmic ballet."

(02-20-2024, 01:30 PM)Dartz Wrote: I was dicking around with the Bull's Arse online and it shat this out:

"In the vast expanse of Fenspace, where starships danced among constellations and rogue AIs whispered secrets across the cosmic winds, two souls found each other. A.C. Peters, the brilliant engineer who breathed life into metal and code, and Noah Scott, the billionaire with a penchant for vintage spacecraft collided like celestial bodies in a cosmic ballet."

That could almost be the opening line of the story where these two met for the first time.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
"What's a better idea than attaching one end of a tripwire to a Demon core?  Attaching each end of a tripwire to a separate Demon core!"