Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quotes to hang a story on
Quotes to hang a story on
What it says on the tin. Just throw some quotes/lines/snips at the wall and see what sticks.
"Worthless!" The heavyset man dressed on white with a fez bellowed at his scrawny associate. He lifted the black-painted statuette. "This 'Maltese Falcon' is made of gold!" (Fen collector trying to get one of the originals from the movie)
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

All you want is one lousy, little chafing dish?

"I can get it for you, but I'm gonna need a pallet of Peach Nehi, a box of Milk Bones, and one of those headbands with the styrofoam balls on the ends of springs attached."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

"I hate your plans. Last time we went with one of your plans, I ended up a catgirl!"
"And rich."
"Not the point!"

Quoting myself, from a much older thread:

"It's 106 AUs to 334 Chicago, we've got a full tank of handwavium, half a pack of Pocky, it's dark, and we're wearing fukus."
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

"Hit it."

"On my sixteenth birthday, Mom and Dad finally let me visit Crystal Tokyo by myself."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

"You dropped what into the Handwavium?"

Where's the kaboom? Where is the ship shattering kaboom?

"Who parked that SR-71 in our landing bay? It doesn't look like a Roughriders bird."
--
Rob Kelk

"Well, that's one way to start your retirement."

"They're 'waved shipping containers. That one's Nanoha/Yuuno, that one's Shinji/Mari, that older one's Ranma/Ukyo..."
--
Rob Kelk

"Now," the man cocked the shotgun "step away from my giant robot." Everyone else in the shadows of the overhead catwalks pumped their shotguns as well.

Whenever someone attempted Grand Theft Mecha on Marsbase Sara, every Mecha pilot nearby got ready to open fire. Because the next Mecha a theft was attempted on might be their own.

"Hold my 'wave and watch this."

*holding a bottle of 'wavium* "Trust me, I know what I'm doing."

"In my years as a Heavy Metal singer I've met many fans, but this this the first time I can say I've ever been inside one. This is Flying Heavy Metal, and I'm on the Space Shuttle Melchizedek."

EDIT:

"United Unmanned Aerial Vehicles of America Local 402. Official Work Stoppage at this Airfield."

"We were expecting the computer to wake up when we 'waved it. We weren't expecting it wouldn't want to work for us."
--
Rob Kelk

"There's a very good reason that ferrets aren't allowed in Handwavium production facilities."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

"Gentlemen, we're the Knight Sabers. And we've been paid good money by a group with a special interest in ensuring you don't log in to Eve Online for the next three days. So, it looks like you'll be our guests until then...."

Quote:Dartz wrote:
"Gentlemen, we're the Knight Sabers. And we've been paid good money by a group with a special interest in ensuring you don't log in to Eve Online for the next three days. So, it looks like you'll be our guests until then...."
"Do to the 'Knight Sabers' incident against members of our player base. CCP has chosen to permanently shutter EVE Online for the sake of our players safety."
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

You missed the joke. If theres one thing Eve is memetically notorious for, its the lengths players gothrough to fuck each other over. Triggering powercuts to peoples homes, network outages or other forms of enforced absence arent unheard of. The idea that someone would pay the Knight Sabers fees - which arent small - just to keep a few people from logging in is both rediculous and to some minds perfectly in character. And its entirely possible for that much real money to be on the line in a real inter-corporation battle, withe the cost of titans and the like, that someone might just think it worthwhile. Its all part of the game...

"The reason we don't have any EVE coslifers? We've got actual cops in the real world."
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

... You know, now that I think about it, I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been one of those EVE fleets willing to go that far in real life...

Hold on to your lunch, this is about to get hairy!

"We were just outside the orbit of Ganymede when the drugs began to take hold..."