Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NOTICE] Something wrong with the wiki software?
[NOTICE] Something wrong with the wiki software?
OK, is anyone else having issues with the wiki? I can get to the pages, but none of them display the contents. Clicking on the view source tab shows the expected source, but doing 'view source' only shows the wiki framework.

The ONLY page I've got so far to actually DISPLAY was http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Crystal_Cities . Links off it don't work EXCEPT for the Special pages.

i'm having the same issue, dont know why though

Sandwich.net servers are currently undergoing maintenance, so things are going to be up and down a bit. Hopefully things should be back to normal by tomorrow.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

M Fnord Wrote:so things are going to be up and down a bit.

Shit! Somebody check the dinosaur pens. And Find Nedry!

M Fnord Wrote:Sandwich.net servers are currently undergoing maintenance, so things are going to be up and down a bit. Hopefully things should be back to normal by tomorrow.
Well, things aren't fixed. I was trying to quick and dirty look up the distance to Delta Pavonis through the wiki and found it was still dead and non-showing. I don't know if the software is still borked, or if we need to start biting nails and hoping somebody has a backup of everything yet.

I know, I know, I'm working it. Everything seems to be there, it's just not rendering for some damn reason.

ETA: Okay, now it's showing a whole bunch of error messages but don't be too alarmed, I meant to do that.

ETA 2: It looks like the server upgrades have made the new shiny version of PHP incompatible with our version of MediaWiki. The fix for this is, literally, "upgrade MediaWiki, stupid."

So we'll be doing that as soon as I can get hold of our sysadmin & shake him a little. To the best of my knowledge everything in the SQL database is still there, and everything in the media folders is still there too. Hopefully things will be back to something resembling normal by Saturday/Sunday. I apologize for all the fucking imbecility of the last week & hopefully it won't be a thing again for a long while.

M Fnord Wrote:I know, I know, I'm working it. Everything seems to be there, it's just not rendering for some damn reason.

ETA: Okay, now it's showing a whole bunch of error messages but don't be too alarmed, I meant to do that.

ETA 2: It looks like the server upgrades have made the new shiny version of PHP incompatible with our version of MediaWiki. The fix for this is, literally, "upgrade MediaWiki, stupid."

So we'll be doing that as soon as I can get hold of our sysadmin & shake him a little. To the best of my knowledge everything in the SQL database is still there, and everything in the media folders is still there too. Hopefully things will be back to something resembling normal by Saturday/Sunday. I apologize for all the fucking imbecility of the last week & hopefully it won't be a thing again for a long while.
Not a problem. I didn't even notice until today that it didn't get fixed on time.

M Fnord Wrote:I know, I know, I'm working it. Everything seems to be there, it's just not rendering for some damn reason.

Sounds like a good time for upgrading the wiki...

M Fnord Wrote:...

So we'll be doing that as soon as I can get hold of our sysadmin & shake him a little. ...
Yay! Sortable tables, finally! No more needing to hunt through the list of Gagarin-class ships to find the non-Trekkie ones (and maybe miss some)!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Normal service has been restored.

Thank you!