Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goofing around in Daz Studio - tell me about this girl
Goofing around in Daz Studio - tell me about this girl
I was playing with Daz Studio, seeing what I could so, and came up with this young lady:

[img]http://web.ncf.ca/fm536/renders/fen-elf">

The slim limbs, pointed ears, and anime-style eyes indicate she's an elf. The shoes (all I had that would fit those "thin feet" morphs) hint she's not from a fantasy world. So... she's biomodded. I'm thinking the eyes allow her to see a full octave of "normal" and UV light, while the slimness of the limbs makes finding a form-fitting spacesuit "off the rack" difficult to impossible. And that's as far as I've got.

Does anybody need an elf in their supporting cast? If yes, here's one. If no, let's come up with a background for her together...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I really need to give this sort of thing a try at some point.

Likewise.

Also, that skirt needs to be longer. I can see... Well, I'm not sure exactly what; I'm not inclined to look closer.

"Dear God, I'm 46, I just want a fucking pint. Stop asking for Identification."

JakeGrey Wrote:Likewise.

Also, that skirt needs to be longer. I can see... Well, I'm not sure exactly what; I'm not inclined to look closer.
I don't care what the outfit says it is; I'm calling it a bikini. (Other than the shoes, the wardrobe is all from the same outfit.)

Please, do give it a try. The more images we have to use, the fewer "wall of text" pages we'll have on the FenWiki.

Dartz Wrote:"Dear God, I'm 46, I just want a fucking pint. Stop asking for Identification."
Okay, she's older than she looks, and either British, Irish, or Newfoundlander. That's one point of her backstory...
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:Please, do give it a try. The more images we have to use, the fewer "wall of text" pages we'll have on the FenWiki.
Alright. As soon as I get around to getting a decent PC, anyway.

Came into space as part of the Great Irish Houselift Project, neglected the safety lessons on helping with the waving. She's rather grateful her love of anime overrode her love of fantasy enough to avoid becoming a leprechaun, but does wish she had a little more muscle mass.

Quote:the fewer "wall of text" pages we'll have on the FenWiki.

Sorry about that.... was trying to help people write the Friggan Folk.

Name.... Denon Spirithiel?

Dartz Wrote:
Quote:the fewer "wall of text" pages we'll have on the FenWiki.

Sorry about that.... was trying to help people write the Friggan Folk.

Name.... Denon Spirithiel?
I wasn't pointing fingers - I'm responsible for more than a few "wall of text" pages myself.

Recapping what we have so far:

Denon Spirithiel
  • Born **WHITENOISE**
  • Age 46.
  • Came into space as part of the Great Irish Houselift Project, neglected the safety lessons on helping with the waving. She's rather grateful her love of anime overrode her love of fantasy enough to avoid becoming a leprechaun, but does wish she had a little more muscle mass.
(more history goes here)

Notable Mundane Attributes
(if any)

'Wavium Abilities
  • UV Sight: can see a full octave of "normal" and UV light

Quirks
  • Everything's bespoke: The slimness of the limbs makes finding clothing (including a form-fitting spacesuit) "off the rack" difficult to impossible.
  • Slim isn't strong: Denon has very little muscle mass; she's graceful, not powerful.

Faction
(if any)

Preferred Transport
(if any)

Known Associates
(if any)

Fandoms
  • some set of fantasy
  • some set of anime
--
Rob Kelk

Fandoms: include Elfquest and Shadowrun.

Highest level of education: High school grad. Divorced, mother of two. Eldest is 22-year-old daughter, in basic training for the Sammies. Younger is 18-year-old girl, looking for college opportunities in space. (Neither child got hit by the biomod stick when it whapped Mum upside the head.) Ex-husband is still in the Danelaw, not happy that his daughters are in space but not going to be a jerk about it. Both daughters and ex-husband don't quite understand why she changed her name to something "elvish" sounding; the daughters have kept their surname, ***WHITENOISE***.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quirk: Purity of the English language, ha!: Follows languages into dark alleys and mugs them for new vocabulary. She just seems to love languages, and has gained disturbing fluency in several languages, both natural and constructed. She's definitely as close to fluent as anyone can be in Quenya, Sindarin, Sperethiel, and Abh, speaks Japanese with a Kyoto accent, and when she sings in Celtic, folks get atavistic thrills of awe.

TL;DR -- She's good at languages, and can pronounce the entire International Phonetic Alphabet chart.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Old quirk, or something the wave gave her, and she only discovered it after talking in fluent Japanese for an hour? Tongue

Falls under the shadowrun 5ed bilingual quality

She'd sing in Gaelic, not Celtic. Celtic is a term for a culture, not a language.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Well, I can cover my gaffe by throwing this out.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Even though she's getting Sammie training, if she's an Elfquest fan, she might be one of the Elies of the Elysium Cooperative, which I haven't really done much with. I imagine they've got the largest Elf-mod community in Fenspace anyway.
From Fenwiki:
No description of the Pavonis Arcology can really be given without including a mention of the basics about a group that joined in on the grand experiment.
This would be the Elysium Cooperative. Slayers Fen, Sword World Fen, Zero no Tsukaima Fen, GURPS and Palladium Fantasy Fen… a gaggle of the fantasy-minded decided to band together to claim a homeland for themselves on the Red Planet. Or, at least, to prepare for a future claiming of said homeland. The “Elies” have decided that when the time comes once the Mars Terraforming Project reaches that point, the Continent of Elysium and her islands in the Sea of Utopia shall be their Promised Land.
Until then, though, the Elies have hunkered down in Pavonis, some commuting daily to the future sites of their individual or collective settlements to do what work they already can – the (temporarily!) pressure-domed, pan-fandom city of Seiluun and her various white-walled city districts seems to be coming right along – while still others work for NERV or independent Pavonis employers to meet ends meat and save up funds for their own special projects.

She's not getting Sammie training, one of her daughters is.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Insists she is NOT her daughter's class' mascot.

(Totally is.)
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead