Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[GDocs] Opening submission [Life of Drez]
[GDocs] Opening submission [Life of Drez]
Hello all, I'm Drez, and per my life, I'm 10 years late to the party. I found Fenspace a few years ago, and for the last year, I've been staring at the wall. Three days ago, my Muse finally grabbed hold of me and wouldn't let go until I had written my intro story. Then my Muse grabbed me again and made me write Rei's inception, from her point of view.

Up There (Intro Story)

Incept (Rei's POV)

Comments and suggestions are welcome. This is the first time I've written anything over about 2K characters.

Drezzer
RE: [GDocs] Opening submission
Welcome to the forums, Drezzer. Fenspace has kind of slowed down over the past few years, but Dartz and a couple others are keeping it alive; let's hope your contributions help bring it back up to speed!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(11-17-2023, 11:29 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Welcome to the forums, Drezzer.  Fenspace has kind of slowed down over the past few years, but Dartz and a couple others are keeping it alive; let's hope your contributions help bring it back up to speed!

Well, I've already got my wife interested in contributing also. She's been a DM for years so she knows how to spin a good story. We can hope.

Drezzer
It's probably the best initial submission.

It just has a nice feel to it. A good comfy fan story. Rei's perspective also interesting.... not something we've really seen before.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(11-18-2023, 07:54 AM)Dartz Wrote: It's probably the best initial submission.

It just has a nice feel to it. A good comfy fan story. Rei's perspective also interesting....  not something we've really seen before.

... well, thank you. Honestly shocked here.

As for Rei's perspective, I mean, there's AI's to the left of me, androids to the right... but I wanted to see things from her point of view, coming to grips with suddenly existing. There may be more of that in the future, I'm not sure yet. My Muse hasn't let me in on her plans for the stories, she just randomly mugs me and forces me to write.

She's already been whispering about another story I'll be forced to write...

Drezzer
Tongue 
(11-17-2023, 07:16 PM)Drezzer Wrote: Hello all, I'm Drez, and per my life, I'm 10 years late to the party. I found Fenspace a few years ago, and for the last year, I've been staring at the wall. Three days ago, my Muse finally grabbed hold of me and wouldn't let go until I had written my intro story. Then my Muse grabbed me again and made me write Rei's inception, from her point of view.

Up There (Intro Story)

Incept (Rei's POV)

Comments and suggestions are welcome. This is the first time I've written anything over about 2K characters.

Drezzer
hiya and welcome aboard.

reading thru Up there and I spotted a couple of  typos.  

As Drez and Rei are first testing the engines you have:
Quote: As Drez nodded, he yelped as he grabbed the arm rest with his right hand and snagged on something, drawing blood from the side of his hand. As he wrapped the rag around the cut and started hunting the first aid kit, Rei looked with concern. “Just caught something on the seat, I’ll check it once I get this wrapped up.” After cleaning the wound and bandaging it, which wasn’t as bad as he first suspected, Drez leaned down to get a look under the arm rest, only to find something there that could have cut him, let alone any evidence of blood.
I'm pretty sure that should be 'nothing'

Quote:The ship slowly rose, in defiance of all known laws of gravity. The wave was like that though, physical laws because more of a suggestion where it was involved. As he gave it some throttle, the RV started to accelerate slowly, sounding like nothing more than an RV climbing a steep grade.
should be 'became'

they're the most annoying kind of typos, the ones that are actual (but wrong) words and don't get spotted by spell check Tongue 

overall, enjoyable reads. Smile
(11-18-2023, 04:44 PM)Norgarth Wrote: hiya and welcome aboard.

reading thru Up there and I spotted a couple of  typos.  

As Drez and Rei are first testing the engines you have:
Quote: As Drez nodded, he yelped as he grabbed the arm rest with his right hand and snagged on something, drawing blood from the side of his hand. As he wrapped the rag around the cut and started hunting the first aid kit, Rei looked with concern. “Just caught something on the seat, I’ll check it once I get this wrapped up.” After cleaning the wound and bandaging it, which wasn’t as bad as he first suspected, Drez leaned down to get a look under the arm rest, only to find something there that could have cut him, let alone any evidence of blood.
I'm pretty sure that should be 'nothing'

Quote:The ship slowly rose, in defiance of all known laws of gravity. The wave was like that though, physical laws because more of a suggestion where it was involved. As he gave it some throttle, the RV started to accelerate slowly, sounding like nothing more than an RV climbing a steep grade.
should be 'became'

they're the most annoying kind of typos, the ones that are actual (but wrong) words and don't get spotted by spell check Tongue 

overall, enjoyable reads. Smile

Thank you. I'll get those fixed. Like they say, easiest way to find a typo is to publish it, then glance causally at it a week later...

Drezzer