Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspirational and Meta Sites Threedux
RE: Inspirational and Meta Sites Threedux
Can we not just create two states in superposition and not look at them?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(11-11-2023, 05:55 PM)Dartz Wrote: Can we not just create two states in superposition and not look at them?

I suspect that would work about as well, or as poorly, as it does in Besźel and Ul Qoma. Or as it might be going to on Dunroamin.
Posted: @jet.jaguar@friggarock.fen
Date: 01/04/2025

Hyperloop technology is heavy, complex, inconvenient and is nothing more than a White Elephant

Disrupting the hyperloop ecosystem. The future of cross-country locomotion. Fusion-vapourised high pressure phase-change DHMO propulsion with regenerative working fluid recovery and reuse.

FUNDING SECURED!!

[Image: jT8ctcKl.png]

------

My drink addled mind goes further. Even though I put this is the wrong thread. Quoted from elsewhere:

Lower gravity so lower traction. Objective is to optimise traction rather than optimise power.

Mallet-type locomotive.
Big tender because you need your own oxidiser and fuel.
Magic Handwaved Heat Generation ( LOX and Methane 'rocket steam generator' ?) Rocket engine fires for heat generation rather than thrust with steam forming in the regenerative cooling channels of the rocket engine.
Water vapourises to steam. Injected into the rear high-pressure cylinders.
Does a lot less work because we don't have a lot of starting traction.
Gets exhausted to a reheater at the front of the 'smokebox' (The exhaust from the rocket)
Low pressure steam exhausted to forward cylinders.
Forward engine supports water tanks, blowdown tuborgenerator and condenser assembly. Added weight increases adhesion.

About 7m3 Methane needs maybe 100m3 of Lox - Big tender needed. But that's enough fuel to go 500km or so.

Twice the size. Half the power. Choo-choo motherfucker (What the fuck was in this bottle)

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(12-12-2023, 03:30 PM)Dartz Wrote: (What the fuck was in this bottle)

It must be some pretty good stuff if it enabled you to come up with that design! Big Grin