Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtue is its own Reward (Arc 117631)
Virtue is its own Reward (Arc 117631)
Yes, I adapted the story a little bit, its more of a backstory arc rather than a collective narrative...

Please try and comment =D
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

Okay, minor bitching. make the first mission a smaller map and put the glowies a little closer to the front. After twenty minutes of marching through
Contaminated, I found them all in the last two rooms.

Third mission, I had to surrender and run away. For whatever reason, the enemies spawned at level 40, and kicked my level 35s ass.

The only problem I see is some minor "Idiot Ball" plot elements and an In-joke plot not a lot of people will get. [Not including the in-joke character only two people here get.]

*I* enjoyed it. There's just some folks won't like that it's a "pseudo-origin" story with no way out of Paragon. Of course these are the same people who deride "Scratching Post" as cliche and Mary Sue.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Foxboy Wrote:The only problem I see is some minor "Idiot Ball" plot elements and an In-joke plot not a lot of people will get. [Not including the in-joke
character only two people here get.]

*I* enjoyed it. There's just some folks won't like that it's a "pseudo-origin" story with no way out of Paragon. Of course these are the
same people who deride "Scratching Post" as cliche and Mary Sue.
Idiot ball?

Thank you two for trying it btw Smile
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

Idiot Ball (TVtropes)

Quote:A moment where a character's stupidity fuels an episode, or a small plot line. If the character does this the entire time then the character is Too Dumb To Live, if multiple characters have the Idiot Ball it becomes an Idiot Plot.

Coined by Hank Azaria on Hermans Head: Azaria would ask the writing staff, "Who's carrying the idiot ball this week?" This is not a compliment. The person carrying the idiot ball is often acting out of character, or misunderstanding something that could be cleared up by a single reasonable question that he isn't asking solely because the writers don't want him to ask. It's almost as if the character is being willfully stupid or obtuse. Unsurprisingly, this provokes a What An Idiot response from the audience.
-- Acyl