Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AE Author/GM Requests
AE Author/GM Requests
Theres something that has been sitting in the back of my brain in regards to AE and new content for CoH.  I've noticed time and again that that once you've gone through alot of the content, it's mostly old hat and, for some, not all too interesting if you can start to memorize the missions.  Also, Wouldn't folks love to see content geared towards their own characters?
In these regards, my brain thought it might be interesting to have other people write AE arcs for other player's toons.  In a way, allowing a randomness for character advancement you may not find in either repeat grinding, writing your own toon's AE arcs, or just writing Fic (Not that there's anything wrong with Fiction...just sayin...)
Would anyone be interested in doing this sort of thing?  Or even one or two people to test the idea and see how it works?  I'm not suggesting we have folks make endless grind/farm maps or fill a map with bosses just to challenge someone.  but rather, content driven stories for one shot runs geared towards specific characters.  Try to help put that RPG feel back into the MMO
What do folks think?

I think that's a cool idea. I've been meaning to start actually learning the editor and making my own arcs; maybe after I do I can join up on the effort.

How do we decide who writes for who?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I did one of those for V once. Gave him chills when an NPC directly addressed his character's motivations and goals.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Big Grin Hadn't really thought about the 'how' per se.  Though I would think it would be best to limit it to one toon (Or one red, one blue) to prevent people with numerous alts from requesting things for everyone.  Perhaps people can do that, post the 1-2 toons they'd love to see AE content for, and people can pick and chose.

Mm. Well, if anyone wanted to throw me a bone, I'd choose Looney Toons and Kawaiiko-chan.
-- Bob
---------

... together?
That's... got some possibilities there, Bob. Big Grin
What the hell, I'm stuck without a gaming PC at the moment but I can whack away on a 'script', so to speak, and just borrow Ops' machine if I manage to come up with something.
Don't let that stop anyone else from giving it a whirl, of course.
Bob: Looney's not a problem, but Kawaiiko-chan I've only seen ... once, I think.  Redside, hyper, magical girl, yes?  Can you send me the costume files (and maybe a quick summary of K-chan) for both of them?  sofaspud DOT prime AT gmail DOT com.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

I think he's talking about a story that focuses on Kawaii-ko-chan or LT as PCs, Spud...

Like, f'rinstance, a Carnie boss who thinks that K-chan would make a WONDERFULLY elegant minion once she's masked, and the arc deals with K-chan doing DHH assignments and dealing with the "b-plot" of Carnies ambushes in otherwise "normal" redside mishes.

Get some of the Sabres together and you can Give Bob "DW II: Robot's Rules of Order"

Just a thought.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll

I get that, Fox.  It simply helps having a better picture of who and what they are before you try writing stuff about 'em.
Looney I can grok from the published fiction.  K-chan, not so much.
(And I can't help but imagine the two of the meeting would be interesting, too.)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

My bad. Big Grin

For K-chan, imagine a mind-control dom who's based on the whole idea of being disgustingly adorable. Asuza Shiratori cringes from her, muttering "the PINK" under her breath.

-- James Nicoll

Fox has her more or less right -- she's a psi-grav dom. Not a magical girl, just keeeeeyute. I have a skeletal page for her over at the Virtue Wiki you can check out for a visual reference (except for her feet, which are in red baggy socks with black shoes, and her new aura: a golden halo). Beyond that, her bio should give you the rest:
Quote: [RP] Ain't she the cutest thing? You just want to reach out and hug her, even as she's tearing your mind and body apart with her powers. Azusa Miyazawa is her name, but they've nicknamed her for the way she acts -- the cutest of the cute. But don't be fooled.... behind those vapid blue eyes and the mindlessly cheerful grin is a stone-cold killer -- one who will giggle like a schoolgirl as she extracts your spleen through your nose.
Oh, and she speaks of herself mostly in the third person, her "battle cry" is "Kyaaaaa!", and she sprinkles her dialogue with gratuitous schoolgirl Japanese.

-- Bob
---------

...and once again I kill a thread in its sleep...
-- Bob
---------

Ha! Not so fast, there! I wanted to comment on this. Just found some time. ^_^

So - my question was this:
In doing these, is it necessary to even publish them?
Because if you're doing them solely for content in the form of running as an impromptu GM for a friend or two, you can just save the story and keep it unpublished, then when you want to run it, you grab your friends and run it in "Test" mode. That keeps things private. It also alleviates the need of using a publishing slot that you might want.
(Oh - and Kawaiiko-chan?  *RUNS SCREAMING FROM THE SPAWN* "AIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!" )

You haven't killed it, Bob.  It's like a stew -- best when simmered slowly. Big Grin
(That said, I am futzing with ideas, but it'll likely be a few days, at least.)

--sofaspud

Good to see that it hasn't died right after a post by me.

Oh, and Logan, that's a great idea. There's no need for custom arcs to be public.
-- Bob
---------

hmm, i like the idea of this actuly, be almost like a small RP sesion

Query,

Since I'm not familiar with AE in terms of publishing, you can unpublish something to free the slot right?

Yes, I do believe so...

Heh, and as to kawaii, psi grav eh? I was wondering about that and it makes sense. She's so cute she just smiles at someone and they either fall all overthemseves to help or run screaming in diabetic terror. *snerk*
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Does running it in test mode grant the same XP, etc, as running in normal mode?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

No XP at all in test mode.

-- James Nicoll

but you do get test mode badges.